Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2014 6:26:32 PM EDT
My fiancé recently bought her uncles Glock 17 Gen. 1 as a present for me. Her uncle, while the nicest man in the world, treated this poor G17 like a redheaded step child as evident in the broken guide rod for the recoil spring.  I enjoy the challenge of fixin' her up but unfortunately I am a new comer to the Glock owner family with my Gen. 4 which, for me, is like going from working on my car to working on a model T. I've done some looking around but can't seem to find who sells a Gen. 1 recoil assembly. I swore I saw factory assemblies for sale on Midways website when I originally looked roughly a month ago. Now I can't find it on their website. All I can find is after market assemblies. I'd appreciate any guidance as to who sells this part or if there's such a thing as a rebuild kit for Gen. 1's. Thanks in advance and I apology for my ignorance but I know you arfcom guys are second to none and have never let me down before.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:39:20 PM EDT
[#1]
http://glockparts.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=7262&CAT=737

Gen 4 guns are the different ones, 1-3 are interchangeable IIRC.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:15:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Gen 1-3 recoil assemblies are interchangeable.

For an older gun like that, I'd probably replace all the springs--recoil, trigger return, slide stop, striker block, extractor, and striker springs.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:17:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:and I apology for my ignorance but I know you arfcom guys are second to none and have never let me down before.
View Quote

welcome, no apology necessary, we were all new once. but we were not all Gen1 owners.  
*JEALOUS*!!!
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 5:16:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
[div style='text-align: left;']Gen 1-3 recoil assemblies are interchangeable.

For an older gun like that, I'd probably replace all the springs--recoil, trigger return, slide stop, striker block, extractor, and striker springs.
View Quote

This.

When I bought my glock, that was the first thing I did.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:14:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks a bunch fellas. I'll definitely look into replacing all the parts.

I was very excited to see the Gen. 1 when I opened the bac as I just bought my Gen. 4 only a few months before. I guess the icing on the cake was the 700 rounds of ammo he threw in with it!

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:10:37 AM EDT
[#6]
You could also send it to Glock and they will refurb it for you... For free!
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:09:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:00:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Don't do this if you want to keep the Gen 1 frame, they'll almost surely want to replace it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You could also send it to Glock and they will refurb it for you... For free!

Don't do this if you want to keep the Gen 1 frame, they'll almost surely want to replace it.

That'd take a lot of the trouble out of it, but I enjoy a good fixer-upper and would like to keep it as "retro" as possible so I can make my buddies jealous. Thanks for the info though, I'll keep that in mind for future reference.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:59:11 PM EDT
[#9]
$40 in parts and a few YouTube vids is all you need. Your hopes of a project might get dashed when you are finished in 15 min though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top