Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2015 9:49:44 PM EDT
Also want to put on on my G21SF, will a 45 ACP Can work just as well on a 9mm?
The plan is to get lonewolf threaded barrels, curious if there are any mounting issues
and
if I can use a 45ACP can on a 9mm

I also have an MP5 clone and would like to have one can for all three

any suggestions are appreciated
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:00:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Octane 45HD. Actually, suppressing .45 is not very rewarding. I'd just stick with the Octane 9HD and drop the plans to suppress the .45.

If you must do the 45 can get the new 9mm end caps.

I've had good luck with LW bbls.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:44:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Octane 45HD. Actually, suppressing .45 is not very rewarding. I'd just stick with the Octane 9HD and drop the plans to suppress the .45.

If you must do the 45 can get the new 9mm end caps.

I've had good luck with LW bbls.
View Quote

Why? Killing 2 birds with 1 stone, even if he doesn't shoot the .45 suppressed as often as the 9, makes considerably more sense than needing another can.

Get a .45 can OP. Gives you a lot more leeway.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:00:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I second getting a .45 can and multiple pistons. You don't loose anything over a 9mm can and gain flexibility.

I personally prefer Storm Lake barrels. Last LW barrel I had created weird ejection patterns.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:33:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I went to a Silenerco demo shoot on Friday with the intention to look for a can for my G19 and Sig TacOps and concluded I don't want a can for a 9mm.  Unless you are shooting the overly expensive subsonic ammo, I found the 9mm can to be useless.  On the .45 I tried, this is another story.  I will get one for my G21 and 30.

This is my opinion, I am by no means a can expert, but what I observed on Friday.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 5:09:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Octane 45 for my G19.  Works great, less blow back than a 9mm can.  I also reload so subsonic ammo is a non issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top