Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/11/2016 7:58:03 PM EDT
Trying it out with my G19 the gun is a little too big, but I think I might like it with something like a 43. My gut is kind of large though.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 8:00:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Trying it out with my G19 the gun is a little too big, but I think I might like it with something like a 43. My gut is kind of large though.
View Quote

I'm in the process of losing weight, but I have carried appendix, glock 26 and 19 fine. My heaviest was 250lbs. I am 5'11". Losing weight has made it more comfortable but concealment hasn't changed much.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 8:55:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I am 6 feet tall and around 225. So I have a gut. I am currently AIWB a Shield as a type this and its pretty comfortable. I have tried AIWB a Glock 19, but it seemed to wide and long. So it constantly felt like it was rubbing the inside of my thigh and hitting my femur and pelvis. Not comfortable.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 9:09:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm 5' 11", 185lbs, and AIWB a Glock 23 most days.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 9:13:16 PM EDT
[#4]
44" waist and I carry a Glock 19, Dan Wesson VBOB and a Sig 320C all AIWB. My holster is worn between 1:30 and 2:30 on my belt between my first belt loop and my hip. Shoulder surgery forced me to start carrying like this and I wouldn't do it any other way now. When I'm not carrying AIWB, it's either a Glock 43 or Sig 938 in my pocket.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 9:42:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am 6 feet tall and around 225. So I have a gut. I am currently AIWB a Shield as a type this and its pretty comfortable. I have tried AIWB a Glock 19, but it seemed to wide and long. So it constantly felt like it was rubbing the inside of my thigh and hitting my femur and pelvis. Not comfortable.
View Quote

For a Glock 19 you week need to move it closer to midline.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 10:57:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Appendix carried my 43 in a Sticky Holster all day today, and it was very comfortable. I can attribute some of that to the Sticky Holster though. I'd say I have a bit of a gut (it's definitely not flat haha). I could wear the 43 as a necklace though and it would conceal. So easy.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 9:31:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't see how you guys carry that way, I cant do it,  I have a g19 OWB.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 9:44:28 AM EDT
[#8]
What holsters are you guys using?
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 9:53:59 AM EDT
[#9]
6'1" and 230 here.

I enjoy AIWB.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 12:10:57 PM EDT
[#10]
5'11" and 200 pounds. Love aiwb and have carried that way for about 5 years. Currently carrying a Kriss Sphinx SDP Compact with surefire XC1.

Sometimes carrying deeper/lower helps.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 1:54:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What holsters are you guys using?
View Quote

You have to have the right holster.  If you try to use a regular IWB for AIWB, it may not have features optimized for AIWB at best, and at worst it is a pain in the crotch.  On second thought, at worst you put a bullet through your femoral and die.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 2:01:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Appendix carried my 43 in a Sticky Holster all day today, and it was very comfortable. I can attribute some of that to the Sticky Holster though. I'd say I have a bit of a gut (it's definitely not flat haha). I could wear the 43 as a necklace though and it would conceal. So easy.
View Quote

It usually isn't difficult to carry a BUG (g43, pf9, 442/642) aiwb.  But where AIWB shines is the ability to carry a mid- to full-sized gun with no to minimal printing.

Link Posted: 4/12/2016 3:18:17 PM EDT
[#13]
5'11" 225lbs, I carry AIWB at about 12/12:30 position in a incog or recently my T-Rex Sidecar.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 4:04:41 PM EDT
[#14]
If your gut is big enough to prevent you carrying IWB, the most significant threat to your life cannot be neutralized with a handgun.  

However, you may prefer OWB.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 7:37:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I don't see how you guys carry that way, I cant do it,  I have a g19 OWB.
View Quote

I don't get it either. Us old timers WILL NOT COMPLY! lol. I've tried it and even wanted to like it. Couldn't do it with my 19 or 43.

I have 2 appendix holsters currently. I like them a lot if worn at 3 o'clock but that's not what this post is about.

FYI I'm not exactly skinny but I'm not heavy by any means. I'm about 5'11 and 165-175lbs not sure exactly. I have a very small gut. I think it comes down to body shape and type. I have very bad posture and that might be why it doesn't work for me. If I straighten out my back and stand straight and tall it seems to fit comfortably but that's just not natural for me.,
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 11:03:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It usually isn't difficult to carry a BUG (g43, pf9, 442/642) aiwb.  But where AIWB shines is the ability to carry a mid- to full-sized gun with no to minimal printing.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm going to mess around some with my G19 and appendix. I have an Incog but I've been using it for 3 o'clock carry so I'm going to convert it back. I think the slide/barrel length on a G19 is too long for me to comfortably sit down with it, which is why I think something like a G43 would work well. I'm jonesing for a Springfield EMP bad too though.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 11:58:45 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm approx. 5'9" and currently 186 lbs. I carry a Glock 19 in a JM Custom AIWB holster at about the 2:00 position. Minimal printing, very comfortable, and just a solid set-up with my Ares Ranger belt.

I'm on the wait list for a G43 which will absolutely disappear in the same position.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 12:34:08 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm using a Zorn Skinny Rig, CCC Shaggy, Garret Silent Thunder and a homemade kydex holster. Each seems to be suited to pistol I carry in it for one reason or another.
Although, my favorite has to be the holster I made for my Sig 320.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 12:55:14 AM EDT
[#19]
The AIWB-CDA II is the best I found.  http://jrcholsters.com/holsters/inside-the-waistband  (sorry, the link button is locking up my iPad).
The other brands I tried printed or made me look pregnant.  The CDA II makes my V-bob disappear.  Once adjusted for me (no others offer this much adjustment), no sagging, no shifting, no outward canting, and no printing.

ETA: 6'2" 205... Not skinny.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 1:00:43 AM EDT
[#20]
I have a bit of a gut, and believe it or not appendix carry with a Glock 17 is actually more comfortable for me than my Glock 19.  

Sitting down does take some getting used to, but it gets better.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 1:02:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The AIWB-CDA II is the best I found.  http://jrcholsters.com/holsters/inside-the-waistband  (sorry, the link button is locking up my iPad).
The other brands I tried printed or made me look pregnant.  The CDA II makes my V-bob disappear.  Once adjusted for me (no others offer this much adjustment), no sagging, no shifting, no outward canting, and no printing.

View Quote

May have to look into the CDA II for my VBOB as well.
ETA: How well does that belt loop hide on the CDA II? It looks huge.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 3:13:21 AM EDT
[#22]
5'7" 200lbs 34 waist.
I often carry my full-sized M&P9 in a RCS Vanguard II. If you've got low cut jeans, you're gonna have a bad time.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 10:33:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
5'7" 200lbs 34 waist.
I often carry my full-sized M&P9 in a RCS Vanguard II. If you've got low cut jeans, you're gonna have a bad time.
View Quote

sorry.... this just doesn't not compute...
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 11:38:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
5'7" 200lbs 34 waist.

Want pics?
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 1:44:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Want pics?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
5'7" 200lbs 34 waist.

Want pics?

Link Posted: 4/14/2016 3:40:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Want pics?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
5'7" 200lbs 34 waist.

Want pics?

Is this you ?

Link Posted: 4/14/2016 5:02:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Dammit, where's the eye bleach!!!
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 5:52:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
5'7" 200lbs 34 waist.

Want pics?

Is this you ?

https://sarajoredlocks.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/photo-fat_gut_floppin_tight_pants_large.jpg?w=328&h=268

I shared that in confidence

Link Posted: 4/15/2016 6:26:25 AM EDT
[#29]
It all depends on how you are built & proportioned as to whether it will be comfortable for you. If you wear your jeans low cut, you may have a bad time. On the other hand, if you wear high-waisted pants like 5.11s or some others, the gun will sit high and rest around your lower ribcage/upper abdomen area.

At 6' and 190lbs im not skinny, but im not fat either. I carry a Trex sidecar everyday with a G19 and spare mag. Occasionally I carry my 19 w/APL on it in the same brand holster, and it is noticeable more uncomfortable due to the added length of holster for the weaponlight.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:55:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It all depends on how you are built & proportioned as to whether it will be comfortable for you. If you wear your jeans low cut, you may have a bad time. On the other hand, if you wear high-waisted pants like 5.11s or some others, the gun will sit high and rest around your lower ribcage/upper abdomen area.

At 6' and 190lbs im not skinny, but im not fat either. I carry a Trex sidecar everyday with a G19 and spare mag. Occasionally I carry my 19 w/APL on it in the same brand holster, and it is noticeable more uncomfortable due to the added length of holster for the weaponlight.
View Quote

After messing around some more with my G19 and incog, I think where you wear your pants is one of the more important aspects. I wear my jeans around my waist, so they sit kind of low. If I pull them up its more comfortable but I don't know how I would get them to stay, plus it makes me feel like Steve Erkel.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:00:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

After messing around some more with my G19 and incog, I think where you wear your pants is one of the more important aspects. I wear my jeans around my waist, so they sit kind of low. If I pull them up its more comfortable but I don't know how I would get them to stay, plus it makes me feel like Steve Erkel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wear my pants similarly, and still never liked my Incog. I waited like 6 weeks for it and then never carried it, so its in my holster bin for now. I always carry appendix no matter the weapon, and I find that for my body its more comfortable to wear my pants around the hips instead of higher. This is because if I wear pants that sit higher, the muzzle end of the holster digs into the soft tissue below my beltline worse. I don't know, that sounds crazy but I cant think of a better way to put it into words  Just something every person has to play around with and find for themselves.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 12:39:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I wear my pants similarly, and still never liked my Incog. I waited like 6 weeks for it and then never carried it, so its in my holster bin for now. I always carry appendix no matter the weapon, and I find that for my body its more comfortable to wear my pants around the hips instead of higher. This is because if I wear pants that sit higher, the muzzle end of the holster digs into the soft tissue below my beltline worse. I don't know, that sounds crazy but I cant think of a better way to put it into words  Just something every person has to play around with and find for themselves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I found that the Incong dug into my leg while sitting down with my jeans that low. What holster are you using?
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:09:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Using a tape measure, not calipers, it is 3/32" thick and is invisible under UA.  What aides in that is Jim will ask you how thick your belt is and make the loop accordingly.  It makes for a tight fit and helps concealability.  I tried a very popular kydex brand and their belt loop made it look like I was wearing a pager.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:36:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I found that the Incong dug into my leg while sitting down with my jeans that low. What holster are you using?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You wont like what I have to say then because I hate my Incog haha. I waited like 6 weeks for it, and cant get it to conceal worth a crap for me so ive never worn it.

I use a Trex Arms sidecar for my G19, which is my daily carry.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 2:54:15 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm skinny and find AIWB the least painful method of IWB carry. Still uncomfortable when sitting down. I think it depends on how high or low your waistline is.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:05:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm skinny and find AIWB the least painful method of IWB carry. Still uncomfortable when sitting down. I think it depends on how high or low your waistline is.
View Quote

I agree with that for sure.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 5:28:46 PM EDT
[#37]
5' 10" 230LBS and appendix carry a G27 in  a Contact Concealment AP Holster.  Find it to be very comfortable.  I also run my spare magazine IWB as well in the CC IWB Mag holder.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:38:10 PM EDT
[#38]
At 5'10" and 150lb's I find a slightly longer barreled pistol or slightly longer holster helps keeping the butt of the pistol tucked in but either short or long slide seem to pretty comfortable.  And it was about the same when I was 25lb's heavier.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:03:25 PM EDT
[#39]
5'8 and 200lbs, and I occasionally AIWB a 43 in a DSG CDC holster as well as a CDC mag carrier. It's comfortable enough, but I've found slightly offsetting the holster a bit to the left (I'm a southpaw) and mag carrier to the right makes it much more so.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 11:59:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
5'7" 200lbs 34 waist.
View Quote

No way
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:01:00 AM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
5'7" 200lbs 34 waist.

Want pics?

http://www.glamour.com/images/fashion/2013/08/muffin-top-w724.jpg

That's funny right there

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:13:42 AM EDT
[#42]
carry at about 2:30, with a goodly amount of forward cant works pretty well.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 12:44:45 PM EDT
[#43]
6'3" 180lbs and I still can't get appendix carry to be comfortable.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 2:23:26 PM EDT
[#44]
5'6" ~160#. Dont really have a belly.

I tried for fucking ever to carry appendix.

Holster selection is absolutely everything, along with a belt with some "give".

I honestly think the reason I "failed" at appendix for so long is holster that sucked for AIWB and also using a super stiff belt like I had for carrying IWB @ 3oclock all the time.

Just my take away from someone who tried for a year or two to get it to work.

I now have been AIWB for several weeks. Its comy. Its highly concealable. Its faster. Every holster I tried that failed I knew it was going to suck in the firt 5 min of wearing it.

I carry a Browning Hi-Power. So a good sized pistol.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 9:49:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 4:02:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

No way
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
5'7" 200lbs 34 waist.

No way

I'm at ~215 today all dressed up wearing 36x30s with my TRP in a Supertuck at 3 oclock.
Swap the 1911 and holster for the M&P in the VGII and the 34s are just fine
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 8:55:17 AM EDT
[#47]

I'm 6'1" and 230.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 4:00:52 AM EDT
[#48]

I think your holster is on the wrong side
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 8:29:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Ive tried to do it as well, but my gut does push on the gun and push it into me, especially when sitting. I can handle it standing, still wasn't the most comfy.

I am losing some weight, so that will help, but thats another thread.

I've tried with a G19/OTG combo and it didn't work well, currently perusing a smaller, strictly carry gun so I will try it again (all of my gear has changed in the last few months)
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 8:30:32 AM EDT
[#50]

What holster is this? Looks like an INCOG?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top