Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2015 7:42:56 PM EDT
I been thinking about getting some night sights but never handled a pistol with night sights before, I'm thinking about the trijcon HD or ameriglo I dot which do you guys prefer? If there is a better sight I am open to suggestions thanks!
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:47:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I run Ameriglo Pro I-Dots on my 19. Great sight picture and quick acquisition. Now they just need to do a version for the 43.

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:14:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the Glock night sights.

Same finish as the slide, Meprolight tritium, $57 + shipping.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:14:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the Glock night sights.

Same finish as the slide, Meprolight tritium, $57 + shipping.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:21:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the Trijicon HD and like them. They also work well in low light indoor ranges. I have the yellow paint insert.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:24:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Ameriglo I-Dots are good as well as Dawsons, Warrens, and 10-8s.

I do not care for the Trijicon HDs--I find them too large with no practical improvement over standard size sights.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:35:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I like trijicon GL01
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:43:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I like the Trijicon HD sights on my G19.  The sight picture is better, IMO.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:43:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Trijicons
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:00:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I run Ameriglo Pro I-Dots on my 19. Great sight picture and quick acquisition. Now they just need to do a version for the 43.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5461/17914287741_3330688a33_z_d.jpg
View Quote

Agreed. They are the only sights I use. The orange outline is quick in the day; the two dot tritium sight picture is quick to pick up in low light. They really are great sights. The three dot equivalent would be the Trijicon HD sights, although, Trijicon does provide the tritium lamps for Ameriglo sights.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:11:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Trijicons
View Quote
Regular ole Trijicons are my favorite. I have Glock night sights on my duty gun and prefer the white outlines on the Trijicons.

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:23:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I like Heinie Slant Pro straight eight 2 dot sights.

It is all preference at the end of the day.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:47:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Trijicon HD"s
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:53:24 PM EDT
[#13]
The HDs are very good defensive sights.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:55:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Trijicon hd's, great sights.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:56:55 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll play devil's advocate...

If you don't have night sights installed then why even get them? I imagine you have done well so far with your fundamentals so why get night sights when there are cheaper and better sights available that do not burn out or dim over time. I personally do not understand the point of night sights because you need to be able to identify your target so when the sights would be used you would more than likely be using a light or the ambient light is good enough to see the threat.

I know some guys say they like them because they can pick them up faster in daylight shooting conditions but at night a light is generally used attached to the weapon or a handheld light is utilized to light up the threat or possible threat area.

Just my .02 cents now let the thrashing commence...
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 10:04:05 PM EDT
[#16]
I have Ameriglo Proglo's on the front and black Ameriglo Claw's on all of mine. BUT, if I could do it again I'd pick I-Dots.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 11:34:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'll play devil's advocate...

If you don't have night sights installed then why even get them? I imagine you have done well so far with your fundamentals so why get night sights when there are cheaper and better sights available that do not burn out or dim over time. I personally do not understand the point of night sights because you need to be able to identify your target so when the sights would be used you would more than likely be using a light or the ambient light is good enough to see the threat.

I know some guys say they like them because they can pick them up faster in daylight shooting conditions but at night a light is generally used attached to the weapon or a handheld light is utilized to light up the threat or possible threat area.

Just my .02 cents now let the thrashing commence...
View Quote

The truth is there are going to be dawn/twilight scenarios where there is enough light to ID a target and backstop, but your eyes (especially older eyes) can use some help picking up that front sight against shadows.

What's the worst that can happen by having them? They turn into regular black sights in 20 years?
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 11:39:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Have the trijicon HD sights on two guns and really like them. the briight ornage front sight sight  is easy to pick up on fast.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 11:54:09 PM EDT
[#19]
I have one Glock 19 with the Trijicon HD with a Yellow front sight.  A second with Ameriglo Pro yellow rear and green front.  I also Have Trijicon HD on my Springfield XDS with the orange front sight.  I like Ameriglo.  The sight rides lower on the slide and the white circle around the trijicon insert is easy to pick up fast.  Trijicons are cool, but I like the Ameriglo Pro better.  I do not know about the I-Dot even though it looks interesting.  Peace!
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 12:49:16 AM EDT
[#20]
I really just want some new sights for range fun and to get a fast sight picture with good accuracy
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 3:34:40 AM EDT
[#21]
I gravitated to 2 dot vertical night sights.  I've been using either Warren Tactical or Heinie on my Glock pistols.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 10:48:33 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I really just want some new sights for range fun and to get a fast sight picture with good accuracy
View Quote

Forget the night sights then and get a fiber optic front with black rear. Again, Dawson, Warren, and 10-8 make good versions of this setup.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 5:03:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I like Heinie Slant Pro straight eight 2 dot sights.

It is all preference at the end of the day.
View Quote

I went from 3 dot Triji to Heinies.  At first I hated them, but once I got used to them I won't go back.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 6:17:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Wilson combat sights, since they are almost the same picture as my CQB.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 6:32:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I been thinking about getting some night sights but never handled a pistol with night sights before, I'm thinking about the trijcon HD or ameriglo I dot which do you guys prefer? If there is a better sight I am open to suggestions thanks!
View Quote

Heinie slantpros or ledge in 3 dot is my preference. My 17 has slantpros, 19 has ledge. There is no difference in sight picture between the two.

I figure any decent gun shop will have a gun or 50 with night sights on them. They glow nicely in the dark making it easy to find your gun when something goes bump.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 7:07:25 PM EDT
[#26]
HDs all day, every day.  Both of my 19s have them.  I used to have standard Meprolight and Trijicon night sights, but the bright orange front on the HDs is so much faster to acquire that I can't see myself using anything else at this point.  

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 10:10:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Of all my night sights, I like the Ameriglo Pro I Dot GL-301's the best!  Have Meprolight TRU DOTS on my 17, SUPER bright!  My 21 wears XS Big Dot, awesome target acquisition!  Go with the Pro I Dots, you won't regret it!
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 11:32:17 PM EDT
[#28]
I recently put Ameriglo I-dots on my Glock 19 and they are really nice.  I was also strongly considering Trijicon HD's.  It really came down to them being similar sights and the Ameriglo's are A LOT cheaper but just as good.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 1:04:31 PM EDT
[#29]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_13/98924_Sight_picture_and_Review_for_Glock_pistols.html

ETA - I have Trijicon HD's on 3/4 of my glocks and I wouldn't buy anything else. They're fast, accurate and rugged.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top