Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2016 3:17:23 PM EDT
Finally getting on the subcompact wagon. Just about to pick up an XDs 9mm 3.3" for EDC. Mostly wear khakis and a button up tucked or untucked for work. I am 5'6 and 140 lbs. Looking strongly at the crossbreed mini tuck for deep concealment carry. What are your thoughts, experiences or preferences for the XDs for similar carry requirements?
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 6:43:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have one but if you want to try it for cheap they have a couple on their Seconds website: http://www.crossbreedseconds.com/index.php?sort=firearm&order=1
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 8:23:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't have one but if you want to try it for cheap they have a couple on their Seconds website: http://www.crossbreedseconds.com/index.php?sort=firearm&order=1
View Quote
Hell, at that price, guess I'll be ordering an OWB from them for comfortable days too.

EDIT: Just for clarity, these are cosmetic seconds, nothing wrong with form, fit, or function? Cause, for IWB...I don't really give a damn what it looks like.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 9:24:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hell, at that price, guess I'll be ordering an OWB from them for comfortable days too.  

EDIT: Just for clarity, these are cosmetic seconds, nothing wrong with form, fit, or function? Cause, for IWB...I don't really give a damn what it looks like.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's only cosmetic blems from what I understand.  I've bought two holsters and two belts.  I never could find a blem on the belts, and the holsters are for concealed use so who cares.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 9:15:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't use that pistol, but I use the Crossbreed MiniTuck holster with my G42 and I am approximately your size (5'9", 143lbs.)

I like the MiniTuck a lot and wear it frequently.  It only took about 18 to 20 hours to break-in; shorter than the regular Crossbreed IWB (about 40 hours for complete break-in).

I practice drawing from it regularly at the firing range and it works very well.  But the thing I actually like the most about both of the Crossbreed holsters is reholstering.  The design of the holster does a good job of keeping clothing clear of the holster well and reholstering can be done securely without snagging clothing inside of the trigger guard.

Both are also the most comfortable holsters I have used as well as offering the best concealment with the my usual styles of dress.

I also have the spare mag carriers for both the G42 and my G26 although I don't use those as much (should; I know).
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 9:46:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I don't use that pistol, but I use the Crossbreed MiniTuck holster with my G42 and I am approximately your size (5'9", 143lbs.)

I like the MiniTuck a lot and wear it frequently.  It only took about 18 to 20 hours to break-in; shorter than the regular Crossbreed IWB (about 40 hours for complete break-in).

I practice drawing from it regularly at the firing range and it works very well.  But the thing I actually like the most about both of the Crossbreed holsters is reholstering.  The design of the holster does a good job of keeping clothing clear of the holster well and reholstering can be done securely without snagging clothing inside of the trigger guard.

Both are also the most comfortable holsters I have used as well as offering the best concealment with the my usual styles of dress.

I also have the spare mag carriers for both the G42 and my G26 although I don't use those as much (should; I know).
View Quote
Excellent. Thank you.

Link Posted: 9/12/2016 5:17:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Finally getting on the subcompact wagon. Just about to pick up an XDs 9mm 3.3" for EDC. Mostly wear khakis and a button up tucked or untucked for work. I am 5'6 and 140 lbs. Looking strongly at the crossbreed mini tuck for deep concealment carry. What are your thoughts, experiences or preferences for the XDs for similar carry requirements?
View Quote

I picked one up off the Crossbreed seconds website for my G43, works terrific as a deep concealed carry if one has to tuck in his shirt.  I used to buy just the regular leather backings, but on this occasion I got the horsehide backing, and it is a lot better, as well a bit thinner.  Pair it with a pocket magazine holster and you're ready to go, or maybe an IWB mag carrier.  I personally don't like have two IWB items as I think that having to go 3 or 4 inches above your normal waist size is going to cause problems with the fit in the seat and crotch of the pants. There should be no issues concealing a small pistol like that with the minituck, even with your stature and frame size.  

ETA: You're in luck, Crossbreed Seconds has one in horsehide for $40:

10590  Mini Tuck  Horsehide  Right  Hand   XDs Good  $40.00
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 9:59:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I have 4 crossbreed holsters for various guns and love them. Using them for probably about 6 years now and have turned on several friends and family to them with no complaints. Easily consealible, comfortable, gun cant adjustments.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top