Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2015 10:44:16 AM EDT
So, I am trying to get used to carrying IWB with a Springfield XD-S 3.3? 9mm.

Question 1: Do you guys keep it IWB when in the car? Or do you pull it and place elsewhere while driving? Just curious as I drove to work today and it sticks me in the leg the whole way.

Thanks for fielding a dumb question.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 10:55:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Just holster/gun choice...I drove from CO to FL with a CCO size 45 IWB(Sparks summer special) pretty much on my hip the whole way.

That is a pretty small carry gun, so might be the holster.  What kind?
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 11:00:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So, I am trying to get used to carrying IWB with a Springfield XD-S 3.3? 9mm.

Question 1: Do you guys keep it IWB when in the car? Or do you pull it and place elsewhere while driving? Just curious as I drove to work today and it sticks me in the leg the whole way.

Thanks for fielding a dumb question.
View Quote

It shouldn't be anywhere near your leg.  Where are you carrying it?  If 12 o'clock is your belt buckle, where on the clock face is it?

I carry mine(glock 30) about 4:30 with a theis holster and a good belt, I barely notice it in the car.  There's no way I would be able to draw it quickly in the car from that position, but I don't unholster every time I get in the car.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 11:07:59 AM EDT
[#3]
ooooOOOO.  4:30 sounds interesting. I just have it in band around the 1:30 mark, so you can imagine how it sits pointing at my leg.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 11:21:57 AM EDT
[#4]
My car has some pretty good bolsters, so anything between 2-5 oclock is a bit awkward, so I tend to go SOB around 5:00 with a small gun, or if I'm going to be doing more driving than anything else and am dressed for it, crossdraw.  A bit unconventional, but it works for me.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 11:38:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I carry a G19 IWB at 4:30 and its no problem to carry in the car.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 11:56:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ooooOOOO.  4:30 sounds interesting. I just have it in band around the 1:30 mark, so you can imagine how it sits pointing at my leg.
View Quote

Any particular reason you chose 1:30?
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 12:04:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Didn't even think much about it. The guy at the range I bought from wore there.
I'll be trying 4:30 the rest of the day.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 12:07:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Didn't even think much about it. The guy at the range I bought from wore there.
I'll be trying 4:30 the rest of the day.
View Quote

Yeah, try everything.  Peoples bodies are different.  Some people hate 4:30 and really enjoy 3:00, 3:30, 6:00...cross draw(which I really don't like for more than just comfort reasons)

Whatever works the best for you is what you should use.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 3:08:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you mean that it's just tucked into the waste band with no holster?
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 3:17:18 PM EDT
[#10]
No. It is in a holster.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 1:24:33 AM EDT
[#11]
I always keep my gun in the holster when I am carrying unless I need it (haven't so far) or am putting it away in the safe for the night.  I think carrying it in a consistent place/manner is good practice.  I carry IWB at my 3:00-3:30, and when I am driving it nestles right in between my hip and the seat belt buckle.  I have never had a problem with it, I recommend experimenting with different carry positions to figure out what works best with standing, running, sitting, bending over, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top