Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2016 4:41:07 AM EDT
Of the 4, which do you choose & why? I have a g17/g19/g26
but would like a single stack for when that is all that's permitted.
Show your vote, but also tell me why & show me your setup.
I carry aiwb 98% of the time.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 4:45:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ibtp.

I'd choose the 43, but don't have one.

I trust ugly glock
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 5:24:10 AM EDT
[#2]
IBTP Glock 43. Love mine. Plus you are already comfortable with em.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 8:29:41 AM EDT
[#3]
G43
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 1:05:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a g43 any a shield in 9mm, I like and trust both. Personal preference between the two. Not much difference, but I like the Glock.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 2:31:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I choosed the pps over the shield and I didn't shoot a 43 but did shoot my wife's 42
I am a glock guy but pps fits my hand perfect and I like it with the 7 round mag
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 3:55:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Since you're used to Glock pistols already, you should go with the G43 to keep things simple with what you already know.

I carry a Shield personally when I carry a single stack, personal preference and I don't do Glocks.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 4:03:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I've owned a PPS, G43 and shield. I prefer the shield.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 6:30:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Handled the PPS M2 today, have shot the Shield and G43, and handled the Ruger in the past. The ergos of the G43 and Ruger just don't work for me and are likely why I shoot the Shield much better than the Glock.

Today I'd likely take the Shield over the new PPS due to cost. If the price were closer, then the better feeling PPS.

However, I own a G17 and my next CCW pistol will be a G26.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 6:56:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I carry a shield and love it. I was originally going to go with the g43 but it didn't meet my expectations compared to the g26.
The shield fits my hand a lot better and is a lot easier to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 7:38:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm a Glock fanboy.  Have 8 in the safe.

I have shot the G43, the Ruger LC9s, and the Shield.  I ended up buying the Shield.  Better trigger, better accuracy, and just felt better in my hand.  The Ruger had a good trigger, actually TOO good, TOO light for a carry gun in my opinion.  I didn't like the way the G43 shot at all.  Also didn't like the way it felt in my hand.

I carry the Shield in an Alien Gear 3.0.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 6:06:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Standard PPS for me I like the lever mag release.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 7:24:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Lever mag releases are superior in my experience.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 11:38:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One day Glock will make one I hope..... Probably after the carbine.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 11:53:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not going to happen, lol.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 11:54:00 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm looking forward to trying the PPS M2 if I can find one for a good price. The local gun stores have gotten retarded. (Went to Cabela's today and even their used guns were more than MSRP. )

Link Posted: 1/20/2016 1:51:45 AM EDT
[#16]
I sell all 4, and the 43 gives up the huge aftermarket that to me is Glock's selling point.  Smith's only made a million Shields, they may have figured it out by now.  I'm guessing the Shield's aftermarket equals the 43's.  I can't keep the Ruger's in stock, but I'm not aware of a replacement trigger for them or the Walther.  Given the price, I'd go w/ the Shield.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 10:17:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm looking forward to trying the PPS M2 if I can find one for a good price. The local gun stores have gotten retarded. (Went to Cabela's today and even their used guns were more than MSRP. )  
View Quote

Buds has them for $430

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/mobile/product/719004172/walther_pps_m2_9mm_6rd7rd_
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 10:45:41 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Buds has them for $430

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/mobile/product/719004172/walther_pps_m2_9mm_6rd7rd_
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Buds has them for $430

That's not bad. Hopefully a local store will get them in close to that. Of course, I could always go with that awesome $500 used, stock Shield that Cabela's was hawking.

EDIT - Spelling.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 11:32:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure they will right after they make that carbine and a commander style G17 and G17 slide/G19 grip setup.......
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 2:14:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Shot the "old" version of the PPS at the range today. Definitely more accurate and comfortable to grip/shoot than the G43. Not quite as accurate as the rental Shield in my hands. Very nice overall, but I did have one FTE.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 2:55:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Ibtp.

I trust ugly glock
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ibtp.

I trust ugly glock

Its become my go to gun now.  

" />

" />

" />

It shoots great at 10 yards with no laser.  

Laser is POI out tot here when need be.  

Just added the TLR-6 because I got a great deal on it and its one more tool for the box.    Saw some training where I though it might be good shooting from concealment in certain situations like movie theaters etc.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 8:07:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 10:04:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted: Its become my go to gun now.  

http://<a href=http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u558/gotuonpaper/A921184D-04F1-47E9-86E8-B7195C442073_zpsrhtlvm73.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u558/gotuonpaper/52D4C168-02F0-4BD3-85B2-3DCD12624A3C_zpsuqrc5kqk.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u558/gotuonpaper/Mobile%20Uploads/4BB52885-CAFF-4DA2-8C3D-820DB1484E08_zpssfvnxcsk.jpg</a>" />

It shoots great at 10 yards with no laser.  

Laser is POI out tot here when need be.  

Just added the TLR-6 because I got a great deal on it and its one more tool for the box.    Saw some training where I though it might be good shooting from concealment in certain situations like movie theaters etc.
View Quote

Thanks for the pic.  Didn't know the small 9s/.380's w/o rails had light/laser options.  Good to know.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 10:41:18 PM EDT
[#24]
+1 Glock or Shield, depending on where you fall on the Ford vs. Chevy Spectrum.

Whatever fits you better.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 4:24:53 PM EDT
[#25]
It looks like The Edge by Ridgid Holsters
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 3:27:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Had the G43 and PPS. Now only have the PPS. Huge Glock fan here but the G43 is just too small for my big hands. PPS with the big backstop is like the single stack G19 Glock never made. Winner for me.

The other thing that made it easy was the only parts the G43 has in common with the other 9mm's is the front sight (which might be convenient). So I didn't feel like I was giving up anything in the way of logistics by sticking with the PPS.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 5:07:02 PM EDT
[#27]
I love my Shield and like my GF's LC9s pro. The Ruger has a better factory trigger, but shoots like a subcompact. To me, the shield shoots like a much larger gun than it really is. I think they're all good choices and it just comes down to personal preference.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 5:38:49 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I love my Shield and like my GF's LC9s pro. The Ruger has a better factory trigger, but shoots like a subcompact. To me, the shield shoots like a much larger gun than it really is. I think they're all good choices and it just comes down to personal preference.
View Quote

I've been eyeing the Shield more since learning you can make it 9+1 (8+1 with flush magazine).
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 6:05:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I've been eyeing the Shield more since learning you can make it 9+1 (8+1 with flush magazine).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link? I just carry the 7+1 with the 8 rounder as a backup mag.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 6:10:24 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/24/2016 6:56:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Yep, all of my Shield mags now have Mag-Guts in them from when a member almost year ago posted about it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 4:36:27 PM EDT
[#32]
The only one I don't have experience with is the PPS, but of the other three I prefer the Glock. I just prefer the size and trigger over the Shield. The Ruger was fine, but I'm just use to the Glock family.  Some folks point out the the Shield has more capacity, but it's also a bigger firearms.  Everything is a trade off.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 7:40:07 PM EDT
[#33]
The Glock 43 is fantastic. That said, I really dug my PPS, and the PPSM2 feels fantastic and has a greatly improved trigger.

That said they went away from my favorite feature, the paddle release, so I don't see any reason to switch from my 43.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 12:34:40 AM EDT
[#34]
I own the Ruger and it has a lot of positive attributes. It's very thin, has a great solid metal trigger, clean break and no over travel. The only negative I find is the stock sites suck. I bought some xs big dots and haven't looked back. Bought an extra 9 Rd mag and it works great for me.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:52:42 PM EDT
[#35]
the shield or the 43...personally, the shield is the way to go, w/ cheapest price and +1 round

both are relaible durable and concealable w/ good brand backing and easy to find accessories and holsters

the others: tougher to find stuff for and durabiilty is lacking...
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 9:44:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
the shield or the 43...personally, the shield is the way to go, w/ cheapest price and +1 round

both are relaible durable and concealable w/ good brand backing and easy to find accessories and holsters

View Quote

What do you base that on? There is lots of "stuff" for the lc9s, including 9rd mags, laser, lights, etc. Everyone makes a holster for it. The 43 hasn't been out nearly as long as the others, so let's see how it's long term durability shakes out.
I have both a glock 43 and an lc9s pro. The ruger trigger kicks the glock trigger's ass.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 9:57:19 PM EDT
[#37]
PPS.

My PPS shoots better than most full size guns.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 9:57:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

What do you base that on? There is lots of "stuff" for the lc9s, including 9rd mags, laser, lights, etc. Everyone makes a holster for it. The 43 hasn't been out nearly as long as the others, so let's see how it's long term durability shakes out.
I have both a glock 43 and an lc9s pro. The ruger trigger kicks the glock trigger's ass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He get's his basis on the fact that the Shield is cheaper and performs better than the G43. Plus seven and eight factory trumps a factory six.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 10:42:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
He get's his basis on the fact that the Shield is cheaper and performs better than the G43. Plus seven and eight factory trumps a factory six.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brand backing? Ruger has outsdanding customer service.
Holsters? The lc9 series has had holsters available when the glock 43 was a dream, not reality.
Durability? The 43 needs more time to prove long term reliability.
Stuff available? Lights and lasers to fit the lc9 series before the glock was available.
This is my reply to his generalization of the pistols asked about.
Thanks to Pearce, all my glock mags hold 7 rounds.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:04:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Holsters? The lc9 series has had holsters available when the glock 43 was a dream, not reality.
Stuff available? Lights and lasers to fit the lc9 series before the glock was available.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was talking about the S&W Shield and not the LC9s.

But between the three the Shield and LC9s are the better guns. I wouldn't suggest the G43 to anyone unless they were a die hard glock fanatic who actually thinks he will die if they carry anything but glocks.
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 6:55:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Completely forgot I made this! Picked up a 43! Slide is off having forward cocking
serrations milled into it because I can't leave anything alone
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top