Site Notices
8/29/2014 9:08:28 PM
Author
Posted: 7/14/2012 2:53:47 AM
I'm wanting a stippling job done on my Glock 23. Any recommendations on a reputable outfit?
phideaux
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2012 3:42:27 AM
Originally Posted By misc:
I'm wanting a stippling job done on my Glock 23. Any recommendations on a reputable outfit?

1. buy a 60 watt wood burning tool with different shaped tips.
2. go home and plug wood burner in.
3. practice on some scrap plastic for a few minutes.
4. profit for doing it yourself. $$$$

it really is easy. my 10 year old step daughter did an STI frame for me in less than 2 hours. she was being very careful.

Fragalistic
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2012 10:52:18 AM
I'd never buy a Glock or any other pistol with a frame that'd been stippled like that. I just wouldn't find such a rough finish to be comfortable. I like t he feel of Agrip on my Glocks, and, since I carry IWB daily, wouldn't want such a rough surface abrading my nekked skin!!
sel366
Pie Taste Tester Champion 43 years Running
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2012 4:00:17 PM
I finally decided to try my hand at this on my bedside 22 gun. It was extremely easy, fun and left a nice grippy surface. I was scared to try it at first, but I figured using my 22 that stays hidden away was a good place to start.
Baffle them with Bullshit is what I always say. Also, FUGseriesFAIL! Arcoms most hated/loathed troll. Thanks to the Arfcom staff that banned this FUCKNUT! Though he will be back.
TheWatch
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/15/2012 1:08:28 AM
Grimm Brothers Armory does great work.
When asked what breed of dog she had written on an info sheet the clerk in question stated "When I axed him he said "I don't really knows, my dad be blind and we gots a CNI dog", so thats what I wrote down."......"CNI dog"
phideaux
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/15/2012 1:43:37 AM
[Last Edit: 7/15/2012 1:44:22 AM by phideaux]
Originally Posted By Fragalistic:
I'd never buy a Glock or any other pistol with a frame that'd been stippled like that. I just wouldn't find such a rough finish to be comfortable. I like t he feel of Agrip on my Glocks, and, since I carry IWB daily, wouldn't want such a rough surface abrading my nekked skin!!

it's not that bad on bare skin. I carry my Glock 20 IWB for up to 16 hours a day with this same texturing. no big deal. if you want the texturing not to be so sharp, warm the side up with a heat gun a bit and rub the grip a bit with a piece of flat plastic. it'll knock the high points off for people with girlie skin.