Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2014 9:31:11 AM EDT
Just bought a Gen 4 G34 to use for Steel Challenge (USPSA Production division).  The factory trigger pull is a little heavy for my tastes.  I've been researching trigger upgrades and can't decide which route to go.  

It seems like the common path is to polish internals and change the connector and springs.  This is inexpensive, but seems to have varying results.  Sure, you can achieve a light trigger pull by changing all of the springs, but there are some serious tradeoffs in doing so.  I want to use the stock trigger spring to maintain a snappy reset.  I am open to changing the striker spring because I reload and am currently sitting on about 45k Federal primers; I wouldn't want to go too light though, since reliability is important to me.  Would a connector and a mild (5.0 lbs) striker spring make a noticeable difference over stock (dot connector)?  The connectors that I am considering are the Zev V4, the Taran Tactical, and the Ghost Evo Elite.

The other option is to go full on custom.  I can't go with something like the Zev Fulcrum and stay in Production.  There is a guy local to me (Johnny Glocks) that supposedly does some pretty great work with Glock triggers.  Builds them to your specs using factory parts (modified) to remain Production legal.  Their is something to be said for spending the money up front and being done with it as opposed to wasting money experimenting with a bunch of connector and spring combinations, but is it really worth it?  If I can spend $30 on a connector and some springs and end up with a nice trigger, I'm all for saving money.

Opinions?

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:43:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Why don't you Tyra factory minus connector before doing all the monkeying?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:14:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why don't you Tyra factory minus connector before doing all the monkeying?
View Quote

I thought that the "dot" connector was the "minus" connector equivalent for Gen 4.  The G34 already has the "dot" connector and I'm not happy with it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:09:04 AM EDT
[#3]
polish the trigger bar the connecter add a 4.5 stricker spring and see what that does for you.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:00:59 PM EDT
[#4]
The  Dot marked connector is not similar to the minus connector . It is the standard 5.5 pound  marking for the 4 th generation series G34 &G35. I have tried the factory minus connector from my previous gen 3 G35 and it was okay, but when I bought an installed a ZEV connector there was an even smoother and lighter pull.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:12:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm more than happy with my Ghost Rocket 3.5# setup.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:49:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:27:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The  Dot marked connector is not similar to the minus connector . It is the standard 5.5 pound  marking for the 4 th generation series G34 &G35. I have tried the factory minus connector from my previous gen 3 G35 and it was okay, but when I bought an installed a ZEV connector there was an even smoother and lighter pull.
View Quote

Yep my gen 4 blue label came with a - connector and I replaved it with the zev v4,competition spring kit (less striker spring), and polished everything and I love it. My 41 is getting the same setup as well as a 19 I'm buying.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:56:36 AM EDT
[#8]
A trigger from Vanek is probably what you are looking for.  The Haley "Skimmer" is probably worth a look.  Glockworx also sells a IDPA SSP and USPSA Production legal trigger that is very good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top