Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2015 3:46:35 PM EDT
Never played with one before. Just wondering what yalls experiences with them has been.

I am 5'11" 245LBS wear a size 38 waist.

I am just worried that my pot gut will make it roll away from my body or just possibly push it down all together.

I have seen some people wear them much higher than waist line. Any experience with that?
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 10:02:52 PM EDT
[#1]

Use one often.

They're like $15 on Amazon.

Take a chance.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 9:22:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I almost always carry IWB (2.5" K Frame) however I have a Smart Carry for it and use it every once in a long while. It is an option; I would be a little uncomfortable with a striker fired gun in one though.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 11:24:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I really like the BB setup available from Horseshoe Leather. Only style BB I use, myself. Should've added one to my recent order, darnit!
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 2:25:24 PM EDT
[#4]
The belly band I was looking at getting was the one produced by De Santis. I generally pocket carry a G42, G26 or S&W 638. I don't think I would use the belly band holster everyday. Any of yall on the plus size like me use one? Just looking for feed back.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 5:53:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 7:39:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I use the Galco for running and occasionally with dress clothes with a Glock 43 and previously a Kahr PM9.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 11:53:07 AM EDT
[#7]
so 5' 9" 250 pounds give or take.

I wear it like a shoulder holster instead of a belly band.
harder to get to without reaching way up the shirt, but also doesn't show when I reach on to the top shelf of something.

has to be a small gun though. the butt of say a 1911 will poke out of the shirt.
beretta 86 is also a little too tall. sig 238 seems to work fine.

it is a little bad on hot days, and I switched to longer shirts and a crossbreed super tuck like holster instead. but they work ok. I just decided to switch.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 9:46:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I have one stashed somewhere. It's a Galco one I believe. I've not worn it in about 7 years. I just found it too uncomfortable. It was sweaty and I couldn't get over the feeling that it was always 'there'. I guess for short carry periods it would be ok (running or workout), but for all day wear it just didn't work for me.
I carried a G26 in mine.
I don't have a big belly either, but a very muscular build.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 8:19:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one stashed somewhere. It's a Galco one I believe. I've not worn it in about 7 years. I just found it too uncomfortable. It was sweaty and I couldn't get over the feeling that it was always 'there'. I guess for short carry periods it would be ok (running or workout), but for all day wear it just didn't work for me.
I carried a G26 in mine.
I don't have a big belly either, but a very muscular build.
View Quote

I can't wear it on bare skin. I always wear it over a moisture wicking compression undershirt.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 1:49:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I've had the same galco belly band for ten years. Obviously it's a situation specific holster, but it really excels in that role. I wear one under a dress shirt from time to time (I don't do tuckable holsters) with the pistol positioned up under my support side arm. Tear your buttons to the left, grip and go. Mostly though, I wear mine under a t-shirt when I'm in gym shorts or sweat pants. If you don't have one, get one. There is a ton of utility there for the price.

Downside is it will leave you with a really bad sweat ring.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:06:07 PM EDT
[#11]
What role does this or would this type of holster fill?  

If you have a CCW there is no requirement to conceal to 100% undetectable, so why put yourself through it?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:25:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I use a belly band on the outside of my vest but under my duty shirt, probably not the scenerio you hand in mind.  Works great for me, I keep a air weight 38 in it.  I like it a lot but it is not against bare skin.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:54:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I've been wearing this one for the last two months or so.

http://www.telortactical.com/products/comfort-air-bodyband-holster-belly-band-holster

Much more comfortable against the skin, although it does have some added bulk compared to one that is straight elastic. I have the underwraps from Galco and used it for a long time (and still do) and the width of the band gives it excellent stability.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:00:49 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a belly band and don't like it.  Feels like I'm being squeezed when wearing it and I'm paranoid the gun is going to fall out.   If I'm going in the the gym I'll wear a smart carry.  Much better system IMO.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:53:05 AM EDT
[#15]
I've used a Desantis belly band with a G26 some.  I found it uncomfortable, and I was 180 lbs and about 8-9% bodyfat at the time I tried it.  It concealed fine for me, though.  A single stack like a Shield, XDS, G42/43, etc. would flat out disappear.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:43:32 AM EDT
[#16]
These come pretty universally recommended on here from people who have one.  I am trying to decide between it and another model, mainly the Galco.  

Pistol Wear
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:46:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I really like the BB setup available from Horseshoe Leather. Only style BB I use, myself. Should've added one to my recent order, darnit!
View Quote

They have suspended manufacture of them according to his website.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:21:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
These come pretty universally recommended on here from people who have one.  I am trying to decide between it and another model, mainly the Galco.  

Pistol Wear
View Quote

Maybe it's that way with all BB, but reaching in and accidentally getting the trigger would with me.

Maybe I could make a trigger cover from kydex, and a short amount of shock cord running threw an eyelet. Would need almost zero retention.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 2:11:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Pistol Wear
View Quote

I have that one and I just haven't had great success with it so far. I got it mainly for running/jogging and while it fits that bill, it isn't necessarily "concealed". So my use is pretty specific to running,and maybe its just me but unless I drop it well below my hips and let the weapon ride in my crotchal area, it sticks out like a misshapen beer gut. I just throw a shirt over it and hit the trails, figure no one is going to stop and inspect me while I'm running. It also has to be pretty tight to work during the force of running and it does get pretty sweaty in the summer sun of Texas while running. I have carried Glock 19 and Glock 26 in there and both print pretty bad at least in shorts and t-shirts. Tried it with jeans and couldn't get them button around it. Overall not happy with the entire rig but I know lots of people that love them. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 8:24:35 PM EDT
[#20]
I carry in one daily, whenever I have to wear a tucked in shirt. I carry a 642 in mine, though I have carried up to a G29 in one. For the 642 they are about perfect for deep concealment with a tucked in shirt. You can't tell it's there by looking. Comfort is another matter. The velcro is extremely uncomfortable and without an undershirt the gun will sometimes pinch skin.

It's definitely a tool for the toolbelt. There are some situations where carrying without one would be extremely difficult and it's worth it in those cases.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 2:13:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 8:02:26 AM EDT
[#22]
I use my old Biachi BB with my 442 Pro when running.  Wear it under my shorts next to the skin.  Wipe the gun down when I'm finished.

CD
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 2:58:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The belly band I was looking at getting was the one produced by De Santis. I generally pocket carry a G42, G26 or S&W 638. I don't think I would use the belly band holster everyday. Any of yall on the plus size like me use one? Just looking for feed back.  
View Quote

Lots of material around my body created itching for me.

I used to use a smartcarry.  Wore through two of them and one belly band before trying the traditional 'gun' belt and hybrid holsters ( CompTac Spartan Slide ) worn at 8:00.
Easy re-holstering !

I wore out the 5:11 belt but before doing so, I never could get used to that system.  Hassle to get the holster onto the belt.  Hassle to tuck.  Clips showing.  One 'gun' belt for dress.  One for casual.  One brown.  One black.

Since I liked the comfort level, ease of use, complete discretion of the smart carry - I decided to use the best of both worlds.

Loopbelt with the CompTac Spartan Slide kydex with my own leather.  Zero cant and belt slots.

Put underwear on.  Put loopbelt and custom Spartan on with M&P9c.  Put the loopbelt's square rubber buckle in the back.  Get dressed as normal from there.  Shorts/jeans/sweats.  Tucked or untucked.  Normal belts or no belt.

Easy to put on.  Easy re-holstering.  No tactical belt, clips, or loops to be spotted by LE or anyone else.

Gun doesn't sag or flop around.  Velcro never comes lose. ( same with belly band and smartcarry )

I rehab houses, run 5k's, play golf, ride dirt bikes, ride bicycles...  This gun and holster system rides higher than my 'junk', so there isn't the same crowding as I got with the smartcarry.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 4:57:06 PM EDT
[#24]
I have many quality holsters. However, I need to carry a MP 9C in appendix area or roughly 1'o clock. I need it either IWB/belly band. Deep concealment, where having protection in bad areas might cost one his/her a job. So I am interested in this.
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 1:08:24 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

What role does this or would this type of holster fill?  
If you have a CCW there is no requirement to conceal to 100% undetectable, so why put yourself through it?
View Quote
The  "ROLE" is  carriage while running.

. Try THIS:                                                             from Galco

Link Posted: 10/28/2015 2:33:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Get one.

There is a bunch of different companies who make them, so you may have to tinker with sizes.

I use an UnderTech and it works for me. My fiancé uses a Stoner Holsters band and it definitely breathes easier, carries better.

With as inexpensive as belly bands are they are a good option for carrying a BUG or putting your primary carry gun into deep concealment if the situation warrants it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top