BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 91
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:22:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Stasher1:

Love this pic. It's one of the few I've seen in this thread with (what appears to be) honest wear. The vast majority of guns and holsters that have been posted don't look like they've ever been carried.  My M&P9c has rust on the rear sight, scratches/gouges in the grip from working on my truck, and a nice coating of t-shirt/underwear lint. The holsters have creases and wrinkles in the leather, scratches on the belt clips, and more of the same lint that's covering the pistol.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Stasher1:
Originally Posted By dtux:
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/oMA7hR" target="_blank">https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5575/14955746185_c30b97160f_b.jpg</a>
EDC
by ImDTux, on Flickr

Love this pic. It's one of the few I've seen in this thread with (what appears to be) honest wear. The vast majority of guns and holsters that have been posted don't look like they've ever been carried.  My M&P9c has rust on the rear sight, scratches/gouges in the grip from working on my truck, and a nice coating of t-shirt/underwear lint. The holsters have creases and wrinkles in the leather, scratches on the belt clips, and more of the same lint that's covering the pistol.

My holsters are usually new  in the thread but my M&P is very used lol. Rust, dirt and everything else. Although I did just clean my frame after a few years to try and get some of the crud out of my stippling.
Last weekend.
#vdg by 4DAIVIPAI2K5, on Flickr
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:57:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By 4DAIVIPAI2K5:
Yep yep
View Quote

Do you have a website?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:59:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By tcataz:

Do you have a website?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tcataz:
Yep yep

Do you have a website?

I do but it is not 100% up and running yet.

PM for more info, as I'm not a site sponsor so I try not to say my business name in post.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:15:42 PM EDT
[#4]
My EDC is the M&P but building the G17 up to split the role. I want to add a RMR to it in the future.

dual by 4DAIVIPAI2K5, on Flickr
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:40:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Based on the angle of the pictures I cant wrap my head around how the foam wedge helps the grip orientation.  You have other pics or can explain better?
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:50:39 PM EDT
[#6]
If you push out on the front of the gun, the back of the gun (grip) tucks in.

I've been carrying (and making holsters) for 25 years. It's brilliant. Work it into a leather design and I'm in.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:56:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By THR-Thumper:
If you push out on the front of the gun, the back of the gun (grip) tucks in.

I've been carrying (and making holsters) for 25 years. It's brilliant. Work it into a leather design and I'm in.
View Quote

What he said
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:32:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 103] [#8]
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 3:42:37 AM EDT
[#9]

What mag holder is that?
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 12:42:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks like it is the Galco CDM COP Double mag case.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 1:18:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By D_CRISIS:

What mag holder is that?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By D_CRISIS:

What mag holder is that?

It's a Desantis A01 double mag pouch. $20 on eBay.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 3:46:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sparkyfender2] [#12]

Dan Wesson CCO

TT Gunleather holster

Rafter S magazine holder [old]

Spyderco Manix
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 9:19:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 6:43:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:53:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gettingthere] [#15]

Best nightstand ever. However, too much folder, too little empty snake river stampede whiskey

Here's mine:
" />
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 3:26:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: portablegorilla] [#16]
A lot of you guys carry way too much crap. More than I carry on my duty belt. I think it goes from being prepared to being masturbatory once you get to that point.
I'm going the other way. Carrying a bunch of crap all day sucks, especially IWB.  Here's my new, lean EDC. Literally everything I need and use in my day to day life.

S4 in Magpul case with ID and debit card tucked in.
Sig 2022 in a KT gunfighter.
Chapstick.

No physical keys, bluetooth car and house locks. Quit carrying a knife because I just never used it.
Hopefully I'll survive my next trip to Kroger without an IFAK
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 4:13:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By portablegorilla:
A lot of you guys carry way too much crap. More than I carry on my duty belt. I think it goes from being prepared to being masturbatory once you get to that point.
I'm going the other way. Carrying a bunch of crap all day sucks, especially IWB.  Here's my new, lean EDC. Literally everything I need and use in my day to day life.
<a href="http://s32.photobucket.com/user/tmann199030/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20141106_140611_zps6e8ylcnz.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d50/tmann199030/Mobile%20Uploads/20141106_140611_zps6e8ylcnz.jpg</a>

Chapstick.

No physical keys, bluetooth car and house locks. Quit carrying a knife because I just never used it.
View Quote

Im with you.
Gun and holster- glock 19 in zero concealment systems kydex holster
Knife- cold steel recon one
Iphone
Wallet
Key chain

Thats it not very tactical or cool
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 4:24:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SecurityServant] [#18]
Glock 19
Leatherman Wingman
Surefire E1D LED Defender
E Z87 sunglasses
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 4:53:25 PM EDT
[#19]
<a href="http://s32.photobucket.com/user/tmann199030/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20141106_140611_zps6e8ylcnz.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d50/tmann199030/Mobile%20Uploads/20141106_140611_zps6e8ylcnz.jpg</a>

Chapstick.

View Quote

I get your KISS principle.  I don't carry a tactical folder but I do carry my Swiss army knife (tweezers, scissors and toothpick are extremely handy day to day).  I also carry a flashlight.  It also gets used a lot.  I am glad your set up works for you that's what matters.  You shouldn't be implying others are mall ninjas for being able to carry a few more tools.  

On your reasoning.  You shouldn't be carrying a gun because it is odds wise it is the least likely to be used.  I carry a wallet and gun with reload plus a small knife and flashlight and cell phone.   It's not obtrusive at all to carry and I already have plenty of pocket space for it in just regular 5 pocket jeans.  

Pic thread.  

" />

" />
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 5:09:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4DAIVIPAI2K5] [#20]

Chapstick.

View Quote

I use my knife and flashlight damn near every day. So they will always be on my. My keys are on a clip that I tuck in my back pocket to stop the jingle.

side by 4DAIVIPAI2K5, on Flickr
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 6:01:46 PM EDT
[#21]
No physical keys, bluetooth car and house locks.
View Quote

Please, tell me more. Especially about the car... Aftermarket?

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 9:51:54 PM EDT
[#22]

I use my knife and flashlight damn near every day. So they will always be on my. My keys are on a clip that I tuck in my back pocket to stop the jingle.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7496/15630889216_b17025f475_z.jpgside by 4DAIVIPAI2K5,gn on Flickr
View All Quotes

Chapstick.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7496/15630889216_b17025f475_z.jpgside by 4DAIVIPAI2K5,gn on Flickr
Nice stippling.  Did you use any coating or is that just in the polymer?

I just bought some duplicolor bed liner as a base to stipple mine.  I love the A-grip but it doesnt fit anymore with how much i've reduced the backstrap.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 10:01:40 PM EDT
[#23]
It is just the natural color
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 11:54:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 12:08:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Bulldawg:
http://jdlawhon.com/arfcom/edc02.jpg
View Quote

which g shock?
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 1:10:38 PM EDT
[#26]

which g shock?
View Quote

GW2310-1 Atomic/Solar.  Love it.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 1:30:49 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm trying to figure out what to replace my current g shock with after the first of the year. I know I want digital this time but it's between a g shock and a suunto
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 1:40:59 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm trying to figure out what to replace my current g shock with after the first of the year. I know I want digital this time but it's between a g shock and a suunto
View Quote

I use both, I love the look and feel of my Core. I wore it in Afghanistan and has taken a beating and still functions as new, but...... I bought a Casio Pro-Trek, and I've hardly taken it off. The issue witht he Suunto is the battery life, with the Pro-Trek I don't have to worry about anything. So the Pro-Trek has my vote. Get a NATO strap with the adapters and your be set for life.

Link Posted: 11/7/2014 3:29:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Bulldawg:
http://jdlawhon.com/arfcom/edc02.jpg
View Quote

Love the Brommeland Holster and Saddleback.  You have good taste.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 3:33:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Buckeye920:

I use both, I love the look and feel of my Core. I wore it in Afghanistan and has taken a beating and still functions as new, but...... I bought a Casio Pro-Trek, and I've hardly taken it off. The issue witht he Suunto is the battery life, with the Pro-Trek I don't have to worry about anything. So the Pro-Trek has my vote. Get a NATO strap with the adapters and your be set for life.

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x381/Buckeye_Shooter/IMG_1542_zps838cadef.jpg

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x381/Buckeye_Shooter/IMG_1543_zps31881ce1.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Buckeye920:

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x381/Buckeye_Shooter/IMG_1542_zps838cadef.jpg

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x381/Buckeye_Shooter/IMG_1543_zps31881ce1.jpg

Thanks for the input!
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 4:42:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheJeanyus] [#31]
View Quote

My "daily wear" for work is a GW7900B-1.  I like it, though it is a bit thick to wear under long sleeves.  I had a Suunto Core.  I liked the watch, but I wasn't crazy about the color combo I had (light green).  I may end up with another or a Vector.

Looks like this is the only pic I have:
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 9:43:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By TheJeanyus:

My "daily wear" for work is a GW7900B-1.  I like it, though it is a bit thick to wear under long sleeves.  I had a Suunto Core.  I liked the watch, but I wasn't crazy about the color combo I had (light green).  I may end up with another or a Vector.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/thejeanyus/Watches/2011-03-13_16-45-03_459.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheJeanyus:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/thejeanyus/Watches/2011-03-13_16-45-03_459.jpg

I was planning on black on black if I go with the core. Got to be tacticool for the day job lol.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 12:04:27 AM EDT
[#33]

Model 10 in a Roy's pancake holster, Simply Rugged Ammo pouch with speed strip, feed store Amish belt
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 9:29:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Hendrkj, I like your set up. I bet that model 10 shoots pretty nice.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 1:41:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 12:36:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 4:33:47 AM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 11/11/2014 3:44:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 9:10:53 PM EDT
[#39]
i carry a Glock 26 and a spyderco knife, along with my keys and wallet.......

isnt is uncomfortable carrying in addition to that: flashlight, extra batteries, pepper spray, pens, notebooks,chapstick,gloves, etc...etc....

if im gonna' carry all that stuff, might as well be a cop so you don't have to conceal all of it
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 5:57:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By dkiekkse:

isnt is uncomfortable carrying in addition to that: flashlight, extra batteries, pepper spray, pens, notebooks,chapstick,gloves, etc...etc....

if im gonna' carry all that stuff, might as well be a cop so you don't have to conceal all of it
View Quote

Some folks are carrying a lot of stuff, other things seem necessary.  For example, chapstick, takes up virtually no space, and if you're somebody that needs it, you need it.   A flashlight really is almost a necessity, there are a lot of very bright, very small, (very cheap if you are willing to buy foreign manufacturerd).  A notebook slides into a rear pocket, and takes up no space and adds virtually no weight.  

Pepper spray is a good idea, but YMMV on weather it is worth the weight and size trade off.
Batteries and gloves I don't think need to be carried on your person, but that's just me.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 8:46:50 AM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Lifestyles differ. I won't judge the other guys choices.
I carry what I consider the basics: Firearm, reload, knife and flashlight, in addition to cash/cards, keys, etc.,.
The flashlight and extra magazine are carried in a combo pouch, opposite my holstered firearm. It actually balances the load a bit. I use all my gear daily, with the exception of the firearm. I do tend to carry a backpack to and from my truck to my residence, mostly to tote the other stuff you mentioned.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 10:54:39 AM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

I use my flashlight all the time.  Once you start carrying one, you'll wonder how you ever made it without one.  I keep it in my back pocket beside my wallet.  I have to make notes on work orders and sign off on things a lot at work, so I always have a pen with me.  Chapstick takes up almost no space and weighs almost nothing.  Extra batteries, notebook(s), gloves, and that kind of stuff stay in my backpack.  

Pic thread:
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 7:10:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Personally have no use for a notebook. But when i need a flash light i use the flash on my phone or flash light ap. real flash lights ride in the compartment in my truck door.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 10:26:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 12:10:21 AM EDT
[#45]

What fixed blade are you carrying?

Nice setup BTW!
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 12:26:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By davidb1982:

Nice setup BTW!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By davidb1982:

Nice setup BTW!

Looks like a kabar TDI
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 1:24:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tngunner1978] [#47]
HK VP9 carried in a Old Faithful IWB, Spare mag in a Safariland mag carrier, Glock 26 carried in a Galco Ankle Glove on the inside of my left leg, Kershaw Blackout folding knife, a Fenix PD22(210 Lumens on one CR123), a Gerber pen, and a Fisher Space pen, a Maxpedition wallet, and my truck keys.

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 2:12:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Armatus:
Old carry set up:

http://<a href=http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy227/elcid07/CCWSetup.jpg</a>" />

I ended up ditching the cheap Gerber for a spyderco para 2.

Surefire E1L still running strong.

Ditched the keychain Letterman.

Went from the Kahr to a full size M&P9.

http://<a href=http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy227/elcid07/Mobile%20Uploads/20140215_210932_zps7be39fef.jpg</a>" />

There are lots of new looking holsters in this thread

http://<a href=http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy227/elcid07/Mobile%20Uploads/20140215_210945_zpse4a4164c.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

You're right. Your holster does look pretty new

Crossbreed Supertuck for my G19/G17

Winter carry now with the APL:

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 1:45:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:25:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 91
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top