Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2016 12:55:43 AM EDT
I was diagnosed with colon cancer back in December and now have to wear a bag for the rest of my life.Does anybody have any experience carrying concealed with a bag?
My problem is my belt goes right across the bag and cannot be worn tight,I'm thinking maybe using suspenders with a loose belt,has anybody tried this?I guess I would need
a tuck able holster,does anybody have any suggestions for a holster?My normal carry guns are either a Walther PPK/S or a Taurus 24/7 gen 2 compact.Any ideas would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 1:35:09 AM EDT
[#1]
No experience, but still wanted to offer some advice. Maybe try some sort of inner belt for the holster, then put your pants on over that.

These pants also came to mind, although they are really pricey, they are another option.  https://www.sandsprecision.com/apparel/757-s.html

Link Posted: 8/10/2016 1:46:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Unfortunately any belt whether attached to the pants or not will end up on the bag and could restrict or possibly pull it loose and that is a bad thing.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 1:59:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Consider a bag you can carry with the weapon in it? Not a purse, but something like a sling briefcase or laptop case. I'm assuming a gun in your pocket is also going to put pressure on your pants/waist, which won't work for you.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 2:10:41 AM EDT
[#4]
What about a shoulder holster or ankle holster?
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 2:18:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Shoulder attache.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 6:26:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Depending on how high your ostomy is on you abdomen, possibly one of those elastic belt with pocket holsters. Sorry, I can't remember a name.

Also, what about those shirts with the under-arm "pocket"?
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 4:11:03 PM EDT
[#7]
If I use belt and suspenders, pocket carry could be an option.I have a Keltec 32 but I really would like to carry something bigger if possible.
I'll have to check on the holster shirts,any suggestion on a good one?
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 5:28:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 6:20:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Suspenders are the way to go.

I don't have a colostomy bag, but I have a gut.

I wear suspenders and belt under a button down, untucked and usually carry in a paddle or owb holster.

I don't care if the gun prints and owb is more comfortable but it works with iwb just as well.

A cooling fabric tshirt keeps you cooler and makes the suspenders more comfortable.

These are the only suspenders I have found that will keep your pants up when packing.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CQ98YGK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 8:25:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll ask a coworker tomorrow he carries a ppq and does have a bag
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 9:00:27 PM EDT
[#11]
no colostomy, but in the winter I like to wear suspenders under a pullover hooded sweatshirt, and most of the time I don't wear a belt, just clipping an IWB holster on the waistband of my pants. might be worth a try. good luck!
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 9:32:40 PM EDT
[#12]
maybe look at a hill people gear kit bag?
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 8:28:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Interesting that you ask this question.... I just recently made an ostomy bag spacer for a guy I shoot IDPA with.  

It is a formed piece of kydex that creates a space for the ostomy bag to prevent pressure from the belt, and also curves out on each end to ensure equalized pressure from the belt.  It attaches with a single pull-the-dot soft loop,  He's been using it for a few weeks and says it works great.  

I'll try to get a pic of it... Shoot me an email if you want some more info i could crank out another one pretty easily.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 8:59:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting that you ask this question.... I just recently made an ostomy bag spacer for a guy I shoot IDPA with.  

It is a formed piece of kydex that creates a space for the ostomy bag to prevent pressure from the belt, and also curves out on each end to ensure equalized pressure from the belt.  It attaches with a single pull-the-dot soft loop,  He's been using it for a few weeks and says it works great.  

I'll try to get a pic of it... Shoot me an email if you want some more info i could crank out another one pretty easily.
View Quote

I would like to see a picture,it also sounds like it could also be used to keep a seat belt from pressing on the bag while driving.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:48:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I would like to see a picture,it also sounds like it could also be used to keep a seat belt from pressing on the bag while driving.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's sending me a pic, I'll get it up here when i have it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 9:05:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Coworker carries his ppq around 3 o clock inside the waistband with no issues. Says alot will depend on the placement of the bag since his first surgery likely wouldn't work with it as easily.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 9:12:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good on you brother BA......Thanks for lending a hand!
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 9:36:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Coworker carries his ppq around 3 o clock inside the waistband with no issues. Says alot will depend on the placement of the bag since his first surgery likely wouldn't work with it as easily.
View Quote

Does he use just a belt to carry?
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 6:01:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He has a holster forgot to ask about brand but most likely something commonly found in gun stores since he doesn't order anything off the internet.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 8:38:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Still waiting for a pic-- will have it up for you ASAP.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 4:31:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Still waiting for a pic-- will have it up for you ASAP.
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 9:52:01 PM EDT
[#22]
sorry for the delay -- here are pics

if you think it would work for you lemme know.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 10:32:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Long time colostomy wearer/user/whatever;  I generally leave the the tail of the pouch untucked, and wear large, long t-shirts, or a tank top and Hawaiian shirt or similar unbuttoned.  That way the waistband of the pants or a belt doesn't interfere with the pouch. I carry either a XDM in a Crossbreed type holster with a belt or a Sig P938 in a Remora clip holster.  I don't use suspenders, the left strap tends to cross over my pouch.

The kydex spacer mentioned by BA_from_GA looks like a good bet if you feel better having everything tucked in.  There are also companies that make similar devices; search for Ostomy Armor or Stomagear.

Hope that helps.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top