Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2014 6:38:19 AM EDT
Hi Folks:
I picked-up a NIB Glock 42 yesterday at my LD. I've noticed that while dry firing and racking the slide to the rear, the trigger will occasionally not reset. I decided to put a drop of oil on the suggested contact points, and reassemble. So far it hasn't happened again. Any ideas about this?
Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 8:10:08 AM EDT
[#1]
the trigger bar on mine was in very close proximity to the frame also... a little silicone grease ... I did this on initial breakdown, never a problem actually shooting it or working the action
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 8:49:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Cop Out give Hoffmans a call they had the issue with their range G42 see if anyone can tell you what they found.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 10:17:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I just bought a G42 black Friday...mine is perfect(so far)....that said..a lot of G42 pistols seem to have issues. Can go to 'Glock Talk' and see pics of a G42 barrel that has the most horrible barrel-crown I've seen ever!
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 10:41:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I have not seen this issue on my two 42's or any guns at the range. If your initial dry fire session and a little lube took care of it I would just attribute it to break in and move on.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:15:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I finally got to the range, and shot about 400 rds thgrough it. The thing seems to have settled-in fine. I had a couple of malfunctions, but I'm satisfied overall.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:51:41 AM EDT
[#6]

My wife has been having a similar issue on her glock 42, with the trigger not resetting as well.
Occasionally, the trigger will not reset when chambering the first round.
I have tried repeatedly but cannot duplicate the issue, occasionally however, it will repeat when she chambers the first round.
Only happens when chambering a round on an empty and decocked gun, first round only.

I have seen nothing done wrong but, Could there be any user error causing this?

Am i right in assuming that all internal safeties are disabled when trigger is back?

If the trigger stays back when chambering a round, is there any chance of gun firing as slide slams home?

We are  new to glocks and striker fired pistols. Experts chime in please.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top