Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2014 1:23:18 PM EDT
I would be 100% sold, no questions asked.  And this is coming from a 1911 guru who distrusts all "plastic" framed guns, or did at least till this year. Every time I look at the 10 rd mag grip extension, it makes me want to get rid of it.

WTF Glock??!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:52:38 PM EDT
[#1]
30s on right. 19 on left

45 on left, 19 on right

You want a longer grip?
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:17:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I have long said the same thing.  I would be happy with even the model 36 if it had the last little bit of grip actually on the grip rather than as a weird extended section of the magazine.  If they would slap a standard thin floor plate on those mags and make the actual grip exactly the length of a G19 /23 with maybe a little tail at the rear like a G26 to make everything flush it would be wonderful.

The G30S is lower in your picture anyway when you look at the slides.  The grip could be about 1/4" or less longer than a G19 and sell like crazy.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:32:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok. .45 on the right
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:47:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Exactly, just to get that last finger on without the extension with a flush fit mag.   Bet they would fly off the shelves!   Nice picks, don't look like much but makes a tremendous difference.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:50:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have long said the same thing.  I would be happy with even the model 36 if it had the last little bit of grip actually on the grip rather than as a weird extended section of the magazine.  If they would slap a standard thin floor plate on those mags and make the actual grip exactly the length of a G19 /23 with maybe a little tail at the rear like a G26 to make everything flush it would be wonderful.

The G30S is lower in your picture anyway when you look at the slides.  The grip could be about 1/4" or less longer than a G19 and sell like crazy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/cbsaf/For%20sale/untitled_zpsefef4dbd.jpg
View Quote

Did you put a 30s slide on the ?? frame?
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:51:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Makes pocket carry easier. Nearly as easy as a 26
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 3:53:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Profile pics don't tell the whole story.  I've got a regular 'ol G30, and that thing feels about twie as wide as my G23.  Aiming is like gazing down the deck of an aircraft carrier.

OK, I exaggerate a little, but the difference in width is very noticeable for me.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 3:55:12 PM EDT
[#8]
My picture was just a Photoshop.  To think of the G30, G30S, or G30SF as a pocket gun is silly.  I have the G26 and it can't get pocket carried without printing as something out of place in my pocket.  There is no reason not to offer the G30 with a little more grip to duplicate the G19 three finger hold.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:30:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My picture was just a Photoshop.  To think of the G30, G30S, or G30SF as a pocket gun is silly.  I have the G26 and it can't get pocket carried without printing as something out of place in my pocket.  There is no reason not to offer the G30 with a little more grip to duplicate the G19 three finger hold.
View Quote

Your photoshop is the perfect .45 IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:31:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Profile pics don't tell the whole story.  I've got a regular 'ol G30, and that thing feels about twie as wide as my G23.  Aiming is like gazing down the deck of an aircraft carrier.

OK, I exaggerate a little, but the difference in width is very noticeable for me.
View Quote

30s is the soloution to your problem
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:24:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:25:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Looser pants, a longer shirt is all you need
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:34:48 PM EDT
[#13]
G38 is what you seek
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:44:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I think the 30s will be the solution for you.  Got one, like it, I still carry a 19 most of the time.  Ammo selection is your key here.  But if you have to punch a big hole: the 30s is your best option.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 4:17:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I would be 100% sold, no questions asked.  And this is coming from a 1911 guru who distrusts all "plastic" framed guns, or did at least till this year. Every time I look at the 10 rd mag grip extension, it makes me want to get rid of it.

WTF Glock??!!
View Quote

Amen brother, this would be the ultimate .45.  I have been saying this for years.  Now that the 30S is here, the longer grip would be even better.

Make the grip as long as the 30 with a 10 round nag and extension...that would be great.  Sign me up for at least two.

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 4:25:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am on a roll this morning, this thread woke me up...to consider a G30 a pocket pistol is a stretch, especially with the 26/27 pistols, excellent PD ammo these days.  The 30S is a great set up.  I have both, old 30 and S model and the small change in slide width is tremendous.  

I am a big, big 1911 fan, the Commander and Officers size are my favorites, in fact I don't own a full size 1911, having a Commander size G30 would be the ultimate.

I want to put my 30S slide on my 21SF frame.

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 4:30:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I think the 30s will be the solution for you.  Got one, like it, I still carry a 19 most of the time.  Ammo selection is your key here.  But if you have to punch a big hole: the 30s is your best option.
View Quote

The 30S is the solution if your concern is slide width and frame size, circumference and reach, but extending the grip length  .375 to .5 of an inch would be the ultimate change.  

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:54:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Great, we are all on the same page!!!  Now, how can we convince Glock??  . Lol
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:15:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
G38 is what you seek
View Quote

45GAP

Terrible idea.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 4:12:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Been asking for this since the early 90's. Gaston is tone deaf to the American mindset.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:13:53 PM EDT
[#21]
I agree.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:05:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Been asking for this since the early 90's. Gaston is tone deaf to the American mindset.
View Quote

Love the 30s but have been experimenting with the 21sf as my carry pistol because of the grip.  Going to see if the slide fits in the 21sf

ETA: not a chance
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 9:55:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Back in 1993 when Frank DiNuzzo (retired NYSP Head Firearms Instructor) was on the Glock Board of Directors he proposed a series of .45's based upon single-ish stack mags. It was not well received by Austria who were more worried about the never completed carbine project. That and the huge fight with Gaston over his insistence on the carbine being pistol caliber and not 5.56.

ETA - because of their insistence on not producing what I need I have been forced to go with an M&P45C with APEX DCAEK, AEK Trigger and Trijicon HD's. FWIW it's a damned nice weapon.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 8:31:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Totally agree with the longer grip. That monstrosity of an extension is just plain stupid, such a departure from the other guns. Would love to see it longer like that in a both a 30s slide Gen 4 frame.

Would also love a 4" full grip G36, but Gen 4.

Heck really wish they would just do a "Gen 5" put that back straps on like other companies do and lose the dumb fingergrooves!!!

Dave
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 6:14:11 AM EDT
[#25]
I agree and have said this many times. It would also make mag changes so much easier.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top