Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2015 4:15:07 PM EDT
I am currently carrying a Glock 26 AWIB with a INCOG holster.  I carry with the Glock pinky extension and I have noticed by doing this, the grips overall length starts to resemble the same grip length as the G19.  If I decided to switch to the G19 would I notice a drastic decrease in concealability?  Im 5' 8" and 162lb
I appreciate your insight on this issue.  
Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 4:41:42 PM EDT
[#1]
AIWB is the easiest way to conceal a full to midsize pistol, the G19 won't be an issue at all. FWIW I carried a G17 AIWB for many moons and have had 0 issues.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 6:18:55 PM EDT
[#2]
G19 is perfect for this
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 6:30:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
AIWB is the easiest way to conceal a full to midsize pistol, the G19 won't be an issue at all. FWIW I carried a G17 AIWB for many moons and have had 0 issues.
View Quote

I too carry my 17 and 19 aiwb with ease. Dont have a 26 yet but ill let ya know. Will the 26 fit my same holster the 19 and 17 do?
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 6:39:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I too carry my 17 and 19 aiwb with ease. Dont have a 26 yet but ill let ya know. Will the 26 fit my same holster the 19 and 17 do?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 8:45:35 PM EDT
[#5]
We are about the same size,  I carry a g23 AWIB and the bulge is barely noticeable.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 11:11:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I think you guys sold me on this. The INCOG's Length is for a G19, so I'm used to to the size of the holster and I also feel I get more out of a G19 over the G26.
Don't get me wrong, I love the 26.  But the G19 is more versatile.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 11:36:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I carry a 19 AIWB every day with no issues.  I carry in a holster made for a 17 also.  But the 17 grip sticks out a little too much for my tastes.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 9:39:58 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

G19 is perfect for this
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/19/2015 11:39:20 AM EDT
[#9]
I still can't figure out how you guys can sit down without the gun stabbing you everywhere
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 2:50:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Either way get a 17 length holster.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 2:52:15 PM EDT
[#11]
nvermind not GD

19 is GTG
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 5:30:42 PM EDT
[#12]
castiel
This is my own personal opinion (I'm not saying it's the best option for everyone) For me, it is a more practical way to carry.  Faster weapon deployment,  more efficient weapon deployment and also it is more comfortable.  Once you find that "sweet spot" for your holster, you hardly notice it is there.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 5:41:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I still can't figure out how you guys can sit down without the gun stabbing you everywhere
View Quote

+1  I wear my pants lower than my belly button, at my hips.  When I sit, the muzzle digs and pokes.  I found myself hitching my britches to my belly button before getting in cars or sitting on chairs.  

I keep going back to 4:00.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 10:59:14 PM EDT
[#14]
If you are using the G19 Incog you are giving up the main advantage of the G26, the shorter barrel and beveled slide make for an AIWB dream gun. The grip length is inconsequential. Grab an RCS Vanguard 2 for the G26 and see just how comfortable it can be.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 12:01:02 PM EDT
[#15]
I find the longer slide on the 19 helps it to carry a little better than the 26 for me. The 26 feels top heavy - most of the weight ends up being above your belt. This makes it want to lean outward, even with a pretty stiff belt (Wilderness 5 stitch)
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 7:18:47 PM EDT
[#16]
At work I carry my 27 in my 23 holster. The extra bit of grip that isn't there really does make a difference in a retail setting where I frequently have to reach above my head to get items.

Outside of work, the 23 conceals just as easily, and I rarely need to grab anything high up and worry about my shirt snagging on the butt of the gun.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 3:51:08 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm not fat by any standard and I routinely carry G19/23/17/22/35 AIWB. Belt and holster choice makes all the difference. I  use a Milt Sparks belt and Summer Special holsters for AIWB.

RC
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 12:24:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Is anyone else completely gun shy () about carrying a Glock AIWB?  I'd do a DA or revolver, but... just not comfortable with it.

And secondly I will echo the shabby feeling mentioned above.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:54:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Hi all,
There's not too much to add; much good advice is offered above.

I own both. I carry AIWB in a G19 sized "Shaggy" by CCC. that rig works great for me btw. I'm 5'8" and around 150lbs.
While I do %100 agree that it is absolutely no problem keeping a G19 hidden and the 19 does have advantages over the 26 I usually carry my 26.
My reasoning is simple: it's what I have the most experience with and shoot it better. It's just far more familiar to me. I carry the flat mag and a 19 reload. I have noticed a very slight difference in concealability. With my smaller frame the shorter grip always stays unprinted and I twist and turn and reach a lot at work. Never had a problem with the 19- but the 26 is guaranteed on me.  I got the 19 sized holster primarily for the length to better stabilize the rig and to allow me to carry either gun. It does seem to work better with the longer holster. I had a 26 sized rig that felt a bit "top-heavy".

Cheers!
-JC
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 7:50:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Is anyone else completely gun shy () about carrying a Glock AIWB?  I'd do a DA or revolver, but... just not comfortable with it.

View Quote

Reholster slowly and be deliberate about holstering the gun. Also make sure your holsters mouth is clear before inserting the gun. I press out and angle my pelvis as I reholster
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:02:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Reholster slowly and be deliberate about holstering the gun. Also make sure your holsters mouth is clear before inserting the gun. I press out and angle my pelvis as I reholster
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good advice.  I use my support hand to sweep all of my clothing (shirt, jacket, whatever) away from the holster, look directly into the holster and confirm that there is nothing around any part of the opening, then put my gun in the holster.  Don't jam it in there like you're trying to shove it out the other end.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 6:45:08 AM EDT
[#22]
I've rarely found a reason to draw and re-holster outside of training.

I load up the gun in the holster and put the whole rig on and off without taking the gun out of the holster. When I get home, the whole rig goes into the safe loaded as-is. When it's time wear it again I open the safe, un-holster, do a press check with the safe as a backstop,re-holster with it off and then put the whole rig on at once.
For dry-fire/draw practice I use a blue-gun or a triple checked empty gun.
For courses and live-fire I wear outside the waist-band at 4:00.

The times I do have to re-holster AIWB I do as mentioned above- very carefully.

Why do y'all find yourselves needing to handle a loaded gun out of it's holster aside from cleaning/administrative handling? I put it on and it stays there until (God forbid) I need it or I'm at my safe.

Cheers!
-JC
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 8:58:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I load up the gun in the holster and put the whole rig on and off without taking the gun out of the holster. When I get home, the whole rig goes into the safe loaded as-is. When it's time wear it again I open the safe, un-holster, do a press check with the safe as a backstop,re-holster with it off and then put the whole rig on at once.

Why do y'all find yourselves needing to handle a loaded gun out of it's holster aside from cleaning/administrative handling? I put it on and it stays there until (God forbid) I need it or I'm at my safe.

Cheers!
-JC
View Quote

Holstering a loaded gun at the range.  I do a good portion of my live fire practice from my concealment rig (AIWB).  The rest is with my competition stuff (OWB paddle).  Of course, there's also the age old rule that you should treat every firearm as if it's loaded at all times.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 9:13:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Cheers!
-JC
View Quote

I put it in the gun lockers when I get to work, then I'm not at work I have to use the restrooms and such. I find much more awkward to take the holster it self off and on with my G17 in it then simply drawing the firearm.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 4:35:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Well that makes sense.
I wouldn't say I'm squeamish or overly fearful about carrying AIWB. But I too am a bit uncomfortable re-bolstering it, which is why I asked.
That's why I in courses and training I wear OWB. I'm somewhat at odds with that because I carry AIWB almost always. I do a lot of dry-fire/draw practice at home from AIWB though. I would prefer to "train the way I fight", but am uncomfortable re-holsterong AIWB repeatedly live. I have done it, but carefully.
Thanks.

Cheers!
-JC
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 4:41:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Well that makes sense.
I wouldn't say I'm squeamish or overly fearful about carrying AIWB. But I too am a bit uncomfortable re-bolstering it, which is why I asked.
That's why I in courses and training I wear OWB. I'm somewhat at odds with that because I carry AIWB almost always. I do a lot of dry-fire/draw practice at home from AIWB though. I would prefer to "train the way I fight", but am uncomfortable re-holsterong AIWB repeatedly live. I have done it, but carefully.
Thanks.

Cheers!
-JC
View Quote

Do the pelvic thrust lol
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 12:42:14 PM EDT
[#27]
AIWB depends on your build more than any other IWB of carry IMO. This is why the only right answer is the one that's right for you.

I'm lean and not large statured over all.  I often wear shirts that form fit my torse, and I wear pants in my actual waist size.  A G19 is too big AIWB for me.  I can't AWIB carry more than a CM9.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 3:54:24 PM EDT
[#28]
I carry AIWB either a Glock 21SF or 34,1911 Kimber no problem just dress around it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 6:54:34 PM EDT
[#29]
I bought a pocket pistol to carry when I want to carry, but a Fobus paddle @ 4:00 with my 19 is out of the question. Uncle Mike's IWB with my 19 is OK until I have to sit down. I am not the right shape to IWB carry full time.

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 8:42:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Ok, so I have been carrying appendix for a little bit now and I love it. I am currently using the INCOG holster , it works well, but the grip prints way to much. I then ordered the Eidolon, hated it. Doesn't work for me, So I am returning it. I then just ordered a JM AIWB holster with the Extra Tuck option. Anyone have experience with these?
I swear I have wasted so much money on trying to find the right holster. It mildly reminds me of how much money I have wasted on ex girlfriends.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 6:50:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Ok, so I have been carrying appendix for a little bit now and I love it. I am currently using the INCOG holster , it works well, but the grip prints way to much. I then ordered the Eidolon, hated it. Doesn't work for me, So I am returning it.
View Quote

I hope i dont have the opposite experience you did. I had a cheapy kydex AIWB rig and the butt printed terribly so i ordered the Eidolon and i LOVE it. Carry my 19 daily(AND comfortable) and have no problems with the grip not being tucked into my body. I also just order the INCOG and it should be here tomorrow. If i have the same problem with printing i may use it to carry my 26 exclusive, i find the butt on it to conceal much easier than the 19.

For you guys that find it painful to carry appendix, is it possible that you may be wearing your pants TOO high? I know that common logic tells you to pull your pants up higher so that the gun doesnt dig into your groin, but ive actually found it to be much more comfortable with my pants a little lower, where i naturally wore them before i started carrying a firearm every day. It helps to conceal better because it sits lower on your stomach and doesnt push out the butt so far, and ive found that it falls in the crook of my groin and leg and is much less irritating that hiking my pants up to my belly button before sitting.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 9:07:49 AM EDT
[#32]
With the Eidolon, the holster itself sits so low that I can't draw comfortably.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 10:32:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
With the Eidolon, the holster itself sits so low that I can't draw comfortably.
View Quote

isnt it's ride height adjustable?
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 12:29:34 PM EDT
[#34]
It is, sorry I didn't complete what I was trying to say. I have been experimenting with both ride heights. And trying to get myself to like it, which seems to be working, slowly. With this holster there is a lot going on down there, with the wedge and claw.  It takes me some extra adjusting of my pants to get it to fall into place.
Maybe I'm just being  whiny . Regardless I haven't decided yet if I am going to keep it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 3:41:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It is, sorry I didn't complete what I was trying to say. I have been experimenting with both ride heights. And trying to get myself to like it, which seems to be working, slowly. With this holster there is a lot going on down there, with the wedge and claw.  It takes me some extra adjusting of my pants to get it to fall into place.
Maybe I'm just being  whiny . Regardless I haven't decided yet if I am going to keep it.
View Quote

If it helps, i found one ride height is a tad too low on mine and the next slot up sits just enough above the beltline to allow me a full grip on the gun when drawing.

I agree its a lot to take in when you open that package and see about 14 bags of hardware and optional mounts, but i started simple and like it that way. I only run one clip on the grip side, and the downward facing claw and it works great for me. Pushes the grip of my 19 into my little bit of fluff and all but disappears under a t shirt.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:30:43 AM EDT
[#36]
i carry in the same location and i carry a little bit of everything. i carry a g19,23,36, and 26. while all easily concealed i prefer the 26 because of the shorter barrel and it doesnt get in the way as much when i lean over or bend over or sit down. i also ride a crotch rocket while carrying and it is also more comfortable with the 26.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:36:14 AM EDT
[#37]
No worries, Glock Safe!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top