User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/3/2015 5:05:15 AM EDT
Just saw this on fb:

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 9:23:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Is this concept still as popular as it was a year ago? Glock always seems to be about a year or five too late when they release something new.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 9:27:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Leave it to Glock to give us what we don't want....
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 9:38:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is this concept still as popular as it was a year ago? Glock always seems to be about a year or five too late when they release something new.
View Quote

A lot of people want a long slide 10mm.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 9:41:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Came to post this.

Just talking to my buddy the other day; his duty gun is a g20, he wants a longslide and stick mags.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 9:44:02 AM EDT
[#5]
No BUIS on the MOS models, and you can't get the 17 or 19 sizes in the MOS flavor?

I'll pass.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 9:48:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really meant the RMR cut out. It seems a year or so ago a lot of people were paying $100's to have their slides milled, other companies, like M&P seem to be more current. They spit out their factory milled slides within a few months of the fad being in full force. Now a year later Glock releases their version.

I'm sure they will sell, it just seems like they might have sold more if they were to keep current with what people want when it's popular.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 10:01:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No BUIS on the MOS models, and you can't get the 17 or 19 sizes in the MOS flavor?

I'll pass.
View Quote

BUIS? Did you not look at the picture in the OP that clearly shows front and rear iron sights on the gun?
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 10:04:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I really meant the RMR cut out. It seems a year or so ago a lot of people were paying $100's to have their slides milled, other companies, like M&P seem to be more current. They spit out their factory milled slides within a few months of the fad being in full force. Now a year later Glock releases their version.

I'm sure they will sell, it just seems like they might have sold more if they were to keep current with what people want when it's popular.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

M&P might be more responsive to certain market trends, but it's still a glorified Sigma.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 10:04:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm sort of interested in the 40.  

I just wish they would give us a single stack 9mm
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 10:05:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

BUIS? Did you not look at the picture in the OP that clearly shows front and rear iron sights on the gun?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll pass.

Yes, I looked at the picture, which is why I'm bitching.

You market a gun meant for an RMR or Deltapoint,  then leave standard height sights on it?!? Awesome. Now the customer has to get sights installed to see over the optic and co-witness.....and additional $60-$100 to get and install those higher sights.

The M&P CORE and FNX Tactical go it right - they all have tall sights to co-witness with the RMR.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 10:10:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You market a gun meant for an RMR or Deltapoint,  then leave standard height sights on it?!? Awesome. Now the customer has to get sights installed to see over the optic and co-witness.....and additional $60-$100 to get and install those higher sights.

The M&P CORE and FNX Tactical go it right - they all have tall sights to co-witness with the RMR.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll pass.

Ah ok, I see now. Keep in mind that the gun in the picture is a preproduction model and that Glock currently offers models with suppressor sights.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 10:13:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Guess I'm finally buying a Shield.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 10:15:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Ah ok, I see now. Keep in mind that the gun in the picture is a preproduction model and that Glock currently offers models with suppressor sights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll pass.

Hopefully the production models have the suppressor sights. It's super hard to pick up the dot without them.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 10:22:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Once again no single stack 9mm....................not interested in anything new they are offering!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 10:23:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Bummer, would've preferred a 17 or 19.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 10:38:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Bummer, would've preferred a 17 or 19.
View Quote

Yep or there would be a market for OEM milled slides with OEM back up sights.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 11:06:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Glad I bought my Sig P938 for a small single stack 9mm. Tired of waiting on Glock and getting things we don't want.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 12:51:39 PM EDT
[#18]
I've always wanted a long slide 10mm...  But this just doesn't cut it.  I have target sights on my G20 that are much longer than the stock OEM sights.  Aftermarket target sights will hang over into the milled area rendering it useless.  And from the look of the picture, the dovetail will be set way to far back for longer aftermarket sights.

And I agree that they are late yet again.  On both the single stack 9 and optic ready slides.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 12:58:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Maybe now I can pick up a regular Used G34 on the cheap ...
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 1:09:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Long slide yes, optic no.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 5:35:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I've always wanted a long slide 10mm...  But this just doesn't cut it.  I have target sights on my G20 that are much longer than the stock OEM sights.  Aftermarket target sights will hang over into the milled area rendering it useless.  And from the look of the picture, the dovetail will be set way to far back for longer aftermarket sights.

And I agree that they are late yet again.  On both the single stack 9 and optic ready slides.
View Quote

You use suppressor style sights on all optic equipped Glocks.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 6:25:10 PM EDT
[#22]
What a fucking joke.

No 17, 19 or 21 RMR models.  No single stack 9mm.  

They won't be getting any of my money.

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 6:55:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
What a fucking joke.

No 17, 19 or 21 RMR models.  No single stack 9mm.  

They won't be getting any of my money.

View Quote

Do you really think 17/19/21 with M.O.S. won't be released at some point?
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 7:05:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Sounds like they are kicking the single stack 9mm can down the road another year or two.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 7:11:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Sounds like they are kicking the single stack 9mm can down the road another year or two.
View Quote

I'll reserve judgment until they make the official announcements at SHOT.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 7:12:20 PM EDT
[#26]
This is what will finally get me to take the leap to a rmr'ed handgun.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 9:02:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll pass.

You're going to replace the stock sights anyway.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 9:24:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Looks like a Shield for me too!  Thanks Glock!
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 9:40:21 PM EDT
[#29]
I'll be picking up the 10mm MOS.
Don't care about a single stack 9.
Only bummer is I picked up a blue label 41 three or four months ago. Would have bought an optic ready version if it had been available. That impeccable timing of mine and all.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 10:19:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 10:38:30 PM EDT
[#32]
The Glock 40 is just what I need for when I'm in the back country here in Idaho.  .357 Magnum velocities, good sight radius, high capacity magazines.  What's not to like?  I'll be in line for this one.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 11:38:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Wait, all the Glock 40's will have that MOS cut?

Hope they plan to offer a Glock 40 with a normal slide.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 11:39:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Looks like I'll be getting a no safety shield after shot.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 11:41:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 11:55:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

?

This is exactly what I want.

This will replace my heavy 6" GP 100 for hunting
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 12:19:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
This is what will finally get me to take the leap to a rmr'ed handgun.
View Quote

Ditto.

I see a G40 with an RMR in my future...
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 12:46:59 AM EDT
[#38]
I see a G34 MOS in my future
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 12:58:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Who is this "we"?  I want an optics ready Glock.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 1:00:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm sure there will be a blank plate that fills the gap.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 1:00:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Count me in as part of the "we".
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 1:55:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd buy this in a heart beat!
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 4:20:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

+1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Something wrong with the G26s out there?
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 4:22:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Here's an idea. Lose the fucking bubble on the bottom of the grip. Nobody's hand is shaped like that.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 5:29:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Here's an idea. Lose the fucking bubble on the bottom of the grip. Nobody's hand is shaped like that.
View Quote

And yet Glock sells more handguns per year than the next half dozen competitors combined.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 5:44:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Guess I'm finally buying a Shield.
View Quote

Cool, more Glocks for me :-)
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 7:36:56 AM EDT
[#47]
this isn't GD

I'm a 30"waist 5'8".  With a proper pocket holster and wrangler relaxed boot cut jeans, I have a smooth draw that looks like a cell phone in my front pocket.

I wish Glock came out with this 40 model last year, I custom made one last year, 10mm longslide with RDS.  They must have realized the can get a bigger piece of the hunter market.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 10:18:24 AM EDT
[#48]
I will have a G40 MOS.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 10:44:02 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

And yet Glock sells more handguns per year than the next half dozen competitors combined.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I could have sworn that ATF statistics still showed that Taurus and Ruger trump glock there....

I wish they would offer the SF treatment on the smaller caliber frames.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 12:42:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

They make all the other modles with out the mos so they should make the 40 as well or at least I hope so too, a long slide 10mm would be great.  I've always wanted one but I didn't want to buy a stock gun then have to buy after market slide.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top