Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2016 9:57:56 PM EDT
I have a bum shoulder which probably wont get any better soon, ( I'm 65 YO) and this prevents me from using something like a Crossbreed type inside the pants holster back around the 4-5 O'clock spot. I can reach it, but have a bad time pulling it up and out. I've been carrying a Sig 232 in a belly band lately, which works fine but I'd like to get a FNH 9C for a bit more power and capacity. Doe's any one have any thing to say Pro or Con wise on carrying one of those in a belly band at the 1 0'clock position. I have NO experience with striker fired weapons. !!   Thanks
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 8:20:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess the big con is some people feel uneasy carrying a striker fired gun without a manual safety or  external hammer in the  AIWB position. I don't have a problem doing it, you just have to be extra cautious when re-holstering the gun and look as you slide the gun in to make sure nothing is going to catch the trigger. It's not a race to see how fast you can get the gun back in the holster, if you actually had to use the gun in a self defense situation you're probably not going to want to re-holster it anyway. Just practice with an unloaded gun to get the feel for things and you'll be fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top