Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2017 7:53:59 PM EDT
We have a thread for people walking or driving cars. Lets see what you carry and how you carry it whike youre on your motorcycle.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 8:00:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I never carried on my person when I rode.  If i were to get another bike i would probably carry the same way I do as I do on my bicycle.  I have a Pistol Wear PT2 belly band I am not sure i would want to hip or back carry and come off my bike with it.

Also type of bike would be a factor I had a ZX12R.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 9:00:09 PM EDT
[#2]
No pics, but I carry the same way when I ride as I do any other time.

G19, kydex holster, aiwb.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 10:48:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, carry stays in my holster when I ride, just like when I walk or drive. If it's on the bike, it isn't carried or handy. Occasionally,  I'll have a BUG on the bike, too.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 8:52:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Same as I do any other time: IWB. Pistol is for off the bike, not on. I know some worry about landing on it in the event of a crash, but I figure that's the least of my worries if I'm wrecking.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 8:59:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 7:48:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

i was just saying to myself, you must be in texas....
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 10:41:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Lol, love it.

I don't have a picture of me but someone does.

I was taking my (street legal) Yamaha XT350 out for a spin and openly carrying.  At a stoplight I glanced over to see some guy smiling and taking a picture with his cell phone.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 2:37:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Just curious because when riding sport bike the back and sides of my shirt blow up in the wind. Not sure if im getting a cruiser or sport bike next.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 2:07:44 AM EDT
[#9]
I carried a Kahr P9 in a aleather vest with a built in holster.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 6:38:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Bumping this. There is no open carry here and i think im going to get another sport bike. My last sport bike my t shirt was always flapping around.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 7:28:09 AM EDT
[#11]
4.25" 1911 in a TT Gun Leather, XC Slim on an Armour belt...
same as going out to dinner, mowing the lawn, or anything else I do
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 8:00:59 AM EDT
[#12]
IWB or OWB,, crashing with a gun on hurts .. Be careful with AIWB ..
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 5:50:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Bumping this. There is no open carry here and i think im going to get another sport bike. My last sport bike my t shirt was always flapping around.
View Quote
Aiwb
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 9:21:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Crashing with out a gun hurts!!!

I carry a DW V-Bob in a Sparks Versa Max on the bike same
as any other time.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 10:29:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
True. I stopped the practice after a rigid ear plug container bruised my hip something fierce. If I had landed on the side with a J frame in the pocket that would've really been hell.

These days I backpack carry. Not particularly fast, but I'm not particularly worried about it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 3:35:40 PM EDT
[#16]
I'd either have the gun AIWB or off body in a tank bag. No real good way to carry on a bike in the event of a crash really. AIWB at least has squishy parts around the gun. Everywhere else has bone in close proximity. If you land on the gun and it is over bone you're likely to break the bone. Of course if I'm going down I'm probably breaking something. Id just rather not break anything I don't need to.

I've come to the conclusion with motorcycles and carrying there really isn't a good option. It's all about what concession/compromises you're willing to make. 
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 8:16:38 PM EDT
[#17]
On my Electra Glide I carry the same way as always. Glock 26 in a Trex Arms sidecar. The riding position is natural enough that there is no discomfort. I did try jumping on my buddies sport bike and I believe I would not carry AIWB due to the riding position. I don't find sport bikes comfortable as is so that may have been the source of most of my discomfort.

I used to carry at 4:00 with a MTAC and that was comfortable too. Just prefer appendix carry these days.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 9:33:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Usually end up taking my pocket pistol when riding with some spare mags. Small enough to slip in the inside pocket of riding jacket.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:51:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Prior to the last few years i've always carried off person and put it on when i'm off the bike for a bit....... not ideal but never liked how any holster interacted with my leathers.

I started carrying in my jackets gun pocket a couple years ago was carrying j frame smith now the lc9s pro. Works fine just gotta discretely get it on me when off bike for a while.

I just got back from a 3200 mile trip saturday night.  I wore a galco miami classic so i could have my g19 on my person all the time.
7 days at least 10 hrs a day.  I virtually forget it's on.............. this isn't your uncle mike insert crap nylon shoulder rig i've probably gotten 5-6 over the years in trades they all sucked.

I just wore a lightweight shirt over the top for cover when i took of my jacket at stops.

It is perfect for me for big trips etc..... certainly worth a look if you haven't found anything else that suits your needs.
I know it doesn't look comfortable to me either but it just is.

Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:16:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Same IWB xbreed holster I wear normally.
Sometimes, I just slip a keltec in the jacket pocket.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top