Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2014 4:46:13 PM EDT
They are the same as what was on the guns! Yes, they are NOT the simple flat ones found on gen 1,2 guns. I had a G23 that I upgraded to the improved release years ago.

When I ordered these, I thought they were actually EXTENDED BACK FURTHER, so shorter hands could reach them easier. Apparently ALL newer Glocks have this type.

Does anyone make one that stretches back about a 1/4" or more to the rear?  I also ordered an extended mag release, Larry Vickers design, but have seen where some cops, have had issues with the holster making contact and releasing the mag while holstered or drawing.

I suppose one could be ground down to a sweet spot that is less likely to do this. Any comments on either parts? I also upgraded to the marine firing pin cups FWIW. The Gunny made me do it.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 4:52:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you get the factory extended slide stops? Every factory made one I have ordered was about a 1/4" longer towards the rear and tapered.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 5:09:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you talking about the factory one with the little nub sticking out? I had one with my 22 and with a high thumbs grip I got lock back after every round.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 5:23:55 PM EDT
[#3]
What?

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/829847/glock-slide-stop-release-with-spring-glock-17-19-22-23-26-27-31-32-33-34-35-3-pin-model-steel-blue

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/799965/glock-extended-slide-stop-release-with-spring-glock-17-19-22-23-26-27-31-32-33-34-35-3-pin-model-steel-blue?cm_vc=ProductFinding

First link is the standard lever found on all factory GLOCKs except the competition models. Second link  is the extended lever. As you can see, it is extended farther back. Also has a "nub" on it that sticks out further as well.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 5:27:56 PM EDT
[#4]
You might want to check these out.

Aro-Tek

I've used it and it is longer.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 5:48:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What?

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/829847/glock-slide-stop-release-with-spring-glock-17-19-22-23-26-27-31-32-33-34-35-3-pin-model-steel-blue

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/799965/glock-extended-slide-stop-release-with-spring-glock-17-19-22-23-26-27-31-32-33-34-35-3-pin-model-steel-blue?cm_vc=ProductFinding

First link is the standard lever found on all factory GLOCKs except the competition models. Second link  is the extended lever. As you can see, it is extended farther back. Also has a "nub" on it that sticks out further as well.
View Quote

^^ This

The 21 and 23 don't come from the factory with an extended slide stop no matter what generation it is
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 6:30:59 PM EDT
[#6]
It looks as though the ones I ordered (through Midway) are identical to the ones I was going to "upgrade". The packaging doesn't say extended and the one on my SF, which is identical to the one I ordered stay within the plastic ridge that borders the bottom of the release that is molded into the frame. I believe they are factory replacement parts from what the Midway description says.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#7]
It looks as though the ones I ordered (through Midway) are identical to the ones I was going to "upgrade". The packaging doesn't say extended and the one on my SF, which is identical to the one I ordered stay within the plastic ridge that borders the bottom of the release that is molded into the frame. I believe they are factory replacement parts from what the Midway description says.  Wished I'd known about the Aro-Tek. That, looks what I want.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 8:09:23 PM EDT
[#8]
So you ordered the wrong part.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 9:26:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Aro-Tek

View Quote

BIG +1

Link Posted: 9/14/2014 9:46:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, I ordered "extended". They only show the back side of the part in the Midway description. I had no reason to order another regular part, esp on a new gun.

They DO have the little "bump" on them, unlike the original FLAT releases that are somewhat difficult to use if your hands are sweaty.

I had a gen 2 G23 and replaced it's flat one with the one with the bump, just like the one my unaltered gen 3 G23 has, from the factory.

I thought I was getting one like you would if you ordered an extended slide release for a 1911, one that is obviously extended to the rear for easier reach.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 9:49:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aro-Tek

BIG +1

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q125/PursuitSS/Postings%20photos/eaffa0d187c72ebca225dc682f07d0ba.jpg

Very pricey seeing as how it is little more than a stamped part, compared to a forged, machined counterpart to like a 1911 upgrade. But that was what I had more in mind. They must have the market on these...   I see Lone Wolf has tried to come out with one, but they screwed up on the spring length, so lots of negative feedback on them not staying engaged. Aro is what most people would want, just seems way over-priced to me. $15 or so would be a more realistic price.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 9:59:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No, I ordered "extended". They only show the back side of the part in the Midway description. I had no reason to order another regular part, esp on a new gun.

They DO have the little "bump" on them, unlike the original FLAT releases that are somewhat difficult to use if your hands are sweaty.

I had a gen 2 G23 and replaced it's flat one with the one with the bump, just like the one my unaltered gen 3 G23 has, from the factory.

I thought I was getting one like you would if you ordered an extended slide release for a 1911, one that is obviously extended to the rear for easier reach.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you ordered the extended release, you're just mad that it doesn't extend to the rear of the gun like you assumed it would. Did you not look for other pictures to determine how it would sit on the gun?
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 10:39:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

So you ordered the extended release, you're just mad that it doesn't extend to the rear of the gun like you assumed it would. Did you not look for other pictures to determine how it would sit on the gun?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And I expected it to be "EXTENDED". Midway sure didn't show any pics installed. Just the ONE pic.  If I'm "MAD", it would be false advertising. Most people can know what that means if you've been around guns very long.

In Midway's description:  Glock Extended Slide Stop Release with Spring Glock 20, 21  and it's a factory Glock part. It doesn't say how much it's extended, but it would have to be significant to be called that. Now they show out of stock. I wonder if they shipped me the wrong part. In reviews from others, THEY obviously saw a significant difference in what they got over the stock unit.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/767574/glock-extended-slide-stop-release-with-spring-glock-20-21-29-30-37-38-39-steel-blue?cm_vc=ProductFinding

Link Posted: 9/14/2014 10:46:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Google search: GLOCK extended slide lock lever. It IS extended compared to stock.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 11:22:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

And I expected it to be "EXTENDED". Midway sure didn't show any pics installed. Just the ONE pic.  If I'm "MAD", it would be false advertising. Most people can know what that means if you've been around guns very long.

In Midway's description:  Glock Extended Slide Stop Release with Spring Glock 20, 21  and it's a factory Glock part. It doesn't say how much it's extended, but it would have to be significant to be called that. Now they show out of stock. I wonder if they shipped me the wrong part. In reviews from others, THEY obviously saw a significant difference in what they got over the stock unit.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/767574/glock-extended-slide-stop-release-with-spring-glock-20-21-29-30-37-38-39-steel-blue?cm_vc=ProductFinding

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is extended- not to the rear but to the side. Don't be upset because you don't know what you're ordering.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 12:33:43 AM EDT
[#16]
I just installed the extended factory slide stop on my Glock 21 today. Perfect compromise between the standard factory slide stop and the overly large aeroteks.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 7:38:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It looks extended to me. Glock extended on top, Vickers release in middle, Glock factory on bottom

Look at how it extends past the elevation in the frame under it compared to the factory release

You made an assumption without doing research. It is extended when compared to the factory release, just not as much as you assumed, and want wanted it to be. Got to do your research, man.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 4:04:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It is extended- not to the rear but to the side. Don't be upset because you don't know what you're ordering.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WHO THE HELL IS UPSET? OR MAD? OR TIFFED? OMG?? WHO COULD IT BE?    LOOK, DO I LOOK UPSET?  HELL NO! I'M TICKLED PEACHY! MY PARDONS TO ANYONE WHO THOUGHT I, , WAS UPSET! I LOVE WHAT I ORDERED! I'M SOOOO HAPPY THAT IS IS AT LEAST 1/32" LONGER THAN THE PLAIN OLD ORIGINAL! HELL, I MAY JUST SHORTEN THE ONE I HAVE, BECAUSE, DAMN, IT'S ABOUT TO POKE OUT MY FRICKIN HAPPY EYEBALLS!!!!        THEN, I'D BE UPSET. BUT NOT NOW. IT TAKES A LOT TO GET ME MAD.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 4:09:19 PM EDT
[#19]
MOVING ALONG NOW,......HAS ANYONE TRIED THE VICKERS EXTENDED MAG RELEASE?  

Would it be prudent of me to do my homework here from the mighty hive? OR, is it much of an upgrade at all over the 21SF factory ambi?

Thoughts, anyone?    
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:21:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Nevermind. I'm now realizing that this Glock, unlike every other Glock made, was the only one offered with an ambi mag release, which they have discontinued due to poor design and reliability issues. On a good note, Glock will trade out for a new frame with the standard mag release. Mailed it off today, along with a G23 slide for a set of NICE PRICED Glock night sights. (Mepro, I hear). But only $57 with a 15 year life. Hard to beat that!
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:20:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
MOVING ALONG NOW,......HAS ANYONE TRIED THE VICKERS EXTENDED MAG RELEASE?  

Would it be prudent of me to do my homework here from the mighty hive? OR, is it much of an upgrade at all over the 21SF factory ambi?

Thoughts, anyone?    
View Quote

Edited: never mind, mag release, not slide stop, sorry. No experience with it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:48:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aro-Tek

BIG +1

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q125/PursuitSS/Postings%20photos/eaffa0d187c72ebca225dc682f07d0ba.jpg

What mag release is that?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top