Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2016 12:05:02 PM EDT
How do you guys like to carry spare mags?

I think I am going to get one of these from G code. They are by far the lowest profile carriers, plus the felt covering is nice.

But I like this type of clip better than their IWB clip. (Image stolen from whiplash10 in the edc pic thread)
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 12:17:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I carry my spare Shield mag in a Kytex Shooting Gear mag carrier.  Even though it's OWB, it sits very close and every t-shirt I own conceals it just fine.  I also like the fact it's a one piece set up.  Apparently you can buy the other hand orientation and wear it IWB, but I've yet to try that.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 1:28:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the Glock mag pouch. It's softer plastic than the glock holster so it's pretty comfortable. I only carry mags owb.

Link Posted: 4/15/2016 3:25:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Probably not very tactical, but I carry my spare mag in my left front pocket of my pants.  One less thing to hang off my belt and it feels right there.  But yes, slower to get at.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 9:02:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Carry a spare mag in my pocket. My g26 mag fits in the change pocket of my jeans
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 9:08:00 PM EDT
[#5]
In my pants or shorts pocket.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 12:11:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Kydex IWB carrier at 11, pistol at 1
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 7:03:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kydex IWB carrier at 11, pistol at 1
View Quote

Yep, Philster IWB carrier for me at 11:00.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:06:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I have one of the gcode carriers like you showed. The other good thing with it is you can adjust cant on it. It is probably my favorite, though usually today I am using a trex arms sidecar.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 2:54:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been using the comp-tac iwb mag carrier with a full size m&p 9mm magazine for 3-4 months.

The leather sweat shield really helps smooth over the edges of the base plate against your skin.

I wear it in the 9 o'clock position dropped down one hole on the belt clip.  Concealment is great.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 11:16:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I carry my spare Shield mag in a Kytex Shooting Gear mag carrier.  Even though it's OWB, it sits very close and every t-shirt I own conceals it just fine.  I also like the fact it's a one piece set up.  Apparently you can buy the other hand orientation and wear it IWB, but I've yet to try that.
View Quote

The Kytex carriers are the bee's knees. Its all I use nowadays.

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:37:44 AM EDT
[#11]
I like Galco's single magazine carriers.  Leather.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:31:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I think I am going to get one of these from G code. They are by far the lowest profile carriers, plus the felt covering is nice.
http://www.tacticalholsters.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/20150709_104829_2x2.jpg

But I like this type of clip better than their IWB clip. (Image stolen from whiplash10 in the edc pic thread)
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8706/16932132666_d81dfc4119_c.jpg
View Quote

You can get clips like the one in the second picture from knifekits.com.  They are easy to drill though if the holes need to be adjusted to work with your mag carrier.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:54:59 AM EDT
[#13]
A Gerber soft case.  It has belt loops that let me carry in a horizontal position.  No one knows it's a mag on my belt.

The downside is that the velcro wears out.  I need to get a new one.  I've had mine for about 5 years, and the velcro let go the other day, spilling my mag on the ground.  Oops.

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 11:25:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Bravo Concealment OWB double mag pouch.

This
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 8:58:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

A Gerber soft case.  It has belt loops that let me carry in a horizontal position.  No one knows it's a mag on my belt.

The downside is that the velcro wears out.  I need to get a new one.  I've had mine for about 5 years, and the velcro let go the other day, spilling my mag on the ground.  Oops.

http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/images/g/rhAAAOSwYlJW3azC/s-l225.jpg
View Quote
Were you upside down? Those Gerber or Leatherman cases are perfect for glock mags. I just don't see how the mag would fall out.

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 11:13:26 PM EDT
[#16]
I carry my spare mag in a stealth gear mag carrier

IWB and synthetic material so it doesn't get sweaty like leather does
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 11:32:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Belt carry in a kydex mag carrier at about 9:30-10:00, just in front of the belt loop. I can't stand to carry something as bulky as a mag in my pocket. A G43 and a G19 magazine alike can shift and become wedged sideways making an extraction cumbersome. God, if I'm having to reload then shit has gotten really bad for me and I need that magazine in the gun ricky tick.

Carry how you like, though.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:55:55 AM EDT
[#18]
I carry a Trex Arms sidecar, so it has the mag carrier integrated into it in the appendix position. Since getting it, ive gotten used to carrying a spare mag as much as I can. I also have a matching Raptor and Mag Carrier from them, and don't like the combo as well because it isn't nearly as comfortable as the Sidecar.

I may look into getting the G Code carrier too, because if I have to carry in that way it does seem that the G Code is the slimmest one I can find.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:30:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Raven/Bravo (same thing) single mag pouch with OWB pancake wings.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 2:00:32 PM EDT
[#20]
I use the Comp-Tac leather spare mag pouch.  Easy to draw and put on while staying comfortable.  My only complaint is reinserting the mag is kind of a pain because the leather does not hold shape once the mag is removed.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 3:18:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Probably not very tactical, but I carry my spare mag in my left front pocket of my pants.  One less thing to hang off my belt and it feels right there.  But yes, slower to get at.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:33:30 PM EDT
[#22]
I've been looking at the neomag recently. Not sure its worth the asking price, but I carry a walther PPS and the mag baseplate has little teeth in it that enjoy chewing on me if worn in my kydex OWB/IWB setup.

I have a leather 1911 mag holder IWB that I like, but as mentioned above, the leather collapses when the mag is removed. fine for "the real world" annoying for practice.

Any neomag fans?
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 5:42:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Single mag belt pouch from Blue Force Gear.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:48:03 PM EDT
[#24]
nvm
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:50:24 PM EDT
[#25]
I use a trexarms sidecar for my shield9 and g19, so it's part of the holster.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:40:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

http://www.tacticalholsters.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/20150709_104829_2x2.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8706/16932132666_d81dfc4119_c.jpg
View Quote

I put a mag in one of these in my front left pocket: (right handed)
http://www.desantisholster.com/MAG-PACKER
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:33:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I've been looking at the neomag recently. Not sure its worth the asking price, but I carry a walther PPS and the mag baseplate has little teeth in it that enjoy chewing on me if worn in my kydex OWB/IWB setup.

I have a leather 1911 mag holder IWB that I like, but as mentioned above, the leather collapses when the mag is removed. fine for "the real world" annoying for practice.

Any neomag fans?
View Quote

Im curious about the Neomag as well. I realize it will be slower on the reload, but when I pocket carry my BodyGuard I toss a spare mag in my front left pocket so this could work out for me if I practiced with it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 5:31:06 PM EDT
[#28]
RCS Single Mag carrier on the belt or a Contact Concealment IWB Mag carrier.  Glock 17 mag as a spare to my G19.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:02:16 PM EDT
[#29]
just put it in my front pants pocket
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:52:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Just food for thought for folks, but however you carry your spare mag, I'd encourage you to practice reloading from there at the range. Sometimes, people will just put the magazines on a table near them and grab it from there. Or at a class they will have a big triple magazine carrier on their belt, but when they carry they don't have that. Keep in mind that the biggest reason to have a spare magazine is for stoppage clearance. If you have a stoppage in a gunfight, time is going to a precious thing, so you want getting to your magazine to be a very automatic thing. Additionally practice getting to that magazine and reloading one handed. Ultimately that is what convinced me to put the magazine on my belt in a carrier instead of my front left pant pocket. Trying to get it out with my right hand, was definitely slow and difficult for me.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:39:31 AM EDT
[#31]
+ Whatever on the Kytex gear pouches.  I have several for numerous guns.

I recently made an IWB pouch myself for a Glock 43 mag.  Works really well.  It's simply a .08 kydex taco wrapped in adhesive felt with metal J-clip and some hardware I had laying around.  I use this when I'm carrying the gun with a Comp Tac CTAC.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 6:54:53 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Were you upside down? Those Gerber or Leatherman cases are perfect for glock mags. I just don't see how the mag would fall out.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/images/g/rhAAAOSwYlJW3azC/s-l225.jpg

See above.  

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 1:25:22 AM EDT
[#33]
I use neo mag
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 11:37:22 PM EDT
[#34]
I conceal carry a Glock 42, therefore, the magazines are small enough for me to fit two in my back pocket. Weather permitting, I will wear a Western shirt + put a magazine in each front pocket. I will be forced to consider my magazine carrying options once I size up to a Glock 19. For now, I am golden.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 11:46:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Any of you guys carrying OWB horizontally (not in a Leatherman pouch or other velcro based carrier like SHTF Gear)?

I like this setup, but don't care too much for the loosey-goosey nature of the velcro system my SHTF carrier has.

Any options?
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:35:29 AM EDT
[#36]
The new recoil concealment issue featured a short write up a horizontal kydex mag carrier allowing 2 directions of deployment. It looks like good option ,Although, I'm having a problem finding one. I've never a spare mag this way, but I thought I'd experiment if it encourages me to carry a spare more often. I'm curious as to others' experience with horizontal carriers.  The company featured was zzz custom works.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:54:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Homemade kydex dual mag carrier OWB. I'm a big guy and carry an M&P45 concealed IWB but the mag carrier is more comfortable OWB and doesn't print.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 7:09:43 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm a heathen and carry it in my front pocket without carrier.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 8:03:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I use neo mag
View Quote

This^

Great product!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 8:46:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same. Works just fine
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 9:36:56 PM EDT
[#41]
I prefer a mag pouch. If I need greater concealment, I'll go 642.

Which one depends. I have singles and doubles for both my G17 and 1911.

Normal carry is 1911 IWB + Power10 reload.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 10:20:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Any neomag fans?
View Quote

Got the neomag, like the neomag.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 10:30:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Front left pocket....
PSA.... Always keep pocket lint free
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 1:30:49 AM EDT
[#44]
I make my own OWB mag holders out of leather with a stainless steel belt clip on the back. This is the one I made for my 45ACP mags.

" />
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#45]
SHTF Gear owb horizontal carrier.  They are now Black Arch, but still carry the same gear.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 10:34:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Same. Works just fine
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same. Works just fine

The pocket carriers keep the magazine oriented the correct way so you can pull them out and reload without hesitation.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 9:03:01 AM EDT
[#47]
I like Kytex stuff for smaller mags. By far the most low-profile and lightest OWB mag carriers I've found, and pretty cheap to boot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top