Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By motorcopm4:

Who did your slide work?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheTacticalCoyote:
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/G8irf8" target="_blank">https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1641/26336888015_49636ec138_b.jpg</a>Rolando Especial by Two Sierra, on Flickr

Who did your slide work?

ATEi did the work.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 10:15:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Olympic_Cerakote:

Actually since AIIan wanted it for his Scorpion EVO he's good to go. The pistol grip portion alone comes off from the rest unlike a Glock.

However if you send your whole Scorpion that's another story.

As for shipping a Glock frame, you can send it to a Gunsmith and have it returned right back to your door. You cannot ship it to a friend. (Except for certain circumstances like if your state allows f2f sales with no paperwork. Then you can mail it within state to the new owner.)

We do a good amount of Glock work and some stippling and receive from customers all the time.

Annnnd, to keep on topic. Here's a few 17 to 19 conversions we've done along with groove removal, undercut, etc...

http://www.mywrx.net/modded.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RWM:
Originally Posted By aIIan:
What I meant was that does not require FFL to FFL shipping.

I don't think you will get anyone to do that, as the frame is the legal part of the firearm.
Local or driving distance ftf hand over is your only option that I am aware of.
Edit to add:
Usually cheaper to get ffl to ship for you as they do not have to do the overnight/air freight thing.

Actually since AIIan wanted it for his Scorpion EVO he's good to go. The pistol grip portion alone comes off from the rest unlike a Glock.

However if you send your whole Scorpion that's another story.

As for shipping a Glock frame, you can send it to a Gunsmith and have it returned right back to your door. You cannot ship it to a friend. (Except for certain circumstances like if your state allows f2f sales with no paperwork. Then you can mail it within state to the new owner.)

We do a good amount of Glock work and some stippling and receive from customers all the time.

Annnnd, to keep on topic. Here's a few 17 to 19 conversions we've done along with groove removal, undercut, etc...

http://www.mywrx.net/modded.jpg

That work looks a little rough.
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 11:56:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 5:39:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Gen 3 Glock 19, Slide work done by Dynamic Weapon Solutions out of California, Cerakote done by Sorcery customs out of Miami, Stippling by CWGunwerks out of Miami as well, Overwatch precision trigger and Blacklist industries match Barrel in TiN coating.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 7:11:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By dade_shooter:
http://i.imgur.com/mrkaU5M.jpg?1

Gen 3 Glock 19, Slide work done by Dynamic Weapon Solutions out of California, Cerakote done by Sorcery customs out of Miami, Stippling by CWGunwerks out of Miami as well, Overwatch precision trigger and Blacklist industries match Barrel in TiN coating.
View Quote

Very sweet, love the framework
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 10:25:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3xpert] [#6]
First attempt at Stippling, learned some do's and don'ts if I try this again.
May not be the best looking job but it did increase my ability to grip this G21 1000%
Also undercut the trigger guard some.

Link Posted: 12/4/2016 5:52:47 AM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

What's that camo called?
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 8:01:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Doesn't even come close to a lot of the work in this thread, but it's functional and I like it.

Link Posted: 12/5/2016 8:34:04 PM EDT
[#9]

It's incomplete. Those were JUST cut. There's been no follow up stippling after groove removal or magwell clean up.
View Quote

10-4
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:36:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Practicing on back straps till I'm 109% comfortable doing my frame on my new 19.4 BFG.
Progress so far. They go in order of first to last.

As you can see I was way to deep on the first one and was burning the polymer. Slowly worked at it and keeping constant pressure the entire time.
Went to a different design on the last two. Working on keeping clean borders as well.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:46:49 PM EDT
[#11]
The last pattern looks pretty neat actually!

Try using a few layers of masking tape to set your border.  May help keep it really clean!
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 3:51:17 AM EDT
[#12]
One I finished up tonightAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 3:54:03 AM EDT
[#13]
G19 with recessed bordersAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 2:33:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Chincy:
Practicing on back straps till I'm 109% comfortable doing my frame on my new 19.4 BFG.
Progress so far. They go in order of first to last.
As you can see I was way to deep on the first one and was burning the polymer. Slowly worked at it and keeping constant pressure the entire time.
Went to a different design on the last two. Working on keeping clean borders as well.
View Quote

Last pattern look really good.
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 2:33:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ARJJ:
G19 with recessed bordershttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/106828/IMG-3743-102455.JPG
View Quote

That looks really good.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 8:14:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By jBoy723:

That looks really good.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jBoy723:
G19 with recessed bordershttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/106828/IMG-3743-102455.JPG

That looks really good.

Thank you! Was only my second time to do a recessed border.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 11:52:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 12:27:45 AM EDT
[#18]

Originally Posted by ARJJ:
Attachment Attached File
View Quote

ARJJ, Where did you get that Grip Plug for you G19?

Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:40:56 AM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 12/12/2016 4:18:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:42:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By 1NAVYCHIEF-RET:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 1NAVYCHIEF-RET:

It came with it when I bought it used. It has the little disassembly punch inside.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 9:07:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By gotuonpaper:

That looks damn good.
View Quote

Thank you, sir!
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 11:43:45 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Don't know how you do it but looks like you got it right
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 3:44:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ARJJ] [#24]

View All Quotes

Thank you. It took a lot of time!

Link Posted: 12/13/2016 9:40:08 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

What magwell, that works with TTI basebpads like that?
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:20:59 PM EDT
[#26]
My first attempt at Glock frame stippling. I wanted something good for EDC, supper grippy front and back strap, medium texture on the sides. I went with an “organic” design because it’s different, and I really suck at laying straight lines of tiny dots.  I call it Toads Hide. I had to make a specific raised soldering iron head for the base stippling, then a few assorted tips for the larger wart sections. Not for everyone I’m sure, but the pistol is never gonna slip out of my hand.

GLOCK 17 GEN 3- Slide release relief cuts- gloved finger reduction- mag release relief- finger groove removal- black strap & grip reduction- thumb rest removal and thumb recess fill- double trigger reduction with angle cut- mag base grip cuts.

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:02:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By BrickWurX:
My first attempt at Glock frame stippling. I wanted something good for EDC, supper grippy front and back strap, medium texture on the sides. I went with an “organic” design because it’s different, and I really suck at laying straight lines of tiny dots.  I call it Toads Hide. I had to make a specific raised soldering iron head for the base stippling, then a few assorted tips for the larger wart sections. Not for everyone I’m sure, but the pistol is never gonna slip out of my hand.

GLOCK 17 GEN 3- Slide release relief cuts- gloved finger reduction- mag release relief- finger groove removal- black strap & grip reduction- thumb rest removal and thumb recess fill- double trigger reduction with angle cut- mag base grip cuts.

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt9/brickwurx/IMG_1695_zps8wubfxk3.jpg
http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt9/brickwurx/IMG_1693_zpsc8t1dnql.jpg
http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt9/brickwurx/IMG_1691_zpsb8knqo7p.jpg
http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt9/brickwurx/IMG_1690_zpsna65zk07.jpg
View Quote

Honestly, it's a little rough in some areas but I actually dig the pattern.  Before I read your post I was thinking like "surface of the moon" texture or something, but I applaud your ingenuity.

I have to ask though....do you actually carry it with that silly clip draw and nothing covering the trigger guard?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:33:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BrickWurX] [#28]
Originally Posted By sevin8nin:

Honestly, it's a little rough in some areas but I actually dig the pattern.  Before I read your post I was thinking like "surface of the moon" texture or something, but I applaud your ingenuity.

I have to ask though....do you actually carry it with that silly clip draw and nothing covering the trigger guard?
View Quote

All of my education thus far is from Youtube vids on stippling, and what I could find here. Videos are not super detailed, nor do they explain recessed cutting or smoothing out the finish other than saying " I used a dremel". I practiced on a Trijicon plastic case and a cheap AR grip before this job, the Glock polymer is much tougher in comparison. I hope to improve with some practice. Pictures definitely show every flaw, especially my edge work, which I hope to correct once I learn how. The moon surface reference does seam better than toad hide, it does look more like a crater effect. So far I am much more satisfied with the "crater" texture than stippling I have paid for, but that could be due to saving cash, and me wanting it to work. Time will tell.

As for the cut down Clipdraw and Siderlock combo, yes there are times when I carry that way. Mainly If I use the weapon as a behind the back secondary. It is holstered if carried primary on the side, appendix, or with a chest rig. The modified clip does not get in the way of any holsters I use, so it stays on full time for adaptability. I know there are many folks that hate both the Clipdraw and the Siderlock, and I am sure in their opinion, it is for good reasons. For me, used together they are a great alternative in certain concealment situations.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:16:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By BrickWurX:

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt9/brickwurx/IMG_1695_zps8wubfxk3.jpg
http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt9/brickwurx/IMG_1693_zpsc8t1dnql.jpg
http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt9/brickwurx/IMG_1691_zpsb8knqo7p.jpg
http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt9/brickwurx/IMG_1690_zpsna65zk07.jpg
View Quote

Forget grippy texture, you've gone to suction cups.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 12:24:53 PM EDT
[#30]
This is a restipple job. 100% improvment from how it looked before. Local guy did the work. Will use him again for sureAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 12:24:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Always suffered from a wee bit of Glock Knuckle on my other Glocks, but the narrower width of my Glock 43 has the right side of the trigger guard really biting me right on the knuckle. 

Id like to get a trigger guard undercut but no way I have the confidence to do that myself. Anyone know of someone in the Charlotte, NC area that does this kind of work?
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 1:17:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Stoop:
Always suffered from a wee bit of Glock Knuckle on my other Glocks, but the narrower width of my Glock 43 has the right side of the trigger guard really biting me right on the knuckle. 

Id like to get a trigger guard undercut but no way I have the confidence to do that myself. Anyone know of someone in the Charlotte, NC area that does this kind of work?
View Quote

Dude,
I'm scared to death to stiple my guns because it takes some level of artistic skill/talent.

The undercut mod is ridiculous easy though!  Just go slow and barely kiss the frame with the sanding bit on your dremmel/rotary tool. The plastic doesn't come off all that fast as long as you keep a light touch, so you're in control of the process.

FYI, I was able to pick up a stripped Glock frame for about 80 bucks on gunbroker.  It was waaaaaay less scarier hacking on that frame as my first victim. Now I have the confidence to work on any of my polymer pistols.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 1:08:05 AM EDT
[#33]
So how does stippling and cerakote work?  Do you stipple first?  Does it stay rough?
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 1:37:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Mopseydocks6014:
So how does stippling and cerakote work?  Do you stipple first?  Does it stay rough?
View Quote

You can do it either way. Most of the pros stipple after coating. It produces a nice two tone look and there's no worries about the cerakote wearing down and looking like crap.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 2:19:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: franky001] [#35]
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 7:59:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Borders definitely sucked this time around. Wasn't planning on working on the frame but since the dremel was out....

Link Posted: 1/20/2017 11:24:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Laying on the couch doing a double undercut on a buddies gun
lol can I get any lazier
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 11:12:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Is it just me or does it seem like the gen 3s take the stippling a little easier?
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 12:40:27 PM EDT
[#39]

Just back from Danger Close Armament.  Double undercut, beavertail, stippled, relief cuts
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 1:44:00 PM EDT
[#40]
^^^^WOW. I really like that texturing. What did they charge for that?
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:21:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Man, I wish I new how they did that recessed edging. That's sharp work!
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 4:43:19 PM EDT
[#42]
I finally cut my G17 down to a G19L for concealed carry. I still can't get a super clean edge like some of the others folks stippling Glocks, but I'm gonna figure it out eventually. I've got fat hands and after cutting the frame my pinky would wedge between the grip and G19 mag plate. Drove me nuts! I was really regretting cutting down the grip. I fix it by replacing the magazine plate with a modified Pearce +0 grip extension and melted polymer to make sort of a integrated lip. No more finger wedgy! I also made a .040" titanium RMR plate and belt clip to get rid of the Clipdraw I was using.

Link Posted: 1/21/2017 8:10:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Learning how to do borders.

Link Posted: 1/21/2017 8:25:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By DAVE_M:
Learning how to do borders.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/434/32224841412_dc21efefa2_c.jpg
View Quote

Looks good. How'd you do it? I'm getting ready to do another Glock soon.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 10:29:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Electric engraver?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:28:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By ozgood03:

Looks good. How'd you do it? I'm getting ready to do another Glock soon.
View Quote

Diamond Burrs in a Dremel. Started with using a small bit to cut the border and worked my way up. Finished with a 600 grit burr to slightly polish the border.

I need a lot more practice, but I'm pleased with the end result.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:48:15 AM EDT
[#47]
SSVI has a series of videos on YouTube and Facebook showing how he does it.  They're worth a watch.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 9:49:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Gen 2 undercut

Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:31:18 PM EDT
[#49]
DAVE_M   & JoshAston
Thanks for sharing the info, this is exactly what I have been looking for in order to try and fix my craptastic boarder work!
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:31:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top