Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2015 3:52:29 PM EDT
I know the conversion kit is offered for the G21 and G30. But does anyone know if it is compatible with the G30s? I would rather convert the Glock vs my Springfield Armory 1911A1 Range Officer. It's not something I would leave installed all the time. But something I would like to own as an option for woods gun and just general shenanigans.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 4:04:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of this cartridge but I googled it and it looks awesome
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 10:23:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Probably not a good idea with the 30S.  It's thin slide is bad for the high end stuff as slide velocity, even with the fatter 21 and 30 slides gets so fast that you have to comp it.  The 30S is almost 4oz lighter than a 30, which isn't nearly as good fro the Super/Rowland as the 21 is.  Plus 30 barrels won't fit a 30S, they are somewhat different.  The fat slided 30 is a better platform for doing this.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 7:54:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I contacted them directly. Their e-mail response, "We love the Range Officer and it would make a great 1911 platform if you should change your mind.
Our Conversion will work with the G30 SF (short frame) as the lower is not critical. But it will not work with the G30S (slim-frame) as the barrel will not fit.
I hope that helps. Please let us know if we can assist you further in outfitting yourself with The Mighty Rowland 460!

Best,

Your Friends at .460 Rowland!"

I may yet just convert my Range Officer since that's the more affordable option. I would obviously still have the factory barrel and bushing so if I wanted to go and show off accuracy I could just toss those back in. Since the things a tack driver. *shrug* but for all I know the Rowland setup might be as good in that department as well. Seriously though .41mag power in a semi is no joke. There's your woods gun!
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:03:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I contacted them directly. Their e-mail response, "We love the Range Officer and it would make a great 1911 platform if you should change your mind.
Our Conversion will work with the G30 SF (short frame) as the lower is not critical. But it will not work with the G30S (slim-frame) as the barrel will not fit.
I hope that helps. Please let us know if we can assist you further in outfitting yourself with The Mighty Rowland 460!

Best,

Your Friends at .460 Rowland!"

I may yet just convert my Range Officer since that's the more affordable option. I would obviously still have the factory barrel and bushing so if I wanted to go and show off accuracy I could just toss those back in. Since the things a tack driver. *shrug* but for all I know the Rowland setup might be as good in that department as well. Seriously though .41mag power in a semi is no joke. There's your woods gun!
View Quote

They totally botched the definition of SF and S.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top