Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2015 2:30:11 PM EDT
Glock 43 v. Beretta Nano v. Smith and Wesson M&P Shield

I transferred a Red Jacket Integrally Suppressed 458 SOCOM to a friend today and we took it tot the range.  In between letting the rifle cool of, we started shooting my Glock 43 and Beretta Nano.  One of the guys who was at the range came over and we added his M&P shield into the mix.

My Thoughts:  I am a Glock guy and I remain a Glock guy.  

I have always complained about the mushy long trigger pull trigger on the Beretta Nano.  That was made more apparent when shooting it next to the Glock 43 and the M&P Shield.

The Beretta sits very tall in your hand.  Noticeably taller than the Glock and the Shield.  

I still think the clock 43 is the better of the two guns in all respects. However, the Beretta Nano isn't bad. I just prefer the Glock.

Frankly, everyone who shot all three pistols preferred the Glock.

Link Posted: 6/26/2015 3:09:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Has anyone shot the Glock 43 side by side with a Nano and Shield or others?
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 3:45:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I think I read this already today...
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 4:18:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got a Glock 43 and really like it. That being said I'd love to try the nano and m&p. thanks for your observations!
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:23:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Fuckin' 03'er

G43 FTMFW!!!!1!!

Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:51:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I've held the Nano and dry fired it. I wasn't particularly moved by it.

I have owned the Shield off and on and it was my primary carry for a while.

After purchasing and shooting the G43, I'm back to Glock. I'm still hitting left a little with it, but time and practice should clear that up.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 2:12:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I finally broke down and ordered my 43 today, I have a Shield good gun but a little on the large side for a BUG and that's what this size weapon is for me. Glock looks a little smaller. Shop didn't have any blue labels in stock so had to order, but while they were at it I told
D then to toss in a 41, hard to beat blue label prices. Know if I could just locate some more mags for it I'd be good to go.

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 9:04:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I am a die hard Glock koolaid drinking fanboi but the shield is a better cc weapon for me.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 12:53:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I have owned about every single stack 9mm gun out there, and the Glock is the best IMO.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:47:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have owned about every single stack 9mm gun out there, and the Glock is the best IMO.
View Quote

Which ones do you have?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:26:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you have the kahr?

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:49:48 AM EDT
[#11]
About two years ago I got tired of waiting for Glock, so I got a Shield.  After shooting the Shield and G43 side by side I am still happy with my decision.  For me the Shield feels better in my hand, at least one more round of ammunition and a little more compact.  I still own three G19s, but I do not see a G43 in my future.  The Nano was a non-starter.
My daughter who carries was holding out for the Glock 43 until she shot it side by side with the Shield and reached the same conclusion.  
She is now carrying a Shield exclusively, lately I have gone back to a S&W 442 or G19 for CCW.  If I carry OWB it is usually my WC GP100 or 1911.
My 2 cents.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:53:20 AM EDT
[#12]
If mine ever gets here I plan to shoot it side by side with a Shield (wife's) and XDS (friend's).  Just based off of handling them, I already think I will prefer the Glock.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:19:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Do you have the kahr?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have the kahr?

Not sure about him, but I have a PM9 I'm thinking of trading on a G43. The PM9 is a fine gun, but I'm more partial to the Glock style trigger.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:24:34 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a PM9. Trigger job and the trigger pull is very nice.
But it's still long.

I'll take the 43 over it any day for trigger, comfort, and reliability.

Dave N
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:03:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I had a nano and I hated it.

The manual recommends 124 gr min.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:08:34 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Do you have the kahr?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you have the kahr?

Yep have the PM9, and still pocket carry a P380. Kahr is not horrible, but the trigger is very long, as is the reset, also I ride the slide stop with my grip.

I have owned a PM9, Shield, Walter PPS, Ruger LC9, and while not owned I have put a some rounds threw a Sig P290 and Berreta Nano.

The only one that was close in performance to the Glock was the Walter, but after the slide stop broke after 300 rounds I just did not trust the gun anymore. I like to shoot these gun in a few IDPA or IPSC matches to really get a feel for the gun.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:52:37 AM EDT
[#17]
I shot a coworkers G43 the other day. really liked it. More than my 26 or 42. I'll be buying one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top