Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2014 8:25:02 PM EDT
Hey guys,
Been researching extensively...trying to figure out which sights I'm gonna slap on my 30S. I really like the TRUGLO TFO option, but I've been reading/watching a lot of complaints regarding the tube flying out of the front sight post while firing. Has anyone had this issue? Do any other manufacturers offer a TFO option? I'll provide one video below where you can watch this dude's fiber optic tube fly out. Also, if I do just settle for the TRUGLOs, apparently the set for the 36 (model number TG131GT2) will fit the 30S without any modification....

Anyways, thanks for reading. Any help is greatly appreciated.

http://youtu.be/LFOILHUHDD4
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 8:37:28 PM EDT
[#1]
XS Big Dots....
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:00:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I say just go with trijicon HD night sights. The TFO's get terrible reviews and to be honest the bright outline on the front HD sight is more than adeqaute for day time shooting.

Edit: I will have to respectfully disagree with the above poster about the XS big dots, I do not think a sight that big aids in anything but clothing snags unless you're old and really cannot see the front sight.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:04:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I have shot them, and I like them. The rear sight channel seems a little narrow...and man, they're expensive. But you're probably right. Thank you for the ultra-fast reply.
*EDIT* Yeah, the Big Dots aren't for me...

-Andrew
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:08:40 PM EDT
[#4]
No problem. I went through this ordeal!
They are expensive, no doubt about that. I believe the trijicon bright and tough are a little cheaper, but not as easy to pick up.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:28:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been reading so much, haha. I'm a pretty patient dude but I'm kind've frustrated looking at all the sights. I think maybe I'll just hold off on purchasing sights. I'll end up with the HD's, eventually.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:16:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I have TFO's on my RTF2 17, yellow rears and green front. They are not bad, light up bright but the rear notch is a little too tight for me. I like a little more air between the front sight and the rear. I have several different types of sights on my Glocks, but prefer the Trijicon HD's, two of my four carry Glocks have them.
Glocks with aftermarket sights.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:27:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have TFO's on my RTF2 17, yellow rears and green front. They are not bad, light up bright but the rear notch is a little too tight for me. I like a little more air between the front sight and the rear. I have several different types of sights on my Glocks, but prefer the Trijicon HD's, two of my four carry Glocks have them.
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z207/2814V/IMG_0049_zpsc3d81375.jpg
View Quote

How many glocks do you have that don't have aftermarket sights?!
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:30:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I have both TFO sights and Trijicon HDs. The HDs win hands down for me.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 1:35:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z207/2814V/IMG_0049_zpsc3d81375.jpg
View Quote

I just got my rocks off. NICE spread, bro. Thanks for the suggestion guys. Seems like the HDs are the winners around these parts. I'll just hold out to my next paycheck and pick them up probably. Hard to scratch a few pennies together when I'm building a new scary black gun.

-Andrew
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:23:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Before shopping for sights, I had the opportunity to view Trijicon HD, BIg Dots, TFO, and 10/8's, outside and in low light.

In the end I went with TFO in primary b/c it suited my situation best (older eyes/script glasses/astigmatism).

TFO in primary G19, XS Big Dot in BUG G17.

All the major brands work well, just have to find what works best for [you], gl.

Link Posted: 8/4/2014 6:47:16 AM EDT
[#11]
I wish they made TFO's in suppressor height, I have an Octane on order and have been looking for tall sights for my Glocks.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 7:47:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
XS Big Dots....
View Quote

I agree most heartily with the above. I have XS Big Dots on my 30s and they are perfect for the gun and it's intended use. EASY to aquire (see) and FAST on target...<><....:)
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 7:48:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
XS Big Dots....
View Quote

I agree most heartily with the above. I have XS Big Dots on my 30s and they are perfect for the gun and it's intended use.
XS Big Dot sights are EASY to aquire (see) and FAST on target, both during the day and especially at night....<><....:)
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 11:42:23 AM EDT
[#14]
I've got TFOs on 5 of my Glocks and love them.   The rest of my Glocks all have Glock night sights installed.   At $57 installed from Glock with a 15 year warranty,  they're a much better deal than the Trijicons in my opinion.  

-bob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top