Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2016 9:38:11 AM EDT
Hi all,

Looking to pick up my first IWB.

Does anyone have any experience with both of these holsters?  Any comments welcome of course.  This is for a Shield 9mm.

https://www.n82tactical.com/products/holsters/professional-series/

http://www.rawdogtactical.com/the-defender-pro-series/

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 10:13:41 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Hi all,
Looking to pick up my first IWB.
Does anyone have any experience with both of these holsters?  Any comments welcome of course.  This is for a Shield 9mm.
https://www.n82tactical.com/products/holsters/professional-series/
http://www.rawdogtactical.com/the-defender-pro-series/

View Quote

I have the n8 original tuckable holster.  its pretty comfortable for my Keltec P-11.  although I chose my OWB Fobus holster for that same gun over it anyday. Even in the summer with tucked in shirts, I would rather carry with a portion of my shirt hanging out of my pants, over my pistol than a IWB holster.   I can see where that might be an appearance issue.... your call here.

I don't have info on the rawdog.

Issues with that specific n8 holster..... practice.....  that thing looks like it might cause issues on a draw.....    I have a lot of holsters, including retention types and they take more practice to get an nice draw out of.

ETA..... if you are not tucking in your shirts, it makes zero sense to me to carry a IWB.... whats the point, your shirt will cover the gun.

Link Posted: 7/16/2016 11:07:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got several Raw Dogs and they are great holsters.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 12:26:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
ETA..... if you are not tucking in your shirts, it makes zero sense to me to carry a IWB.... whats the point, your shirt will cover the gun.  
View Quote

While I have no experience with such things I would think that you would get a LOT more printing with an OWD than you would and IWB.  I am a pretty small guy to begin with (short/skinny) so unless I wore an overly large shirt I don't see how OWB could work for me.  Again though, I have no experience so I could just not be considering something.  My hope is that with an IWB I cna continue to wear the same shirts I wear today.

Thank you for the comments.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 11:45:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
While I have no experience with such things I would think that you would get a LOT more printing with an OWD than you would and IWB.  I am a pretty small guy to begin with (short/skinny) so unless I wore an overly large shirt I don't see how OWB could work for me.  Again though, I have no experience so I could just not be considering something.  My hope is that with an IWB I cna continue to wear the same shirts I wear today.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I used to be in your shoes too.  That's why I have several holsters.  I live in a Open Carry state, so printing isn't a legal issue.  If I print, who cares, its not against the law.. BTW im 6' 178. im skinny too.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top