Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:16:19 PM EDT
[#1]
How reliable are the competition trigger springs?  I was reading reviews on the Zev and there were several reports of springs breaking after just a few hundred rounds.  Not sure if it's limited to the Zev, or if heavier trigger springs are just more prone to breakage in general.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:41:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How reliable are the competition trigger springs?  I was reading reviews on the Zev and there were several reports of springs breaking after just a few hundred rounds.  Not sure if it's limited to the Zev, or if heavier trigger springs are just more prone to breakage in general.
View Quote

I have 5 of them, and I haven't had one break.  All but one have more than "a few hundred" rounds through them.  I don't shoot my G20 as much as I probably should.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 2:51:46 PM EDT
[#3]
DK trigger vs OEM I did a bit ago. Haven't shot the gun with the trigger, but it feels absolutely amazing.

Can't get it to embed correctly for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXIP2rmi7Bg
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 3:04:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:  DK trigger vs OEM I did a bit ago. Haven't shot the gun with the trigger, but it feels absolutely amazing.

View Quote

Have to be a Team Member to embed video, and you have to drop the s out of the https:

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 3:58:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Have to be a Team Member to embed video, and you have to drop the s out of the https:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXIP2rmi7Bg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  DK trigger vs OEM I did a bit ago. Haven't shot the gun with the trigger, but it feels absolutely amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXIP2rmi7Bg

Ah, guess that's why.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:35:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone tried keeping the stock 'dot' 4th Gen connector and just changing the trigger spring ( 6lb vs. stock 5lb )  + a polish job.

I just did this to my G26 along with changing to a smooth trigger and IMO it's a decent trigger for a carry gun. Crisp enough, strong reset, etc.  I'm going to shoot it a while this way. My thoughts are I'll probably leave it alone other than these mods.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 10:56:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

ZEV "starter kit" connector and spring package.  Don't install the striker spring.  Under $30.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What should I get for a carry/self defense Glock on a budget? I'm willing to spend a little cash but don't want to break the bank. I am going to start looking at everything on the list in the OP but want a little more guidance. I'd be ok with a drop in trigger assembly or changing out parts/springs.

ZEV "starter kit" connector and spring package.  Don't install the striker spring.  Under $30.
I am going to give that a shot in my Glock.  Like you said its under $30 and I can take a chance on that.

Link Posted: 6/4/2015 8:27:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Anyone tried keeping the stock 'dot' 4th Gen connector and just changing the trigger spring ( 6lb vs. stock 5lb )  + a polish job.

I just did this to my G26 along with changing to a smooth trigger and IMO it's a decent trigger for a carry gun. Crisp enough, strong reset, etc.  I'm going to shoot it a while this way. My thoughts are I'll probably leave it alone other than these mods.
View Quote

Most would be surprised at how much nicer just a quality polish job alone will make on these guns.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 9:21:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Most would be surprised at how much nicer just a quality polish job alone will make on these guns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

QTF

I have a Gen 3 G23 that has many thousands of rounds down the pipe. 100% stock trigger. The parts have worn in to a point where the trigger is just fine. They're self polishing over time. Doing it up front just speeds the process.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 11:16:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What should I get for a carry/self defense Glock on a budget? I'm willing to spend a little cash but don't want to break the bank. I am going to start looking at everything on the list in the OP but want a little more guidance. I'd be ok with a drop in trigger assembly or changing out parts/springs.

I only installed the connector and found that to be perfect. My block already had a couple thousand rounds through it already so it was already broke in.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 9:14:01 PM EDT
[#11]

I have used the Ghost rocket and the newer Evo Elite, both with the adjustable tab to reduce over-travel. The Evo Elite is better than the rocket version and has a more fluid pull to it than the rocket. The rocket is essentially a 3.5 pound connector with a over-travel tab. The one thing I have learned about the Ghost connectors that allow for adjustable over-travel is; allow for a very slight amount of over-travel. I mean just a very slight amount and this helps with the mushy feeling some people comment about. The Evo does not feel mushy at all. I do like the Ghost connectors.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 10:50:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I only installed the connector and found that to be perfect. My block already had a couple thousand rounds through it already so it was already broke in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just ordered that kit for my Gen 4 Glock 19.  I will post about here after I try it.

Link Posted: 6/6/2015 11:23:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Great thread. Ive done the trigger polishing in the past and experimented with different connectors. Hated the Glock  "-" connector. felt mushy.

Bought a couple of Lone Wolf connectors and those are better but one of the two I bought had trigger reset issues and is going back to Brownells.

Just got a Ghost "Complete Spring Kit" with a reduced power depressor spring 4# striker spring and 6# trigger spring. installed it in my oldest Glock 17 that already had the LW connector installed. I dont notice any improvement with the spring kit over the OEM springs.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 2:26:39 AM EDT
[#14]
I just compared the stock triggers on my G30s to my G19 4G and I love the trigger on the G30s.  The reset and break is really crisp compared to the mush on my G19.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 10:12:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Great thread. Ive done the trigger polishing in the past and experimented with different connectors. Hated the Glock  "-" connector. felt mushy.

Bought a couple of Lone Wolf connectors and those are better but one of the two I bought had trigger reset issues and is going back to Brownells.

Just got a Ghost "Complete Spring Kit" with a reduced power depressor spring 4# striker spring and 6# trigger spring. installed it in my oldest Glock 17 that already had the LW connector installed. I dont notice any improvement with the spring kit over the OEM springs.
View Quote

The last couple I got had this also. The bend is wrong. I tweaked one enough to make it work but I won't be buying anymore of them.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 11:18:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The last couple I got had this also. The bend is wrong. I tweaked one enough to make it work but I won't be buying anymore of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like I've said over and over - LW connectors suck IMO. 90% of the time I hear people talk about a mushy connector or it just having problems all together - it's from Lone Wolf.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 10:53:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Like I've said over and over - LW connectors suck IMO. 90% of the time I hear people talk about a mushy connector or it just having problems all together - it's from Lone Wolf.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

50% failure rate IME. But the one that works is less mushy than the Glock minus connectors I have.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 4:57:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Just dropped in the NY1 trigger spring into my G19 and I really like it.  Very positive feel to it and the reset is almost automatic.  Still waiting on the minus connector.  Think I'll order another NY1 for my G30S.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 7:29:26 PM EDT
[#19]
It would be nice to also include any negatives for these upgraded parts / mods you listed in the first posy. Maybe you did later but I didn't read every post.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 8:54:03 PM EDT
[#20]
In 25 years of owning GLOCKS the absolute best trigger I have seen is the Taran Tactical Innovations Connector and Spring Kit along with a polish job on the trigger bar and safety plunger. It is a nice crisp 3 pounds with a very positive reset that has the audible CLICK that GLOCKS are known for on reset. The kit is 45.00 plus shipping probably under 50.00 I bought mine along with some other goodies and paid S/H on the whole order. The next closest is a standard ghost with a good polish job and spring kit. If you already have a spring kit the Taran Tactical Connector is 25.00 by itself.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 11:30:19 PM EDT
[#21]
I received my Zev Spring starter kit yesterday and I do like it.  But before I really get into that I used to have a Lone Wolf 3.5 pound connector and it did make the trigger lighter but mushy.  

I installed the trigger connector and trigger spring.  The new trigger pull is lighter than the stock trigger, the reset is louder.  The trigger is not mushy like it was with the 3.5 pound connector.  I hadn't considered putting in the reduced power safety plunger but now I am.  I guess I am just looking for that sweet spot which isn't there yet.  

Long story short I like the Zev kit so far but I want more!
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 8:11:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I received my Zev Spring starter kit yesterday and I do like it.  But before I really get into that I used to have a Lone Wolf 3.5 pound connector and it did make the trigger lighter but mushy.  

I installed the trigger connector and trigger spring.  The new trigger pull is lighter than the stock trigger, the reset is louder.  The trigger is not mushy like it was with the 3.5 pound connector.  I hadn't considered putting in the reduced power safety plunger but now I am.  I guess I am just looking for that sweet spot which isn't there yet.  

Long story short I like the Zev kit so far but I want more!
View Quote

Try going down to a 5lb Wolff striker spring for more. That would take about 6 ounces or so off the pull weight and it's not light enough to give light primer strikes with the factory striker.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 11:25:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Bump this back to page 1 where it belongs, ordered double diamond connector and zev competition spring thanks to this thread. Good looking out
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 7:47:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Bump this back to page 1 where it belongs, ordered double diamond connector and zev competition spring thanks to this thread. Good looking out
View Quote

Still not sure why it hasn't been tacked yet. Worth it for the amount of new threads it would save for the same things over and over and over again.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 7:47:21 PM EDT
[#25]
I bought a couple of the Double Diamond connectors last week, they were on sale. Installed them on my Gen4 19 along with a 6# trigger return spring. I only have experience with the factory connector and a facotry (-) connector, but compatred to those, these DD's were horrible. They felt really gritty and heavier than stock. I tried both of them. I installed a (-) connector I had, and it was 100% better All I am looking for in my trigger is a slightly lighter and crisper break and the (-) connecotr and the 6# spring seem to be the ticket for me. YMMV.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top