Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 10:46:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I've really been giving appendix carry a go recently. During the week I carry a Kahr CW9 in a 3Speed belly band holster. I went with a belly band because I work in a "business" environment that requires me to wear dress pants and tucked in shirts. I also live in FL so a jacket or cover garment isn't really possible, i'd stand out like a sore thumb. I also used a CompTac MTAC with the velcro clips, but I feel it printer more and requirement more attention to make sure it didn't show.

On casual days I am using a Remora no slip holster that is definitely more comfortable, although this could be because I can dress down a little too. Its nice to be able to adjust it on the fly since its not clipped in but this setup does not work with a tucked in shirt. Id like to find a good appendix holster for the Kahr that I could run all the time and not have to switch holster for the day of the week.

I also have tried running my M&P9c appendix but I don't really have a good holster for it yet. Its much bulkier so I find it much harder to conceal in business attire. I bought a Bravo Acer DG2 but I cannot find a comfortable place for it. Ive tried running it at dead 12 o'clock, 1130 (Im a lefty), and further back, but the holster has a sharp edge at the bottom that painfully digs into the crease in my leg/groin. Only way to avoid it is to run it higher up on my waist, but then I feel it shows a lot more.

I definitely don't think I am fat, but I do have a slight belly. Im 6'3 and 215lbs. Ive debated on selling the M&P to go to a G19 since there are so many great holsters out there for it. I've also been determined to lose a few pounds to see if appendix would work better with a larger gun.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 1:56:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't point a gun at anything you don't want to destroy, and I have no interest in shooting my junk off.

Kind of makes a problem with my weekend plans .

Since MN has no concealed/printing laws, and we can carry open, concealed, or a half ass combo of the two, I carry OWB at about 3-3:30. I may switch to a verticle chest rig if I can find one I like for winter, as its impossible to draw a pistol in under 20 minutes in full winter dress. Berne apparel makes winter "concealed carry" jackets, where the front outer pockets have velcro secured concealed pocket with webbing for a holster. Kind of neat but then I am pointing my pistol at my junk/femoral artery again. Plus the weapon would flop around.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 8:24:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I sit just fine, it takes some getting used to and finding the right angle.

I've got a belly too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How do you sit with appendix carry? It seems like a great option if you're standing tall all day, but driving, sitting at a desk, etc seems like it would be very uncomfortable.

I've got a belly too.

Can you please post a picture of your setup and how you carry it? I have dabbled in AIWB but hard to find what works best for me, having a starting point is a good start. I was more at 1:00 and it hurts.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 10:51:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Can you please post a picture of your setup and how you carry it? I have dabbled in AIWB but hard to find what works best for me, having a starting point is a good start. I was more at 1:00 and it hurts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How do you sit with appendix carry? It seems like a great option if you're standing tall all day, but driving, sitting at a desk, etc seems like it would be very uncomfortable.

I've got a belly too.

For sure. I'll do it tonight.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 10:21:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I recently started carrying my Glock 27 AIWB. With this minimalist kydex holster phlster  It took some getting used to but works good for me. I do have to make some adjustments when sitting. I'm 5'9" 220lbs with a belly that helps conceal the weapon. I live in NJ and any printing would likely cause people to freak out. Needless to say it is  it is alittle unnerving holstering/reholstering.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top