Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2014 1:58:25 PM EDT
I was looking for a new grip plug for my Glock since sometimes when I reload, the rim of the top round gets stuck in the round channel in the Glock.

I am looking for a grip plug that is rounded off at the corner an smooth all the way up.

It is hard to see the shape of some in pictures.

I don't like the Pearce, I used to have it in my old glock:

My case rim would get stuck at the uprising groove. Which is why I am looking for a smoother one.

What is your favorite?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:12:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I posted this a while back to show why the Glockmeister unit was a better design than the Lonewolf model. You can see it`s rounded and covers that "ledge" where the channel starts.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:24:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I've bought a bunch of Gen 3 frame plugs from MolonLabe Industries on Amazon and really like them. They are rounded like the Glockmeister version above, and they're only around $6 shipped. Do not buy them from the other Amazon retailers--I accidentally did that once it was squared off with a sharp edge like the one pictured on the left above. That one went in the trash.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:24:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I posted this a while back to show why the Glockmeister unit was a better design than the Lonewolf model. You can see it`s rounded and covers that "ledge" where the channel starts.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s189/Boru_album/plug003.jpg

View Quote

How flush is that Glockmeister plug?  If viewing the pistol from the side does it stick out.  I am interested in a plug but want one that does not stick out of the opening that it is inserted into.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 2:16:40 PM EDT
[#4]
It`s completely flush.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 2:04:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 7:58:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Actually it is Molon Labe LLC.....and we sell them under the Sure Plug brand name. We also laser engrave on them We are aware there are other sellers passing off other brands as ours and are working on that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've bought a bunch of Gen 3 frame plugs from MolonLabe Industries on Amazon and really like them. They are rounded like the Glockmeister version above, and they're only around $6 shipped. Do not buy them from the other Amazon retailers--I accidentally did that once it was squared off with a sharp edge like the one pictured on the left above. That one went in the trash.

Actually it is Molon Labe LLC.....and we sell them under the Sure Plug brand name. We also laser engrave on them We are aware there are other sellers passing off other brands as ours and are working on that.

That's the one. Outstanding product.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 8:02:18 AM EDT
[#7]
IMO none.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 7:42:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I buy whatever my LGS has in stock. I am not picky.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 8:10:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
IMO none.
View Quote

Agreed
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 10:16:56 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

IMO none.
View Quote

While I'm not too concerned about dirt getting into the grip, a beveled plug prevents the magazine from catching on the notch at the rear of the magwell during a reload.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 4:19:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

While I'm not too concerned about dirt getting into the grip, a beveled plug prevents the magazine from catching on the notch at the rear of the magwell during a reload.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IMO none.

Yup.

It's like a poor man's Sevigny Speedway.  Even if you accidentally buy the crappy square one, you can round it off with sandpaper.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top