Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2017 11:23:40 AM EDT
Just picked up a new Shield and am really happy with its size so far. I'm now needing to find a holster for it and wanted to get your thoughts and suggestions. I really liked my Vangaurd 2 for the Glock but I don't think they make one for the Sheild unfortunately :(.

Another question - how do you guys try holsters? Many of them are pricey and I don't want to spend a lot on something that may or may not work. I'm not expecting to be super picky and think any IWB or pocket holster will do, but is there a holster swap group or something?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 11:53:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I have been happy withv the CYA kydex, from amazon for like 30 bucks for several pistols
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 1:04:48 PM EDT
[#2]
On a good review I picked up the desantis sof-tuk. Been carrying with it pretty regularly and I like it. and it's only about $25
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 1:39:41 PM EDT
[#3]
some people prefer a more elaborate setup, but I prefer a simple, minimal, effective holster that is easy to put on and take off.

Small, lightweight, adjustable retention and cant.

Cooks kydex holsters

About $55

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 1:54:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
some people prefer a more elaborate setup, but I prefer a simple, minimal, effective holster that is easy to put on and take off.

Small, lightweight, adjustable retention and cant.

Cooks kydex holsters

About $55

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/277150/IMG-1806-221125.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/277150/IMG-1807-221127.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/277150/IMG-1808-221128.JPG
View Quote
I got a Clinger holster, practically identical to the above post. About $45
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 2:29:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Check these out. Some of the best holsters for the money you'll find. I have the tuckable one for my shield. Highly recommend for a good quality holste at a great price. Also hard to beat the $2.99 shipping.

https://www.mastermindtactics.com
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 2:33:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm happy with alien gear products but may try one of those single clip models shown above
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 7:02:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Had anyone tried the DSG Arms CDC holsters?
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 7:09:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been using an Alien Gear for my 9mm Shield for a couple of years now. I can't remember the name for the one I got, it is the one with the leather backer. I'm happy with it, comfortable and conceals well. The only problem is that it doesn't come off or go on easy. No problem for me, but then again I don't have to take it off and put it back on, I just put it on in the morning and go. If you want one that goes on and comes off easy. look elsewhere. Also, you need a pretty hefty belt. With the steel belt clips, the clips ride up and won't latch onto a single thickness belt that I have. Not a problem with a proper, dual thickness gun belt, but might be a problem with thinner dress belts. Other than that, I can HIGHLY recommend it.

Bub75
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 7:38:47 AM EDT
[#9]
I been using one of these Phlsters for my g43, really like it, about as minimal as one can go.  I first used the snap loop and now using the clip. preferring the clip style lately.
PHLster Skeleton holster
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 9:09:06 AM EDT
[#10]
I use a DeSantis mini scabbard OWB and love it.  I don't have a IWB holster for my Shield yet, but the mini scabbard tucks so close that a shirt covering it barely prints.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 10:21:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I use a DeSantis mini scabbard OWB and love it.  I don't have a IWB holster for my Shield yet, but the mini scabbard tucks so close that a shirt covering it barely prints.
View Quote
What he said.  This is a great holster that rides close to the body with minimal print.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:14:08 PM EDT
[#12]
KT Mech is what I use and I am very happy with it. They come with OWB clips but you can order IWB. It conceals under a t shirt and is very comfortable. It is barely wider than the gun itself.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 2:58:57 PM EDT
[#13]
CYA for under $40 on Amazon.  It's comfy.

Link Posted: 6/2/2017 9:36:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't have a shield but do have a similarly sized Sig and have a Vedder LightTuck for it and like it.  My other recommendation that I always mention is costlier and the lead time is longer.  I've had Milt Sparks Summer Special II's for years for a couple of other pistols.  Like them too.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 9:03:03 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a couple of PJ Holsters. Seems perfect IMO.

B
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 10:47:33 PM EDT
[#16]
I've bought several from Gunner's Custom Holsters.  Great pricing and quality.  https://www.gunnerscustomholsters.biz
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 2:50:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Just picked up a new Shield and am really happy with its size so far. I'm now needing to find a holster for it and wanted to get your thoughts and suggestions. I really liked my Vangaurd 2 for the Glock but I don't think they make one for the Sheild unfortunately :(.

Another question - how do you guys try holsters? Many of them are pricey and I don't want to spend a lot on something that may or may not work. I'm not expecting to be super picky and think any IWB or pocket holster will do, but is there a holster swap group or something?

Thanks.
View Quote

"I'm not expecting to be super picky and think any IWB or pocket holster will do..."

Remember you want a holster to be comfortable and conceal your shaller gun as well as possible. A good holster will be worn almost every day, much of the day. You want it to be something you are proud of and excited about. I have wasted money on 3 holsters that costed from $10 to $35 and they were all suboptimal. If you didn't care about comfort or concealment, you would just carry a bigger gun with a nicer holster right?

I like my crossbreed minituck, keeps it tight against my body and is comfortable. Crossbreed has a 2 week try it for free offer, and a lifetime warranty, they are usually $65. I use it for my Glock 43 when I am not carrying my Glock 40.

If you or anyone reading this tries the minituck out I'd try to get horsehide as it is so much thinner.

There are many options, just commenting on what worked well for me.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 10:07:44 AM EDT
[#18]
All day carry with ease, and it would too be so with a Shield.

Link Posted: 6/4/2017 10:56:18 AM EDT
[#19]
I use Comp Tac for behind the hip carry but IM looking for an appendix carry holster
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 8:30:34 PM EDT
[#20]
I currently use this one from Armordillo Concealment

It was the only holster I found that offered an adjustable cant in this particular design of holster. Comfortable 3-4 o'clock and appendix. The price has gone up since I got mine but they offer sales from time to time.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 9:47:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Just got the CYA holster in from amazon. Its a nice little holster. appendix carry felt a little uncomfortable but that might have been my work belt being to loose.

I really want to get an ankle holster for the shield if anyone has any tips
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:04:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I really want to get an ankle holster for the shield if anyone has any tips
View Quote
I like the Galco Ankle Glove.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top