Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:17:07 AM EDT
[#1]
no but you sparked my interest
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:30:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Saw this in the other thread.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Just got in a kineti-tech flat face shoe to go with the ghost inc ranger #4.5 trigger kit.

Haven't shot with the new shoe yet but the GI trigger kit was great, nice crisp break. I did try a couple dry fires with the new shoe so much more comfortable, I feel like I've got more control over the pressure while pulling the trigger. The rest is stock parts with a polish.

And still under $100
View Quote

Kinetitech is garbage and a pos company I wish I would have known your were ordering.  Shoot me an IM or a text brother and I'll fill you in
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:11:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I haven't had any problems with kineti-tech.  Don't have the Glock trigger though.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:28:58 AM EDT
[#4]
They have bad customer service.  Since the shoe worked out I don't have to deal with it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:41:14 AM EDT
[#5]
How difficult is the shoe to install on the trigger bar? I know how but was wondering what they use to hold it so far as pins.

Dave N
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:44:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Fairly easy with a punch, It used a roll pin to hold it in.

I believe apex has the just shoe option also.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:14:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info.

At this point, I need to make sure the shoe will work on the 42 and 43.
Apex says no.

Dave N
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:07:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I got a call back within 1 hour.
The shoes will fit a 42 and 43.

Trigger bars are not available, which is no big surprise.

I'll order 2 today and give a review.

Dave N
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:13:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got a call back within 1 hour.
The shoes will fit a 42 and 43.

Trigger bars are not available, which is no big surprise.

I'll order 2 today and give a review.

Dave N
View Quote

I'm sure you will love the review they write for you
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:50:29 PM EDT
[#10]
No one has ever written reviews for me. This isn't my first rodeo.

Dave N
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 11:30:53 AM EDT
[#11]
I have one which was purchased as a complete kit. Style 3, completely polished, black on black. It's seen about 3-400 rounds.

The trigger is comfortable but it's got no pre-travel limiter, so it's a factory length pull. Outside of that I felt it was comfortable and the customer service I received was great. The order went in and it shipped before the estimated time. They also contacted me to verify which parts I wanted in the kit as I had a weird combination requested for a specific frame.

If the pull was shorter, it could be a real possibility. It will not be in my primary guns until I can remedy that, but it's not a trigger I wouldn't use for any other reason. I like it, but not love... Yet. I may try to put a stop in myself.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 1:40:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks.
For a carry piece, I don't mind some pre travel. Site states very little over travel. Is that how yours is?

Dave N
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:22:48 PM EDT
[#13]
sounds like kinetic needs to redo how they cut the trigger bar channel and not take out so much material
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:57:40 PM EDT
[#14]
We will see.
Shipped today.

If it's more comfortable than the stock trigger I'll be happy considering the price.
And there are 4 styles available. I'm going to try the straight shoe since I've never had a straight trigger.
That in itself may change the feel enough for me.

Dave N
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 11:56:12 PM EDT
[#15]
eh ... I'd stick with OEM parts or known quantity manufacturers.  

I suspect a lot of these little start ups haven't done proper engineering and analysis on these triggers they are cranking out.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:33:40 AM EDT
[#16]
It's a trigger shoe. It either works or it doesn't. And the ones I have found that used it haven't had any issues.

Every company had a beginning.

Dave N
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:39:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's a trigger shoe. It either works or it doesn't. And the ones I have found that used it haven't had any issues.

Dave N
View Quote

The one I got used oversize roll pins that bound up an OEM trigger bar. I had to enlarge the hole on the trigger bar to get it to work.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:33:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The one I got used oversize roll pins that bound up an OEM trigger bar. I had to enlarge the hole on the trigger bar to get it to work.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dave N

They informed me of that when I called.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:49:50 AM EDT
[#19]
In for review.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 7:43:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dave N

Ha.  Like I was saying ...
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:11:46 AM EDT
[#21]
The 42 and 43 trigger bars apparently have a smaller hole in them. Since these trigger shoes are made for all Glocks, I'm not concerned with the 30 seconds it takes to open the hole slightly if need be.

Apex doesn't even offer a trigger shoe for a G42 or 43.

Still worth a try to me. The OEM trigger is uncomfortable for me.

Dave N
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:27:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Yup the oem trigger feel was horrible.  Ths one from K tech is comfortable but my trigger safety makes an awful noise when moved hope it goes away in time.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:59:18 AM EDT
[#23]
What kind of noise? Did you ask Kineti-Tech about it?
I would want to know.

Dave N
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:04:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Yup the oem trigger feel was horrible.  Ths one from K tech is comfortable but my trigger safety makes an awful noise when moved hope it goes away in time.
View Quote

I would think a drop of your favorite gun lube would solve that.

I couldn't wait for the review so I "pulled the trigger" on a style three
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:31:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Just a creaky metal noise itll prob be fine I did oil it probably just needs to be broken in.. we'll see

I got this one

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:29:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Got mine today. I'll install them tonight.
They have a nice finish but I do have the same light squeak in the safety.
I'll see what I can do about that.

Dave N
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:56:26 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Dave N
View Quote

Based on drok556's picture I'd say it's a tight roll pin hole on the safety causing the squeak. Most, if not all the other triggers including OEM use a solid pin to hold the safety. If it were me, I'd drive out the roll pin, open up the hole in the safety lever so it can pivot on the roll pin without binding or squeaking.

Looking forward to you're review on how well the trigger works and if all the drop safeties are still functional...

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:32:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Based on drok556's picture I'd say it's a tight roll pin hole on the safety causing the squeak. Most, if not all the other triggers including OEM use a solid pin to hold the safety. If it were me, I'd drive out the roll pin, open up the hole in the safety lever so it can pivot on the roll pin without binding or squeaking.

Looking forward to you're review on how well the trigger works and if all the drop safeties are still functional...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dave N

Can it be the spring scraping the ano?
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:07:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dave N

That is exactly what it sounds like to me.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:19:39 PM EDT
[#30]
I have both style 1 and style 4.  The trigger safety spring in the style 4 trigger not only makes noise but also has a crunch feel to it.  I might take it apart and put it back together just to see.  The style 1 trigger doesn't have any issues.  I also have a Glockcraft trigger which I prefer over the other two.

eta:  I bought the shoes only.  They shipped without the roll pins.  I emailed them and received the roll pins in a couple of days.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:21:23 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dave N

I don't have one yet... it's possible. Thing is, a roll pin is not designed to be a pivot point. Unless the pin can rotate in the hole on the trigger and it looks like it can't based on your picture then the safety has to rotate on the pin. If the safety is trying to turn that pin as it pivots you'll hear a squeak..

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:26:20 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I have both style 1 and style 4.  The trigger safety spring in the style 4 trigger not only makes noise but also has a crunch feel to it.  I might take it apart and put it back together just to see.  The style 1 trigger doesn't have any issues.  I also have a Glockcraft trigger which I prefer over the other two.
View Quote

I think the "crunch feel" confirms the safety hole is just a bit to snug. Sounds like the safety trying to turn the pin instead of rotating freely on it, the split of the roll pin is giving that crunchy feeling as it's scraping along the surface of the hole.. and squeaking.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:03:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I don't have one yet... it's possible. Thing is, a roll pin is not designed to be a pivot point. Unless the pin can rotate in the hole on the trigger and it looks like it can't based on your picture then the safety has to rotate on the pin. If the safety is trying to turn that pin as it pivots you'll hear a squeak..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dave N

I wonder if Agency Arms has this problem too? they use roll pins in their trigger shoe.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:33:26 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm thinking I may knock the pin out and see what I see too.
Still sounds like the spring to me but if the hole in the safety is tight, I can open it slightly.
I'll also report this back to Kineti-Tech.
Be interesting to see what they say.

Dave N
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 8:33:09 PM EDT
[#35]
I got them installed.
I tapped the roll pin very lightly and the squeak went away.
Kineti-Tech said:
I do believe it is the spring.  We size the hole on the safety portion a little larger than the trigger pin holes. I noticed that with a few of them now and then I think it's from a slight inconsistency in the Springs. But! Run the gun for a little and it won't be an issue anymore.

Ok, I have to say these triggers feel great! So much better than stock. Smooth, no hanging, very comfortable pull.
They are flatter and wider than stock.

Very easy to install.
Disassemble the lower.
I took a small puch and drove the OEM pin through the other side of the OEM trigger enough for the bar to come free.
I used a 3/32 drill bit to slightly open the hole in the G42 and G43 bar. Roll pin slides through with little play.

Set the new trigger shoe on the bar and tap the new roll pin in.
Took less than 10 minutes.

Kind of wish I had all of the styles to pick from but the #3 flat trigger is very comfortable for me.
No difference in take up and slightly less reset than stock.

I will get with Kineti-Tech and give them my 2 cents about recommendations which are few.

Open the hole.

I do recommend these for a more comfortable trigger especially considering the price and 4 different options.  

Dave N
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:28:59 PM EDT
[#36]
What style feels the best 1,2,3 or 4
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:36:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't know LOL
I got #3. Feels great to me but I have to admit, I'm liking 2 and 4 also.
1 is pretty much a stock configuration.

Dave N
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:47:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

That'd be more of a personal thing.  I got #2 the one in the pic I posted and I like it, it kinda feels like it keeps my finger in the same spot for consistent finger placement. Also like it because it's a wider platform.  Idk not good at explaining

Good to hear feedback about the squeak from the company seems like their customer service has improved.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:54:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Thank, I'll try a 2
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:18:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That'd be more of a personal thing.  I got #2 the one in the pic I posted and I like it, it kinda feels like it keeps my finger in the same spot for consistent finger placement. Also like it because it's a wider platform.  Idk not good at explaining

Good to hear feedback about the squeak from the company seems like their customer service has improved.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I spoke with them tonight and they are looking to change the roll pin size.
They have answered every question I have asked in short time frame.

We will see how the triggers improve.
I like the fact that they don't change the geometry much. I have two Glocks set up with ZEV triggers but I prefer a more forgiving trigger in a carry pistol.
So for me, this is a great choice.

Dave N

Dave N
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:29:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Yea thats why I bought it, for carry and I didn't like the oe shoe
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:32:49 PM EDT
[#42]
I like the fact that they don't change the geometry much. I have two Glocks set up with ZEV triggers but I prefer a more forgiving trigger in a carry pistol.

Exactly what I wanted to hear. I like a flat, wide trigger, BUT, didn't want a short take up for my carry guns...

Thanks for the info

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:58:29 PM EDT
[#43]
No problem
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 12:10:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Well it all wonderful y'all are enjoying their products I'm still out 160$ so my opinion won't change about those cocks
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 8:41:37 AM EDT
[#45]
I took pictures of the install but apparently I'm to dumb to get them from my phone to here
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 9:19:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I took pictures of the install but apparently I'm to dumb to get them from my phone to here
View Quote

Send them to me...
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 9:33:35 AM EDT
[#47]
I tried sending them to myself via e-mail but still didn't get them. I can post to facebook. Just got Win 10 and I'm lost.
IM me your e-mail and I'll try to send them.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 11:47:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Well it all wonderful y'all are enjoying their products I'm still out 160$ so my opinion won't change about those cocks
View Quote

Aww man I guess I read your text wrong. I thought you ended up getting your item/money back... Sht sorry bud in still not going back for anything else, just glad I got lucky.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 12:48:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Sent pics
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 2:59:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Posted for Shadowcop

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top