Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2015 8:47:44 PM EDT
I recently upgraded my cell phone and the holster clip (its a galaxy s6 in a otterbox defender) doesn't snugly fit on my gun belt (1.5").  I already carry my cell weak size, but don't want to switch to pocket carry for it.  What do ya'll do?
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 8:54:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I recently upgraded my cell phone and the holster clip (its a galaxy s6 in a otterbox defender) doesn't snugly fit on my gun belt (1.5").  I already carry my cell weak size, but don't want to switch to pocket carry for it.  What do ya'll do?
View Quote

Stick the phone in your pocket?
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 8:57:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This or, stick phone in pocket.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 10:29:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know that is the obvious answer...just seeing if anyone else had an idea.  I don't like things in my pockets, especially when I am sitting or driving.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 10:56:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wear Vertx  and Elbeco emt pants. Both brands feature cell phone pockets inside the upper thigh pockets. That's both sides - so you can carry your phone on either strong side or weak side. And of course there's no need to use a belt clip.

And for driving there's always LA police gear's house brand. They have ankle pockets for easy access while sitting.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 11:23:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I know that is the obvious answer...just seeing if anyone else had an idea.  I don't like things in my pockets, especially when I am sitting or driving.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've got a desk, as well as a dashboard with a phone mount.

I don't like carrying OWB, largely because of snagging things and ambi safeties getting knocked off while moving around in tight spaces. Phones carried on belts aren't any better about that sort of thing. I learned this when pagers were still in vogue.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 12:50:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong thread. Sorry OP
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 1:13:09 PM EDT
[#7]
not sure if this is what you mean... when I rode motorcycles, my phone rode in a Maxpedition cell pouch, but I removed the metal clip, and replaced it with a nylon belt keeper with double snaps

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 1:59:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Have you tried calling Otter and seeing if they by chance offer a different clip for the holster?
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:37:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

While driving:

If I'm wearing a shirt with pockets (most have button/velcro pockets), then my wallet is in one and my phone is in the other. If I'm not wearing a shirt with pockets, my phone goes in the cup holder or in the accessory tray.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:57:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
not sure if this is what you mean... when I rode motorcycles, my phone rode in a Maxpedition cell pouch, but I removed the metal clip, and replaced it with a nylon belt keeper with double snaps

<a href="http://s825.photobucket.com/user/LesSnyder/media/002_zpsa9cacb8a.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz180/LesSnyder/002_zpsa9cacb8a.jpg</a>
View Quote

Interseting.....might have to look at that option.  I usually wear dress pants/shirt to work.  I hardly ever have on a coat, and I spend a lot of time waking around the office checking in and doing various things, especially in the copy and print room.  I called otterbox, they don't make another clip.  The clip will fit a 1.5" belt, but the opening is not big enough for a "thick" belt.  Thanks everyone.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 4:57:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I use a red rock molle grenade pouch for my iphone. Got it in black so it looks like a regular cell phone holder.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 6:03:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Put it in your pocket..... I bet you also leave voicemails as well OP
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 6:25:49 AM EDT
[#13]
http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/CP-L-120p179.htm

I like the 5" clip on phone holster better but it won't fit anything bigger than an I5 with a lifeproof case.  Not sure if it would fit yours sans case.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 11:21:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

While driving:

If I'm wearing a shirt with pockets (most have button/velcro pockets), then my wallet is in one and my phone is in the other. If I'm not wearing a shirt with pockets, my phone goes in the cup holder or in the accessory tray.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

While driving:

This, well the cupholder part.

I've broken so many of those Otter holster I had them on speed dial. Smaller case, in your pocket. They offer a commuter and a symmetry line, still have the same protection but much smaller. I have the Symmetry and like it, S6 Edge
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 9:23:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I've broken so many of those Otter holster I had them on speed dial. Smaller case, in your pocket. They offer a commuter and a symmetry line, still have the same protection but much smaller. I have the Symmetry and like it, S6 Edge
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

While driving:

My OtterBox has held up so far. The only one to do so with this phone. I would get a thinner belt, or mod the holder with a different clip. My old phone had a flip up case that held up for 6 years. The new phones are bigger.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 9:56:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I started putting my phone in my pocket and broke the screen by doing it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 10:20:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Make my own

Link Posted: 12/9/2015 8:20:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Phone in my pocket bugs me.

I've got a 2-ply Beltman belt, and it's also too thick for the Otter clip.

I carefully cut a strip from the outer belt layer, just below the stitching. It leaves just enough room that he hook on the clip can grab it. Works fine. Otherwise the clip/case just slips off the belt.

The remaining ply has curled up some, but it still works fine. I've been using it like this for a couple of years now.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top