Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2015 9:17:11 PM EDT
Looking for a deep concealment firearm around $600-700 or less. Something in .380 or larger that can be deeply, deeply concealed.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 9:19:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 9:30:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Ummmmm.

That's a lot of $ for a pocket pistol.

Can you be more specific about your definition of "deep concealment?"

Link Posted: 11/11/2015 9:32:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Seecamp or Keltec P3AT
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 9:33:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I love my Ruger LCP, so small and light there have been times, I seriously forgot it was on me when I had it in my wallet holster. Which is why I started carrying it in a ISWB holster...does me no good if I forget I have it!
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 9:33:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Sig p238
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 9:36:58 PM EDT
[#6]
since its kind of vague I vote shield 9mm.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 9:42:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Seecamp 380 is about the smallest you will find.  

I pocket carry a LWS 32 acp daily
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 9:46:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Kahr CW380

Kel-Tec P3AT or I will even say P32
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 9:49:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Kahr P380
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 10:05:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, I put the high price tag on there because I want quality in the small size. This is for carry at work. Im seriously thinking about carrying a firearm due to what I do and where it is, but its not allowed by the employer. All is legal, but it just needs to be OOS/OOM.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 10:06:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

This looks like a viable option and I like its small size.

What is the quality on these?
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 10:27:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very high quality.  

The 380 does sting a lot when fired.   not much of a grip/   only one finger.   Your trigger finger stops the muzzle rise and it is a bit painful after a magazine or two.

I have a 380 and carried it when it was my primary, but now carry a kahr pm9 and the seecamp 32 as a back up.

For many years I only carried a seecamp.   I am an engineer and many places I went were prohibited for carry.  Like City hall and council meetings.   I was never made with the seecamp in a front pocket holster

Link Posted: 11/11/2015 11:18:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Airweight or AirLite .38 J-frame is always my choice for a BUG
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 12:11:32 AM EDT
[#14]
My vote would be for a Kahr P380.....
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 7:55:39 AM EDT
[#15]
The Seecamp is a very high quality pistol but is for very close personal encounters, within maybe fifteen feet. Conceals beautifully, though, and this thread kind of makes me wish I hadn't sold mine.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 8:35:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Below your caliber specification but for some reason lately I've been contemplating getting a NAA Pug as a BUG. .22mag with a .22lr cylinder also for practice. Night sights are a cool feature too. From what I have read they are very nicely made.

Link Posted: 11/12/2015 8:52:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Glock 43 - ankle holster carried in the ~5 oclock position on non dominant leg.

Requires a high boot to keep the holster out of sight when sitting.

All day carry, with no worries about it being seen.

This is not a fast carry option, but it is good for deep concealment IMO.

If you are chicken legged or prefer skinny jean, then any quality 380 would work in the same manner.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 8:54:12 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Below your caliber specification but for some reason lately I've been contemplating getting a NAA Pug as a BUG. .22mag with a .22lr cylinder also for practice. Night sights are a cool feature too. From what I have read they are very nicely made.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2a3vck.jpg

View Quote
I have a .22 short version I occasionally carry in a watch pocket.  The night sights are neat, but from what I have experienced the sights on these are pretty much just for looks.

Link Posted: 11/12/2015 9:15:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Smith and Wesson Bodyguard .380 conceals in the watch pocket of my American-made jeans.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 9:53:53 AM EDT
[#20]
I used to carry both a 642 as well as a .32 S&W 30-1, both of which are too large for what Im looking for. I think the Seecamp, small Kel Tec/Kahr and possibly a S&W Bodyguard in .380 might fit the bit. This has to be something that needs to never see daylight until I get home each day. And Ankle carry is out of the question with my work.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 1:11:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I used to carry both a 642 as well as a .32 S&W 30-1, both of which are too large for what Im looking for. I think the Seecamp, small Kel Tec/Kahr and possibly a S&W Bodyguard in .380 might fit the bit. This has to be something that needs to never see daylight until I get home each day. And Ankle carry is out of the question with my work.
View Quote

Any of the small .380s would work either in a tuckable IWB or a good pocket holster.  I still recommend the Kahr P380 because I think it's the best of the bunch.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 2:09:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Any of the small .380s would work either in a tuckable IWB or a good pocket holster.  I still recommend the Kahr P380 because I think it's the best of the bunch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I partially agree.   The seecamp is a little thinner, and if you can live with a 32 acp, go with the seecamp.

If you think you need a 380, go with the Kahr cw380 or p380.   They will be a little thicker, but not too thick.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 3:10:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Sig 238 for pocket carry

OR Glock 26 ankle carry doesn't get much more concealed...
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 3:48:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 9:09:04 PM EDT
[#25]
380 Seecamp yes it hurts a little but I have no intention of getting in a shootout with it. I carry it for deep conceal and places the threat level is very low.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 11:06:02 PM EDT
[#26]
What will be your method of carry? What is your required dress at work?

I've been in a similar situation with regards to working in a non-permissive environment and I found that a 642 in a belly band was better than an LCP in a pocket with regards to concealment and definitely with regards to shootability.
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 1:39:24 AM EDT
[#27]
I vote BodyGuard 380, love mine and its not bad at all to shoot.
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 10:16:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Glock 43 - ankle holster carried in the ~5 oclock position on non dominant leg.

Requires a high boot to keep the holster out of sight when sitting.

All day carry, with no worries about it being seen.

This is not a fast carry option, but it is good for deep concealment IMO.

If you are chicken legged or prefer skinny jean, then any quality 380 would work in the same manner.
View Quote

Bingo.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 4:18:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Glock 43 in a belly band by either Stoner Holsters or UnderTech.

Consider belly band, ankle, etc. types of deep concealment depending on what type of work you do. Belly band may not be good if people are in close proximity to you, may brush up against you, hug you, etc.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 10:47:46 AM EDT
[#30]
For your NPE situation, I'd recommend a Glock 43 with Trijicon HD sights (very shootable!) in a very deep/low AIWB such as smartcarry or thunderwear.  Any strongside IWB will not work due to risk of light printing.  Pocket carry always prints (albeit often as a "wallet") and may eventually bring unwanted attention from those who see you constantly.  A belly band would work as long as it was riding low (at or below beltline but in my experience the smartcarry or thunderwear will be cooler and more sustainable long term for all day use.  

You must always use bathroom stalls vs urinals & must not fidget with the holster or its contents in order to avoid any suspicion.

You'll find that most here don't take NPE carry sufficiently seriously as they cannot fully appreciate the consequences. I will several times a week "make" other CCW'ers due to poor carry techniques.  Those same folks likely tell others that they've never been made.  All it takes is getting made one time for one instant by the wrong person and in a NPE environment, depending on the totality of the circumstances, you could be out of a job, your freedom, or your life.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 4:52:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Another vote for the bodyguard. For the way I wear my pants, the s&w bodyguard 380 is as big as I can go for pocket carry. The trigger pull is long and heavy enough for safe pocket carry IMO. I trust the thumb safety. I shoot it well enough out to 10 yards. Lifetime warranty if you don't jack with it.
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 6:49:54 PM EDT
[#32]
I have a Ruger LCP with a Crimson Trace laser. One of my favorites as far as concealability is concerned.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 8:14:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 6:41:12 PM EDT
[#34]
It's going to be really difficult to beat a new Gen LCP with the upgraded internals in a front pocket with a good pocket holster and a spare mag in the opposite pocket. I carried in a VERY NPE for many years and never had an issue. I had a P32 and got rid of it. Horrid rim lock.
The lcp I have is older, but has been flawless. Cant stress the holster enough though. A good, simple leather holster. Carry the best ammo you can find and clean I once a month :)
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 9:21:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
For your NPE situation, I'd recommend a Glock 43 with Trijicon HD sights (very shootable!) in a very deep/low AIWB such as smartcarry or thunderwear.  Any strongside IWB will not work due to risk of light printing.  Pocket carry always prints (albeit often as a "wallet") and may eventually bring unwanted attention from those who see you constantly.  A belly band would work as long as it was riding low (at or below beltline but in my experience the smartcarry or thunderwear will be cooler and more sustainable long term for all day use.  

You must always use bathroom stalls vs urinals & must not fidget with the holster or its contents in order to avoid any suspicion.

You'll find that most here don't take NPE carry sufficiently seriously as they cannot fully appreciate the consequences. I will several times a week "make" other CCW'ers due to poor carry techniques.  Those same folks likely tell others that they've never been made.  All it takes is getting made one time for one instant by the wrong person and in a NPE environment, depending on the totality of the circumstances, you could be out of a job, your freedom, or your life.
View Quote

A lot of logic in the above.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 8:55:53 AM EDT
[#36]
I carry for deep concealment a Mustang XSP. Lightweight due to the polymer lower. I have cops for friends and even they ask if I'm carrying and cannot tell if I have it or not. Sits in the pocket and carry all day. Hell, I've taken naps and totally forgot that it was one me. Pretty accurate too, even for one handed.

For pocket carry, I don't want a striker and prefer a manual safety. I can have my hand on it if the situation gets even close to and no one even knows, push it off safe and easily draw. Very soft shooting, too.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 11:43:40 AM EDT
[#37]
If I want to keep my job, my gun has to absolutely, positively CONCEALED.

I have a Ruger LCP that I normally pocket carry, but when at work, I use an IWB holster (soft, cheap) intended for a slightly larger handgun. The LCP basically drops in, and nearly the entire gun sits below my belt line inside my pants. Can I get to it with lightning speed? No. But its there for emergencies, which is what the LCP is for anyway in my opinion.

Link Posted: 11/18/2015 4:52:33 PM EDT
[#38]
J-Frame in the Smart Carry diaper.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 8:55:44 PM EDT
[#39]
I had a seecamp 32Acp. Not fun to shoot but truely a wonderfully made gun. Follow the ammo advice from the website. Mine ran 100% which is rare for small guns. With it being an all metal gun it's about impossible to limp compared to say a lcp or p3at.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 11:50:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Looking for a deep concealment firearm around $600-700 or less. Something in .380 or larger that can be deeply, deeply concealed.
View Quote

I really like my Sig P290RS, it is almost exactly the same size as the smallest Kahr 9 mm pistols.  If that is still too big, the next thing in your price range will be .380.

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 3:28:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Beretta Pico is what you seek. Similar to LCP specifications but pleasant to shoot so you will not mind target practice. The Pico replaced my LCP because the LCP was hammering my trigger finger in a painful way.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 11:31:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Beretta Pico is what you seek. Similar to LCP specifications but pleasant to shoot so you will not mind target practice. The Pico replaced my LCP because the LCP was hammering my trigger finger in a painful way.
View Quote

This is a nice visual comparison of small pistols.  Having owned a G27, I would not get one of the really small .40 S&W's chambered pistols.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B22wLsyYEkTOMDU4MjJlNTktOTRlZi00NTJkLWE0MGMtZmEwNGFlMWE3ZDlm/view?pli=1
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 9:45:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

This is a nice visual comparison of small pistols.  Having owned a G27, I would not get one of the really small .40 S&W's chambered pistols.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B22wLsyYEkTOMDU4MjJlNTktOTRlZi00NTJkLWE0MGMtZmEwNGFlMWE3ZDlm/view?pli=1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

may not be accurate though, how is the XDS 4.0 23mm wide and the XD-S 3.0 30mm wide?
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 2:18:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

may not be accurate though, how is the XDS 4.0 23mm wide and the XD-S 3.0 30mm wide?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That should be an XD 3.0, not an XDS.  It is a double stack.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 6:22:46 PM EDT
[#45]
i carried a LCP in a good pocket holster(DeSantis) for years in a NPE. Never got made, That is the way to go.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 1:19:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
i carried a LCP in a good pocket holster(DeSantis) for years in a NPE. Never got made, That is the way to go.
View Quote

Exactly. It's not a range toy. It's not a combat handgun. It is what you have on you in an NPE when you absolutely cannot be found out and it is what you use when all your other plans fail. My LCP has been gathering dust, because I work from home now. I don't need to go into NPE's any more, but I keep it for when I do.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 9:28:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Kahr P380
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 3:53:05 PM EDT
[#48]
I pocket carried a Kahr CM9 my senior year of college. The only people who knew I carried it were the people I told. I still carry that gun when my G19 or BHP is too big. Be forewarned, there is a factory recommended 200ish round break in period. I experienced several failures during this time, and did not carry it until about the 300rnd mark, but my last failure was around the 150-175rnd mark. It is a fantastic little gun, but is still big enough to be shootable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top