Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2017 2:17:58 PM EDT
When carrying AIWB does anyone ever worry about the fact the gun is aiming at your junk or femoral artery? I like the idea of Appendix Carry but something about a loaded gun aimed at my junk is unsettling.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 7:42:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I've carried every single day, no shit for 20 years.  I will carry AIWB for the first time next week.  I am apprehensive to put it mildly.  It's mental.  A gun in a holster is a gun in the holster.  Don't let your mind think otherwise.

I am nervous but understand that's jut me.  Holster deliberately and you're good.  I'll report after a week or so.  

BTW- I picked up a Mastermind AIWB and IWB mag carrier.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 8:44:24 PM EDT
[#2]
You weren't worried about shooting your ass cheeks off, why start worrying about shooting your meat pop off?
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 9:00:02 PM EDT
[#3]
No.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 9:24:44 PM EDT
[#4]
It doesn't bother me one bit since guns just don't go off on their own, especially in a good holster.  I'm never in a rush to re-holster, and I can look directly into the holster to ensure there is nothing that will cause a ND.  Keeping the booger banger off the boom switch till you're rotating the gun away from your body is also important...but you should be doing that anyways.  Top causes of NDs are those 3 things regardless of where you carry

It's also the only way I can comfortably carry and conceal anything bigger than a sub compact single stack because of my build.  Behind the hip is just flat out uncomfortable to me.  If I don't AIWB I OWB at 3 o'clock.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 9:37:13 PM EDT
[#5]
https://youtu.be/JGU7HbgDIvE

With a proper holster and training the the likely hood of shooting yourself is very low.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 1:00:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't carry AIWB. I don't worry about where the gun is pointing when it is holstered. I worry about drawing and holstering.

And I just can't comprehend how it could be comfortable when seated.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 2:12:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't carry AIWB. I don't worry about where the gun is pointing when it is holstered. I worry about drawing and holstering.

View Quote
Depends on barrel length and where your belt is too
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 3:31:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not to mention body type, belt quality, holster quality, holster geometry, holder material, personal preference, etc.....
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 10:11:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've carried every single day, no shit for 20 years.  I will carry AIWB for the first time next week.  I am apprehensive to put it mildly.  It's mental.  A gun in a holster is a gun in the holster.  Don't let your mind think otherwise.

I am nervous but understand that's jut me.  Holster deliberately and you're good.  I'll report after a week or so.  

BTW- I picked up a Mastermind AIWB and IWB mag carrier.
View Quote
It's a lot easier to live with part of your ass missing, than your junk :)
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 4:57:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's a lot easier to live with part of your ass missing, than your junk :)
View Quote
Those sound like the words of a man who hasn't shot his butthole off yet.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 10:11:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Do I worry about the gun spontaneously going off? No.

But, I typically wear an undershirt tucked in my pants to avoid my gun rubbing me the wrong way. I worry more about my undershirt bunching up and finding its way into the trigger guard upon re holstering more than anything else. Just be vigilant upon reholstering your weapon and nothing will ever happen.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 8:29:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Holstering (or re-holstering) is when there is the most potential for an issue. So why not just holster the weapon before you clip it to your belt? Or, when re-holstering, remove the holster from the belt and then insert the weapon. This seems to me to be the safest way and has worked for me. Especially if the holster has a single clip. Plus, I carry an HK P2000SK which is hammer fired. I simply keep my thumb on the hammer while holstering. If anything is pushing on the trigger, I'll know it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 3:21:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
When carrying AIWB does anyone ever worry about the fact the gun is aiming at your junk or femoral artery? I like the idea of Appendix Carry but something about a loaded gun aimed at my junk is unsettling.
View Quote

Had similar concerns, and finally made the jump into AIWB a few months ago.

I'm currently carry two different Glocks, in two different holsters.  A good gun belt is mandatory, and I've since changed to another belt that is a little more AIWB friendly (clasp can be rotated thru belt loops to ensure proper position with minimal belt overlap, if any at all).

I'm a pretty small guy, 5'6" and sub-160lbs.  While I can carry my G23, the G43 is much smaller, slimmer, and more comfortable.  I carry regularly while riding a motorcycle and surprisingly its the most comfortable holster/method I use for riding... outside of open carry of course.

Get comfortable with your setup, and unlike many that have recommended work arounds like putting the weapon in the holster, then adding the combo to your belt.... I'd recommend you start to train with it, even if unloaded at the start.  It didn't take long for me to feel comfortable after some practice, now I draw regularly with a loaded weapon no concern about what might happen.  Sound fundamentals, are sound fundamentals.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 7:49:22 PM EDT
[#14]
When I first read about it I was concerned, but have watched enough videos and read enough stuff that I'm not too worried about it. 

Just got a mastermind tactics aiwb holster today. Bought it off a recommendation from elsewhere here. So far, after I ditched the wedge, it is super comfortable and conceals really well. I have a bit of a belly (6' 190 and wear a 34 pant), and was nervous after reading about all the people against it figuring I was too fat, but so far so good! I did have to weave my belt through the loops the opposite way than I normally do, though. I am a lefty and normally send my belt through the left side, but the buckle and whatnot interfered with the belt loop on the holster. Going through the right side, and it prints way less. 
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 9:09:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Doesn't bother me. With a solid kydex holster, I am not worried about the trigger getting pulled.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top