Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 5:49:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Weird.  Just got mine.
I just tried the magguts flat spring and magguts follower in a Pearce +1, and NO plate and was still like 33% short of getting the 8th round in.  These were 147gr golden Saber's just laying around; I wonder if that had anything to do with it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I tried the MagGuts follower with the flat spring in the Pearce +1 without the lock plate and 8 will fit.

Weird.  Just got mine.
I just tried the magguts flat spring and magguts follower in a Pearce +1, and NO plate and was still like 33% short of getting the 8th round in.  These were 147gr golden Saber's just laying around; I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

147g Gold Dot G2

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 9:29:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The flat spring will not allow 8 to fit with the Pearce +1 base.  I think the follower is hitting the top portion of the base plate lock.

eta,

I tried the MagGuts follower with the flat spring in the Pearce +1 without the lock plate and 8 will fit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Weird.  On Glocktalk, someone wrote the magguts wouldn't work with the Pearce or TTI +1.
You sound like you're having better luck.  Did you get the flat-spring to fit in any aftermarket mag-bases?

The flat spring will not allow 8 to fit with the Pearce +1 base.  I think the follower is hitting the top portion of the base plate lock.

eta,

I could fit 8 in the 42 Mag with a Teran +1. But the rounds were so tight, when inserted in the pistol, the slide would hang when trying to charge it.
If it's the same with the 43, it won't work. You have to have a slight amount of give.

Dave N
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:47:53 PM EDT
[#3]
What's the point of it?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 2:36:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What's the point of it?
View Quote

Gives you 1 extra round without extending the mag length.

Dave N
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:01:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine came in yesterday.  I may be in the minority, but I like it.  It seems like a high quality kit, and it does exactly what it is advertised to do.  Sure, it would have been awesome if it could have been combined with a Pearce extension for an 8 round mag, but it wasn't designed for that.  Assuming it proves to be reliable, I'll use the MagGuts mag when I need to maximize concealment.  

As for complaints about the "zee spring", I think KR20 and ShadowCop identified why MagGuts had to go that route.  At least they were able to figure out something that would work.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:34:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I got the Pearce +1 today. Not even close with the MagGuts.
I thought about modifying the extension but why? I would never trust it for carry and it doesn't serve a purpose for the range.

So, I'll just use each in a mag for 7 rounds that are reliable and call it a day.

Dave N
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top