Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2014 10:54:20 AM EDT
Since they are just slides and no frames, barrels, etc. then can you just ship it priority mail?  Or do you need to second day it via fedex or ups?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:13:00 AM EDT
[#1]
You can ship it however you like, it's not a "firearm".
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:17:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I would try and find a local armor first. Only takes a few minutes.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:18:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

I was real close to buying one of the police surplus from AIM and was already thinking of sending the slide to Glock for night sights.

I would have bubble wrapped the slide, stuck it in the smallest flat rate Priority rate box and sent it on it's merry way.

Use plenty of clear packaging tape. It's the cheapest form of insurance you can buy.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:22:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This.

I was real close to buying one of the police surplus from AIM and was already thinking of sending the slide to Glock for night sights.

I would have bubble wrapped the slide, stuck it in the smallest flat rate Priority rate box and sent it on it's merry way.

Use plenty of clear packaging tape. It's the cheapest form of insurance you can buy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

The main thing is to pack it tight so it can't shift.  
Or just buy a sight tool and the itty bitty nut driver, and recognize that your friends will be asking you to change their sights for you...
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:24:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Check with your local gun shop to see if they will change them out.  I bought the tools as we have several Glocks and being an RSO at our local indoor range, I help others with their Glocks.
I have sent several different 'parts' (not complete guns) in the smallest flat rate boxes and have not had any issues.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:48:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:55:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Or just buy a sight tool and the itty bitty nut driver, and recognize that your friends will be asking you to change their sights for you...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

None of my friends have Glocks.

In fact very few of my friends shoot as much as I do. So buying a sight tool for one use on one pistol is just not practical. Even for me. And I do most of my own 'smithing.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 2:22:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Exactly what I did with a G23 slide, and got it back inside a week from Glock.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 3:36:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Flat rate priority mail box.

Ill use my local gun store when they will install night sights, rebuild the slide and return it to my door for $57 like Glock.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:03:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Ill use my local gun store when they will install night sights, rebuild the slide and return it to my door for $57 like Glock.
View Quote
Yep, LGS will probably charge you more than $57 just for the sights themselves.

I have sent three slides to Glock to have night sights installed. You couldn't ask for a more painless process. You don't need to contact them at or anything. Just download and fill out the PDF form, and drop it in the mail with your slide. 10 days later you will have your slide back with new Glock night sights installed for $57.

I have used USPS priority mail each time, no issues.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:40:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I have sent three slides to Glock to have night sights installed. You couldn't ask for a more painless process. You don't need to contact them at or anything. Just download and fill out the PDF form, and drop it in the mail with your slide. 10 days later you will have your slide back with new Glock night sights installed for $57.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I send the stripped slide. Glock hates a stripped slide apparently because they always come back assembled. Im good on firing pins and extractors forever now.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:56:55 PM EDT
[#12]
I sent two in at the same time. I wrapped each in bubble wrap and then some newspaper. Found a box that wasn't going to allow much excess space. Then filled the box with crumpled paper.   Shipped via UPS.

Because of the value declared I had to tell them what I was shipping. I tried telling them machined parts but then she wanted specifics. I eventually just said glock slides and she went on with the processing. I think it may have been a week and I had them back.  

Sending slides into Glock for nights sights really is a pretty good deal.

Also. As mentioned above send in the slide stripped. It will come back with extra parts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top