Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2015 10:36:19 PM EDT
What are the pros and cons of the comp tac magazine holsters (dual for m&p 9 mags) vs the kydex "pancake" ones and vice versa? I'm about to order a m&p 9 full size holster from kydex tech and can't decide if I want the mag carrier from him also or just go comp tac. I won't carry it concealed often, it will mostly be for range use and a few competitions.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:01:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Wait time plus preference. I prefer the look of the pancake carrier. I also like having color options. If I need it in a hurry, I look at Raven. If a two month wait doesn't bother me, I go with JM Custom.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 11:28:17 AM EDT
[#2]
For OWB I did the BravoConcealment dual mag kydex holster.  For IWB I did the leather Comp-tac pouch.  Been happy with them.

It will really come down to what you like and what works for you.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 6:27:35 PM EDT
[#3]
All I have ever used for competition was a cheapo bladetech setup and it worked just fine. I ended up ordering a double pouch and holster (m&p 9 w/ inforce apl) from KydexTech. If the quality is good I will probably order the same setup for my FNX-9.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:31:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For OWB I did the BravoConcealment dual mag kydex holster.  For IWB I did the leather Comp-tac pouch.  Been happy with them.

It will really come down to what you like and what works for you.
View Quote

This is the correct answer.  Don't bother with iwb if you're not going to carry everyday.  If you do get one, the Comp-tacs work great and are comfortable.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:47:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I have  Comp Tac, Raven, High Speed Gear and other random mag pouches. The Comp Tac is removed and put on with out removing belt, but sticks further out from belt, and sits lower.  Raven is very tight to belt, holds mag higher on belt, and needs to be put on with belt unbuckled. I use it daily, it hides better. The High Speed Gear are great for classes but don't hide very well.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:29:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I am pretty happy with the Kydex Tech double pouch I got and it is even concealable with just a T shirt on, although it is sorta uncomfortable. The mags hold very tight to my body and the floor plates kinda dig into my skin since I rarely wear an undershirt in the spring/summer.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 6:21:58 PM EDT
[#7]
i have a double mag carrier from ZZZ custom works, great customer service, and great product, couldnt be happier
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top