Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 1:30:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I really just want the finger grooves removed.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 3:55:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No, and I've said the same in the past.  There are others that are good at stippling, Tactical Textures for instance.  His work is good, not on the same level as SSVI or Boresight though.  AA, Zev, and all the others that do similar work, I consider those to be eyesores.  It may function just fine, it looks like crap in my opinion.  The factory texture looks better.  The guys that are really good though, they actually make the gun look better than what it did in stock form.

Yes, this is my opinion, obviously when I say something "looks like" I'm conveying a subjective idea.  You're entitled to your own opinion, but I'm going to think you're for thinking that AA's stippling looks good.

ETA:  The Agency, SSVI, BDL collaboration you posted the pic of, that looks phenomenal, even with the over the top slide work.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
SSVI is the masters at shaping polymer, no one produces anything close to it. Not Agency, not Boresight... but SSVI being amazing doesn't somehow make everyone elses work "shitty". Boresight looks like they produce quality work, but I've never been a big fan of it.

No, and I've said the same in the past.  There are others that are good at stippling, Tactical Textures for instance.  His work is good, not on the same level as SSVI or Boresight though.  AA, Zev, and all the others that do similar work, I consider those to be eyesores.  It may function just fine, it looks like crap in my opinion.  The factory texture looks better.  The guys that are really good though, they actually make the gun look better than what it did in stock form.

Yes, this is my opinion, obviously when I say something "looks like" I'm conveying a subjective idea.  You're entitled to your own opinion, but I'm going to think you're for thinking that AA's stippling looks good.

ETA:  The Agency, SSVI, BDL collaboration you posted the pic of, that looks phenomenal, even with the over the top slide work.

So you're allowed to have your opinion, and expect it to be respected. Yet you can flat out say that you think anyone that likes any stippling other than SSVI or Boresight is ?

ok
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 8:25:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So you're allowed to have your opinion, and expect it to be respected. Yet you can flat out say that you think anyone that likes any stippling other than SSVI or Boresight is ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
First time ive heard someone refer to AA work as "looking like shit"...

I never asked anyone to respect my opinion, just pointing out that they're opinions, not facts.  But yeah, you thought my opinion was and I think yours is.  Fortunately this is America and we get to all have different opinions.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 9:43:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I've seen Cold Bore Customs, Tactical Textures and Sweaty, Muddy, Bloody's work in person.

They all do nice stuff.

I have a few friends who have Agency Arms (one is on their website) and they all like them. I'm not impressed with the frame stuff.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 11:14:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Another vote for Cold Bore. Mr Owens has one of my frames right now and I can't wait to get it back.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 12:48:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I never asked anyone to respect my opinion, just pointing out that they're opinions, not facts.  But yeah, you thought my opinion was and I think yours is.  Fortunately this is America and we get to all have different opinions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
First time ive heard someone refer to AA work as "looking like shit"...

Its honestly not worth arguing over man, I respect your opinion(whether you return the respect or not). If you don't like a stippling pattern you don't have to like it or buy it. Ive seen professional stippling I didn't care for, but for the most part the pro work ive seen didn't "look like shit."

Also, I agree that ColdBore does killer work but ive never seen one in person. My curiosity makes me wonder how aggresive the grip texture actually is on the gun? I really like the look of SSVI texture over any other, but it looks "less grippy" or slicker to me in pictures ive seen of it.

For a carry gun some people like a smoother texture so it doesn't rub a hole in their stomach or hip. I like the feel of the "grip tape" looking stippling personally so I went with something ive personally been able to handle and knew I would like.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 1:36:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Then buy a Gen2.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:52:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Belt sander and/or dremel, then soldering iron or wood burner.

Or you can send it off to Cold Bore Customs; it seems like they are the only one who offer the finger grooves removal service by itself.

$35 finger hump removal
$25 front strap texturing
$20 return shipping
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top