Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2015 10:57:41 PM EDT
I have an MT1C and like it and an MT1A en route.  I have surefires for work or cold weather.  Just wondering what you are carrying?  Anybody have an EC20?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:12:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a MH2C. It's longer than the options you are kicking around, but the damn thing is bright. The USB charging feature is really cool as well, to be able to charge it in a vehicle w/ a phone charger. The only thing I don't like is the fast clicks to change the Bright/Dim/Strobe/Seizure modes. It would be nice to be able to turn the head of the light or the tail cap into position for the different modes.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:34:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Carried a Nitecore D10 R2 for 6 years now, My biggest complaint with it is that it's been so good that I have not looked at any other lights for 6 years now.  I'm way out of the loop on their new product line.

Next EDC light will probably be usb chargeable.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 6:56:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I've had a couple of alkaline cells leak, so I'm using primarily Eneloop AA and AAA for casual use....I've tried to standardize to AAs for my hurricane electronics and away from the 123s except for weapon lights and a couple of Surefire and Solar Force eyeball scorchers, so switched to a Fenix E12 for pocket, and a 2014 E05  on my key ring
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 5:43:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've had a couple of alkaline cells leak, so I'm using primarily Eneloop AA and AAA for casual use....I've tried to standardize to AAs for my hurricane electronics and away from the 123s except for weapon lights and a couple of Surefire and Solar Force eyeball scorchers, so switched to a Fenix E12 for pocket, and a 2014 E05  on my key ring
View Quote

Was referring to the lights  but appreciate the information on the batteries.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 10:08:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Couple of years back I had a mix of cell sized lights and decided on 'AA' and Nitecore.

T5 on Keychain
MT1A in car
SRT3 in closet
EA41 in radio/computer room

The T5 is the only one I would call EDC as its in the pocket whenever I leave the house. All have worked well for me. I am always surprised with todays current state of LED devices using 'AA' cells.

The T5 is the exception to the 'AA' rule and the SRT3 is supplied with a CR123 from before the Nitecore switch. Once that battery and the spare is gone I will add the extension and it will be 'AA' too.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 10:47:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought a NiteCore, and it failed after two months.  I made the decision not to buy another.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 4:43:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Own numerous Nitecore lights and have given just as many as gifts. I stick with strictly AA lights and "Duraloop" batteries (Not a fan of the potential problems associated with Lion batteries, especially having 1 next to my crotch). The only issue I had was my first EA41 (2015) died after 1 week but it was quickly replaced and the new one has been solid for 4 months now. I own numerous MT2a's, MT21a's, EA41 and EA8 and have been very impressed and happy with them. They're typically a lot less than more expensive brands but in my experience just as reliable.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 5:17:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I used to carry an EX10 until the electronics went all wonky with it and it started changing brightness modes randomly (or not at all).  I got rid of it and got a Surefire E1B instead and have been much happier and more confident that it will work if/when needed.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 9:41:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought a NiteCore, and it failed after two months.  I made the decision not to buy another.

YMMV.
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 12:39:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I've been using a Nitecore P12 for about a month and I love it. So far it's held up to work and training, seems like a great light. I've got 7 years out of my SF Z2 but wanted brighter, longer lasting, and adjustable output. P12 does all that and if it last 3 years it was well worth the $50.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top