Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2016 1:06:44 AM EDT
Recently went back to my supertuck from an INCOG appendix for my daily ccw. (glock 19, left handed, 8ish oclock)
However I have developed a fondness for grip tape on my glock. It really locks my grip down and I can shoot
for hours without slipping or readjusting. Problem is now its impossible to get a clean draw from the crossbreed. The
way the leather conforms to your side presses the gun tighter into the kydex shell making it really tough to draw. It seems the
MTAC is a solid shell all around and tension wouldn't change when worn.
Is this true?
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:46:58 AM EDT
[#1]
It is a shell on one side not all around.  Kydex is on the belt side and leather on the body side of the holster.  It is extremely similar to the crossbreed holster except the kydex is thicker and the leather backing covers the hardware.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 10:39:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Darn it looked like it completely surrounded the gun--I thought that may allow me to keep the grip
tape and a fast draw.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 11:37:19 AM EDT
[#3]
FWIW I never have an issue getting a clean draw from my MTACs.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:45:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks--it's a slightly different shell so I wonder if the grip tape would not interfere like it
Does on the crossbreed.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:48:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Might look at Ridgid Holster "Edge" model.  The Leather is cut down more to allow less interference with the grip.  

I have one for my 43 and love it.  

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 6:29:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks-- I think it's more the leather getting pushed into the gun
When I wear it. Prob because I'm skinny (165ish)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top