Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2015 7:25:43 AM EDT

I couldn't find much on the ghost 3.3 pro but i found this video from a few months ago video link skip to 4:45 to watch the trigger pull.  Would a trigger pull like in the video be unsafe?  This would be for range use only.  Would an agency arms and a ghost 3.3 pro be a good combo,  what else would i need, like springs and such.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:46:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine seems perfectly safe to me, I didn't dick with the pre-travel though, might be slightly less.

With a 6lb trigger spring, 4.5 striker spring, lightened safety plunger spring, polished internals, and a little mod to the trigger bar, it is very light, sorry no scale. The removal of most of the overtravel makes the reset very short. My knowledge of other options is non-existent so I can't tell you it's better than anything.

With the light striker spring you will either need to change the striker or be picky/precise about primers, it will not light Tulammo, it will not light a primer that is not fully seated, with the factory spring it will, and while the pull is still nice it's noticeably heavier. I mostly reload so I can't say what other factory ammo it won't work with.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:21:37 PM EDT
[#2]
It is really hard for a trigger to be unsafe.  Shooters are unsafe not triggers so as long as you follow the gun rules you will not have a problem.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:37:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I Installed a 3.5 connector, 6lbs Trigger Spring and a LoneWolf Ultimate Trigger Stop in my G35 and its exactly the same as he is showing in the video. I use mine for USPSA. It doesn't disable any safety's so I see nothing wrong with it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:27:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I couldn't find much on the ghost 3.3 pro but i found this video from a few months ago video link skip to 4:45 to watch the trigger pull.  Would a trigger pull like in the video be unsafe?  This would be for range use only.  Would an agency arms and a ghost 3.3 pro be a good combo,  what else would i need, like springs and such.
View Quote

That's a pretty good video!  At the risk of being unpopular, I'm going to disagree with the majority opinion that's been given, so far.  Personally I do think that trigger is unsafe to use on a striker-fired pistol.  I know for certain that I'd never carry it; and most of what I shoot at the range is pistols that I, also, carry.  When I'm shooting well I don't even notice that so-called, 'wall' - Which doesn't exist, at all, when you're firing from reset, anyway.  Overall I like Glock's longer trigger take-up, and the slight stop before the striker lug and the cruciform sear tab break apart.  

I think this is how a striker-fired pistol should behave.  Nor would I be comfortable were I to notice the Glockeroo on my right with that kind of trigger on his Glock.  Why?  Because the very first thing a Glockeroo will do if he has any sort of FTFi is to:  stop, turn the muzzle to his left, and begin to examine the pistol.  (If I've seen this happen once, I've seen it happen a dozen times!)  The other thing you've got to worry about is that people with really nice pistols - pistols on which they've spent a lot of money - have a tendency to place them sideways on many shooting benches.  

(I don't think I've ever gone 30 days without having to say to someone, 'Would you mind taking your muzzle off me?'  'Thank  you so much!'  Unless there's an R.O. present behind the line, shooters tend to do this all of the time!)  
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:07:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's a pretty good video!  At the risk of being unpopular, I'm going to disagree with the majority opinion that's been given, so far.  Personally I do think that trigger is unsafe to use on a striker-fired pistol.  I know for certain that I'd never carry it; and most of what I shoot at the range is pistols that I, also, carry.  When I'm shooting well I don't even notice that so-called, 'wall' - Which doesn't exist, at all, when you're firing from reset, anyway.  Overall I like Glock's longer trigger take-up, and the slight stop before the striker lug and the cruciform sear tab break apart.  

I think this is how a striker-fired pistol should behave.  Nor would I be comfortable were I to notice the Glockeroo on my right with that kind of trigger on his Glock.  Why?  Because the very first thing a Glockeroo will do if he has any sort of FTFi is to:  stop, turn the muzzle to his left, and begin to examine the pistol.  (If I've seen this happen once, I've seen it happen a dozen times!)  The other thing you've got to worry about is that people with really nice pistols - pistols on which they've spent a lot of money - have a tendency to place them sideways on many shooting benches.  

(I don't think I've ever gone 30 days without having to say to someone, 'Would you mind taking your muzzle off me?'  'Thank  you so much!'  Unless there's an R.O. present behind the line, shooters tend to do this all of the time!)  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you flag people all the time?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:50:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Well OP I don't know what kind of shooting you do I shoot competitions that require movement, as such 20-50% of my shots are not from reset as I don't run around with my finger in the triggerguard much less on the trigger. I do alright stock, I do better not, the light smooth pull makes it easier reset or not.

I don't carry my G17, I carry a 1911 with a lighter and shorter pull. I don't muzzle people, yeah I have seen it, it's been done to me, I don't care if they have a trigger lock on there I'm not comfortable with it if someone is dicking with a gun pointed in my direction, so I'm not sure what that had to do with anything. There is no practical trigger pull heavy and long enough to protect you from dumbasses.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:10:28 PM EDT
[#7]

What i meant by unsafe is, if it disabled any of the glock safeties, not that im gonna be running around flagging people with my finger on the trigger unsafe.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:19:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Do you flag people all the time?
View Quote

Oftentimes, yes, but mostly only when I'm working as either an Instructor, or a Range Officer; however, there are also times when I'll simply turn away in disgust and ignore some, 'jerk with a gun' in much the same way as I'll do on an IGF.  There's a difference between being unsafe, and being just plain stupid.  Unsafe I won't ignore; stupid I will.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 12:05:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the Agency Arms trigger and the Pro 3.3 connector.
However, I had to file down ALMOST all of the tab to get it to pull and reset.  I had it as good as the video, but a friend said he had a rocket or whatever set like that and then once it did not pull--so I gave mine a very SLIGHT amount of overtravel.  Not enough to through me off at all really.
The odd thing was, when I went to a stock 5# trigger spring instead of the 6#, it feels like I have MORE overtravel (which doesn't make sense, but bothers me a bit).

My trigger was at 3.5# at the bottom, now it's at 3.75# at the bottom.  
I may another PRO 3.3 just to mess with...I seriously only have a NUB now (it seems to me they wouldn't be asking people to remove 80% of the tab, but I had to).
That said, my G43 also took a LOT more material off than I thought it should...like 60% (it goes from top to bottom making a thinner tab vs a shorter tab).
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:06:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have the Agency Arms trigger and the Pro 3.3 connector.
However, I had to file down ALMOST all of the tab to get it to pull and reset.  I had it as good as the video, but a friend said he had a rocket or whatever set like that and then once it did not pull--so I gave mine a very SLIGHT amount of overtravel.  Not enough to through me off at all really.
The odd thing was, when I went to a stock 5# trigger spring instead of the 6#, it feels like I have MORE overtravel (which doesn't make sense, but bothers me a bit).

My trigger was at 3.5# at the bottom, now it's at 3.75# at the bottom.  
I may another PRO 3.3 just to mess with...I seriously only have a NUB now (it seems to me they wouldn't be asking people to remove 80% of the tab, but I had to).
That said, my G43 also took a LOT more material off than I thought it should...like 60% (it goes from top to bottom making a thinner tab vs a shorter tab).
View Quote

Send an email to ghost inc include a pic of connector you never know they might send you another one.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:35:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Well it's LITERALLY only like two millimeters.  While I preferred it when it was 0.5 to 1 millimeter (50% less post-break movement), I'm not sure I'd trust it any shorter.
I still want to know if changing the trigger spring actually made it feel longer or if it just "broke in" or "settled" or something.  
Right now I have a bit more pre-travel than I want--it's okay perhaps for staging, but it's a longer pull than I'm used to with a glock and a ghost edge or 3.5#.  I'll add a video here shortly....

I have a 2-day pistol class in 3 weeks, so I'm hoping to decide on a trigger set up a week before that...or just use this one.  I would like to try the DEM and play around with connectors a bit more (though pretravel is all in the trigger bar and can't be reduced too much without compromising the safety plunger).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yJU80BkY1EE

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yJU80BkY1EE
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:38:55 PM EDT
[#12]
They're odd right on the edge, I think most that install them blow right past it.
With all stock springs I had to file the TCT down to slightly more than a nub to get it to release consistently, made a couple more passes for reliability's sake, install 6lb spring won't fire, take a little more til it does and a touch extra, works, then and this was really odd to me put the factory slide cover back in and release was completely unreliable until I filed off some more, I don't see how a slide cover could make any difference but it did. Haven't put the stock spring back in but I wouldn't be suprised if it changed more than the pull weight.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:38:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you clarify that for me? it seems like you defined something you first claimed doesnt exist.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:51:13 PM EDT
[#14]
"don't see how a slide cover could make any difference but it did."

Hahhaha!!
1). I'm glad filing to a near nub isn't that unusual ("How out of spec is this gun!?!").   I don't know why they put the extra 50-60% of tab on when no one can get it to even release until you have 75% or more taken off.
2). I wouldn't think a slide plate would matter either, but I swear my overtravel increased a bit with the 5# spring.  I think the reset felt a bit weak with the 6# (can't remember the reason now).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top