Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2016 2:38:22 PM EDT
Anyone have a link for a holster or strap for a holster that will position the handgun under the steering column or dash?  

Would like that option for travel but can't drill to mount a holster.

Link Posted: 9/13/2016 9:35:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I like this so well I have two of them. One in 9MM and one in .380.  Andrews Custom Leather Carjacker Crossdraw.
http://andrewsleather.com/traditional.htm
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 10:25:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I found the use of a magnet system to be much less bulky than a car holster which works well for me in my Camaro (which has little room compared to other cars when it comes to sitting in it). I tried out "Go-Magnets" and must say they are pretty nifty.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 11:33:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Just a thought but if its held by a magnet what do you think is going to happen to it in a bad accident ?

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I found the use of a magnet system to be much less bulky than a car holster which works well for me in my Camaro (which has little room compared to other cars when it comes to sitting in it). I tried out "Go-Magnets" and must say they are pretty nifty.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/15/2016 7:35:53 AM EDT
[#5]
My thought is while it may be a convenient location, state law may prevail and call it a no go which may end up being an expensive proposition.  While I wouldn't mind doing something similar, FL has laws regarding exposed firearms in vehicles and that location here would be a no go on public roads.  A close examination of your state laws should be reviewed prior to putting something like this in use to prevent getting burned.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 3:38:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just a thought but if its held by a magnet what do you think is going to happen to it in a bad accident ?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, blunt metal objects in a accident are not good.  

Something the size of a handgun is more that enough to cause serious injury.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top