Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2016 6:22:58 AM EDT
Need suggestions for a CCW bag that IS NOT tactical looking and THAT PEOPLE HAVE USED.  Needs to be able to carry what women normally carry in a purse (check book, wallet, makeup, women stuff, etc...), planner, and occasionally books.  I would like to keep the price around $150-200.

My wife is allowed to now carry at her place of employment, but she rarely wants to dress around her 938 in a Crossbreed Microclip.  She is very open to the idea of carrying in a bag.  I know on body is the best place, but her having a bag is the next best thing in this case...  She is 5'5" and weighs 125lbs, for size reference.  Do not ask for pics, this isn't GD, so keep on topic.

I have spoke to her at length already the importance of keeping the bag with her at all times and to not ever forget it anywhere.  She is used to carrying a purse and satchel type bag, so one bag for all is actually a better option.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 6:39:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Why doesn't she just keep it in her purse?
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 7:32:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Trying to consolidate to one bag.  Her work items plus what she keeps in her purse would require a big purse...
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:23:25 AM EDT
[#3]
She'll never keep it on her at all times at work. That's not practical. Better to not carry than to leave a gun laying around. Have her try a P3AT in a belly band.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:29:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Galco makes some nice stuff.

Handy link to Galco site
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:17:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Coronado Leather .... does she want a full size purse, or a sling bag?

coronadoleather.com/c-744847-womens-store-monterey-basics.html
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:06:15 AM EDT
[#6]
We did a belly band, but she won't dress for carry.  I worry as well about her leaving the bag, but she thinks she can keep it with her, even going to restroom.  She is a professor, which is why I'm leaning more towards a satchel/messenger type of bag for carry...  And just so no one jumps off the rails, we live in TN and July 1 is when it was made legal for full time faculty/staff to carry concealed with a HCP.  Printing is something to consider as it was plainly stated in her school's laws to not print...  Weapon can be kept off body, but has to be within arms reach at all times.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:36:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Does she have a notebook or tablet..... Get a bag that has pouches for charger for your mobile device and instead put the handgun in a good holster in there.  You can even retain the holster some how in the pouch so it can be drawn from the pouch.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:48:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Check out covert bags, they are a newer company but offer some good looking discreet bags that might work for you.

Covert Bags
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 1:00:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I know this won't work for her but I will throw it out there anyway...

Maxpedition Sitka. I use it as a "briefcase" every day (and have been for 2 years). It can carry a full size M&P or Glock 17 with extra mags in the water compartment no problem and there are mag carries and holsters made for that compartment.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 2:50:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I've been carrying a Vertx EDC Transit for about two months now when out with the family on the weekends.   I've grown to like it.   Didn't at first because it is one of those single shoulder strap packs and I hadn't used one prior.  It did not take long to get used to how it wears on the body.  I like that it can be easily slung to the front of the body to access the weapon.   I carry a Glock 34 in it so anything else will be a breeze.  Bought mine from DSG.  They have several different models.  It doesn't look "tactical", just another pack.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 11:21:40 AM EDT
[#11]
The Vertx Commuter bag is a messenger style bag that looks a lot like a computer bag. The gray bag does not scream tactical
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 11:35:13 AM EDT
[#12]
I use this for my 7.5" AR-15 pistol.
Even a compartment for a full-sized handgun too.

Link Posted: 8/31/2016 10:30:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Safepacker Holster

This might be a good option.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 11:05:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Have you just tried a general search on google?  There are literally hundreds of vendors.
"Woman CCW purse" gave me this right away:

http://thewellarmedwoman.com/index.php?_route_=ccw-purses

Admittedly these may not be the cheapest, but it should be easy to find something that meets your needs.

Link Posted: 9/1/2016 1:47:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
but she rarely wants to dress around her 938
View Quote

Well, we have now identified the problem.

I like carrying a Glock 17, but I rarely WANT to dress around it. Know I carry it? I dress around it. I don't WANT to work the rest of my life, but I do, because pew pewing isn't cheap.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 1:46:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Sneaky pete?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top