Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2016 11:38:30 AM EDT
I just got a Glock 34 MOS and it is currently in the stock configuration. Looking at lots of tall sight and dot combinations, it seems suppressor sights aren't cutting it for cowitness. I would really like to spec out a dot/sight combo that allows cowitness so I can still shoot the gun with irons.

There are a ton of combinations with all the dots and tall sights out there, and I'd really like to do it right the first time, so from personal experience, which combo will work so that I can shoot with irons even with a dot mounted?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:54:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Subscribing to this because I have the same question. Hope I don't regret getting the mos version of the 19.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:19:21 PM EDT
[#2]
A few from my experiences -

Trijicon RMR + Ameriglo or Trijicon Suppressor Sights = Co-witness

Leupold Deltapoint (Original) + Ameriglo or Trijicon Suppressor Sights = Co-witness.

Leupold Deltapoint PRO = No known sight combo for co-witness.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:30:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Subscribing too I have a 41 mos and with that plate I think its too high with my mrds
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:59:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Leupold Deltapoint (Original) + Ameriglo or Trijicon Suppressor Sights = Co-witness.

View Quote

When you say the RMR cowitnesses with suppressor height sights, how much of the sight picture is visible? Are we talking the full notch is visible, or just the tops of the notch/post? I'm asking particularly in regards to Teijicons. I'd prefer to use them if they have a full sight picture over the RMR.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:20:33 PM EDT
[#5]
To add to this issue, the sights on the mos versions are set farther to the rear and a majority of the sight manufacturers don't even make mos versions of their sights yet. I contacted Way of the Gun about the proctor Y Notch sights because it what I was leaning toward and they said that they don't have anything in the works for the mos Glocks yet. I think it might be a little while before companies come up with something for these models.  Bummer.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:32:53 PM EDT
[#6]
...but everyone wants to question "what's wrong with the MOS Glocks"... ;)

This thread is one of several weak points of the MOS system.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:12:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
...but everyone wants to question "what's wrong with the MOS Glocks"... ;)

This thread is one of several weak points of the MOS system.
View Quote

I think the MOS Glocks are a good starting point for those who want to see if they like the MRDS concept, before committing and going the custom milled route or getting something like a Unity Tactical ATOM slide, IMHO.

Some people also just want a turn-key setup, and don't want to send off their slide and wait.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:18:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good info, thank you.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:57:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Dawson has sights available for the MOS Glocks that will co witness.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:20:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I believe they will only co-witness with the RMR and older Deltapoint (not Pro)
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:21:07 AM EDT
[#11]
I posted this pic before in another thread about the MOS.  This is a pic of an RMR and Ameriglo suppressor sights on a slide milled by L&M Precision, not an MOS Glock.  As you can see, you can just see the entire front dot, there's no extra space below it.  The MOS mounts the optic higher than a milled slide, I don't know exactly by how much, but I'd think it would be enough to cut off part of the front dot.  If you get all black Ameriglo sights maybe they would work.  I believe the Trijicon suppressor sights are taller than the Ameriglo.

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:54:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How does the Burris Fastfire compare height wise to the RMR? I'm wondering if those Dawson sights would work with it, as it is a purportedly good option at about half or less the cost.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:59:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Dawson will also custom make you a set of sights in a different height if you contact them.  The Fastfire III is taller than an RMR, not sure by how much or if Dawson could even make sights high enough to work with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top