Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2015 4:08:40 AM EDT
Have you guys seen the new magazines for Glock 9mm by Magpul?
(Forgive me if this has been posted already)
Found them at local shop for $16. 17 round capacity and are drop free.
Good quality as you'd expect from Magpul
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 5:57:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Just waiting on the g19 and .40. They've been posted quite a bit but I haven't seen any locally.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 8:08:53 AM EDT
[#2]
At current Glock mag pricing, I would rather pay a few dollars more for real Glock mags with steel liners an witness holes.  If Glock mags start costing $50 or more I might start looking at the Magpul mags more seriously.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 8:21:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I got one of the 17 rounders for my glock 19 just to be a range mag. I got it for 15 bucks.

It has been flawless so far, probably 100 rounds through that mag.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 8:59:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I would buy 20-30, G-21mags at $12-15. Glock 21 mags please. Oh and while I am wishing M&P mags too.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 10:21:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Good point yojimbo. I just found factory Glock mags
at CDNN for $19.99
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 3:11:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought five because I got them for $15 each.

Considering I have a bunch of glock mags I got at that price or cheaper, I won't be making a switch.

Of the five, two will not drop free.

So in short: Glock>Magpul
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 3:24:44 PM EDT
[#7]
i have 17 of them,, no issues, but i haven't shot them much, haven't had the chance.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 4:00:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I have shot them and ran them through some mud. I wish they had round count holes, but they run fine regardless.

Since I am shooting competitions where mags get dropped all the time, I will be slowly changing over to the magpuls.

I haven't found them locally though. Mine all came from Midway.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 4:08:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I want to try some for sure. I think Magpul should make these mags in 9mm and 40 S&W @ 140mm in length. I think there would be a real market for a one piece limited legal mag.
The only thing I would wonder is how well they would drop empty it seems the after market aluminum extensions extra weight helps there.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 6:03:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
At current Glock mag pricing, I would rather pay a few dollars more for real Glock mags with steel liners an witness holes.  If Glock mags start costing $50 or more I might start looking at the Magpul mags more seriously.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 6:23:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I would buy 20-30, G-21mags at $12-15. Glock 21 mags please. Oh and while I am wishing M&P mags too.
View Quote

My son has a 21, and I may buy one for myself soon. I'd buy Magpul mags if they became available.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 6:49:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Got three to try for $16 each at Cabelas. I wish it had more witness holes, but I like the easy off base plate. So far they worked fine at an IDPA match the other night.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 6:57:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I bought 5 of the Glock 17 magazines to try out. I have plenty of OEM mags, but these ones will be the range beaters. If Magpul ever releases a .40 version I will buy some of those as well for the same purpose to keep from beating my duty magazines up.

Some observations:

The body feels stiffer than the OE Glock.
There is no large 9mm markings on the magazine. The follower and the body both have very small print. This will be a negative if/when the .40 versions are released. The OE Glock mags are way better in that regard.
I don't miss the witness holes, but I don't shoot competitions that require me to load x number of rounds. Knowing the magazine is full is good enough for me.
The floorplate is really nice and much simpler than the OE design.

If there was one area where I think the GL17 magazine will do better than the OE design is the feed lips. If Magpul got it right(which I'm sure they did) the feed lips will hold up better to heavy use. The metal and plastic combo on the OE mags likes to separate after heavy use, eventually exposing the steel liner. Once the liner is exposed, the OE magazine's feed lips are a lot more susceptible to damage during a hard drop. Of course it's rare, but I've seen it happen.

I will pretty much use these magazines exclusively for my G17 so hopefully they work out well. If not I have OE mags to use as well and Magpul will take care of any issues.

For shits and giggles, once we get some triple digit weather here I'll leave a magazine out on the rear patio loaded and see how it handles the heat.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:56:21 PM EDT
[#14]
How is the weight of the Magpuls compared to OEM?
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 9:48:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I'd have to weigh them but they "feel" lighter.

Ran 250 rounds through my 5 magazines. 1 magazine would not lock the slide back on empty, but would hand cycling it. The other 4 worked without any issues.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 7:07:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 8:16:19 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm ready for the 33 rounders for the ar
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 6:01:25 AM EDT
[#18]
AIM has them for like $15 shipped
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 8:27:35 AM EDT
[#19]
No witness holes, no care.
I do like the easy off baseplates, but I will just wait for the Gen 2.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 9:28:25 AM EDT
[#20]
I found some Korean made mags for G17 and G19 at a local gun store that allegedly were made for the South Korean military.  Their construction appeared EXACTLY like Glock factory mags, and they said they'd sold over a hundred of them without a single complaint and with lots of positive feedback.  They are 15 bucks each.  They came in a paper package with no brand name, but marked for the appropriate gun and marked "Made in Korea."  Anyone hear of these?  I was thinking of grabbing one and trying it out.  

CDNN's pricing is fantastic, btw.  Is their shipping free on small orders? If so, then I'll spend the extra 5 bucks for the peace of mind of the factory mag.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:11:14 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I found some Korean made mags for G17 and G19 at a local gun store that allegedly were made for the South Korean military.  Their construction appeared EXACTLY like Glock factory mags, and they said they'd sold over a hundred of them without a single complaint and with lots of positive feedback.  They are 15 bucks each.  They came in a paper package with no brand name, but marked for the appropriate gun and marked "Made in Korea."  Anyone hear of these?  I was thinking of grabbing one and trying it out.  

CDNN's pricing is fantastic, btw.  Is their shipping free on small orders? If so, then I'll spend the extra 5 bucks for the peace of mind of the factory mag.
View Quote
The 3 I have are garbage

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:19:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Those mags never worked.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:58:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have three of the KCI for my G17 and they work flawlessly in my Gen 2 pistol. Two of them had some flashing from the mold process that needed to be sanded off, but other than that no issues what so ever. I got them for $9 each a while back and figured it was worth a shot for beater mags.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:37:44 PM EDT
[#24]
I have two KCI mags, and three Magpul mags.  All have been fine.  The original bodies on my Magpul mags didn't want to feed very well in my 19 and 26, but the new bodies work perfect.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:07:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Since they sent me the replacement bodies hey have been flawless
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 7:43:09 AM EDT
[#26]
I have 3 i have used at the range and no issues probably aroud 150 rds so far
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:52:06 PM EDT
[#27]
I bought a 17 mag to get free shipping on an order. I ran it twice so far. Seems to work fine. BUT man does it feel like a complete POS. It's just feels so different. Light & like a toy gun mag.....
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:32:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Ive only used one. Works fine in my Gen1 17
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:58:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I bought a 17 mag to get free shipping on an order. I ran it twice so far. Seems to work fine. BUT man does it feel like a complete POS. It's just feels so different. Light & like a toy gun mag.....
View Quote

That's how a Glock feels to someone whose used to a metal gun.

I have no doubt that the Magpul mags are inferior to Glock mags, but they'll make good, cheap range beater mags for those who want something cheaper.  
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 2:26:46 PM EDT
[#30]
I bought 2 just to play with.  Not sure how many rounds I ran through them last weekend, but I noticed a couple issues.  First, they are slightly smaller in circumference than Glock mags as they are loose in my kydex mag pouches.  Not a big deal as the pouches can be tightened, but it is noticeable.  Second, one of the two mags will not activate the slide stop.  I tried that mag in 3 different guns and slide never stayed open after the last round.  There were no other functional issues with the 2 mags I've got.

I'll buy more of the Magpul mags even with these two issues.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 3:34:19 PM EDT
[#31]
felt some in person....meh i'll pass and pay the extra $9 for factory
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 6:13:31 PM EDT
[#32]
I have 12 of them and they all work great in my 19.  They all feed perfectly and lock the slide back.  My carry mags are OEM, but all of my practice mags are Magpul.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 8:33:18 PM EDT
[#33]
I keep buying them when I see them because they're so cheap.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 10:31:11 PM EDT
[#34]
I like Magpul products "a lot" but if you look close a a factory Glock Mag it's perfect & they work flawlessly for the money, that being said I will still buy a Magpul Mag just because.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 10:35:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Another 150 rounds through the Magpul magazines this week magazines without issue. I say they have a winner, just waiting on price to decrease.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top