Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/4/2015 8:53:00 PM EDT
Realtor chick hugged the SO then turned to me.  I read somewhere to go low with your arms so they go high.  It worked.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 8:53:45 PM EDT
[#1]
underhooks ftw!
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 8:56:07 PM EDT
[#2]
right arm goes down, left arm up. course i am a righty and i use a belly band most days...
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 8:58:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Let them get a good feel and then tell them how safe they are in your presence.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 9:01:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Just say, "Yes that's all me and yes I'm glad to see you "
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 9:25:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I was carrying at church.  a lady came up next to me and put her hand on my lower back/waist and said how is going. she had her hand right ontop of my pistol. Not a word about it was said. She probably thought it was a medical device. LOL
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 9:30:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't squeeze to hard that's my colostomy bag.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 9:53:52 PM EDT
[#7]
lead with your dick and she wont even get close to getting her arms around you

Link Posted: 1/4/2015 9:56:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't squeeze to hard that's my colostomy bag.
View Quote

That's Great

I have been hugged and so far NO ONE has ever noticed, during the winter months I carry OWB at three o'clock using a untucked shirt or jacket to cover.

But If I am ever outed by a hug will use the Colostomy Bag idea. Bet they never ask again.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 12:14:23 AM EDT
[#9]
I had a woman whom I know pat me on the hip as we passed, the look on her face when she realized that what she felt was steel instead of flesh was priceless.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 12:28:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Wait, are we supposed to be ashamed that we carry a handgun?

Huh, I guess I've been doing it all wrong.

Colostomy bag?  For real?  
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:06:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Wait, are we supposed to be ashamed that we carry a handgun?

Huh, I guess I've been doing it all wrong.

Colostomy bag?  For real?  
View Quote

One day my boss called me to see if I could come help her move a desk. I agreed to come over after the football game I was watching was over. Happened to be Open Carrying, and she was shocked I was blatantly carrying a gun. I just said, it's my day off, you want help with the desk or not?

Didn't have to acknowledge that at work I keep it concealed, and she didn't press the issue. If she'd asked, I would have been honest that I'd been carrying a gun at work every day since she hired me.

We have no employee handbook and nothing was ever said about weapons, so I operate under a DADT policy.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:15:03 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't try and hug any different way just so people don't know I'm carrying.  Almost like you are ashamed or embarrassed that you carry.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:34:45 AM EDT
[#13]
I dont hug people Im not either related to or sleeping with.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 2:34:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Shame or embarrassment has nothing to do with OPSEC.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:45:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Shame or embarrassment has nothing to do with OPSEC.
View Quote

Oh, my bad.  I wasn't aware you were on an OP.

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:21:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Yes, go low.   But really if she felt your gun she probably either would not notice or assume it was something else.  Really, a lot of non-gun people are just oblivious about how many CCW holders are out there.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:23:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I don't try and hug any different way just so people don't know I'm carrying.  Almost like you are ashamed or embarrassed that you carry.
View Quote

Huh?  He just wants OPSEC and maybe in a given situation he just doesn't want the hassle of explaining concealed carry to a clueless person.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:45:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Huh?  He just wants OPSEC and maybe in a given situation he just doesn't want the hassle of explaining concealed carry to a clueless person.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or not mind that they find out/notice but sometimes they're not clued in enough to not blurt out loud that you're carrying when you're in public.  I had to tell my boss to stop referring to me as a gun guy to people I didn't know.  He thought it was cool that I knew a fair amount about guns but I had to tell him to stop it as I wanted a modicum of opsec.

Oh, just to be clear I don't hug my boss, just discussing opsec.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 11:11:58 AM EDT
[#19]
My favorite "getting made" moment was getting a hug from my 7yo nephew.  He comes up and hugs me at about waist height, does the screwed face look as he realizes that there is something behind my back.

"Is that a G-U-N?" he whispers.

The kid did a damn good job being discrete and I'm still proud of him!
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 11:27:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Anyone who regularly hugs me knows that I carry.

My best 'outing' was some little elementary punk (son of a friend) thought it would be funny to try to sneak up and punch me in the kidney.  Nearly broke his hand on my G29.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 12:19:24 PM EDT
[#21]
I got made on a first date she went low and I had no where to go and she had her arms around me before I knew it.  She got a whole hand full of Glock and I got the puzzled what is that look.  She released the hug and did not say a word but with a look at me ok this is happening nod and never said another thing about it the whole night.  She even later on in the night hit herself on the slide.

The best is when an older lady gives you a hug, asks in front of everyone and aloud what you have on your back.  I always reply it is my musical instrument.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 12:59:54 PM EDT
[#22]
I've had a few older ladies hug me at church.  One of them caught me off guard and hugged me low (5" Kimber in OWB at 3-4 o'clock) but she didn't say anything and kept a poker face.  Several men in my church know that I CC.  A county deputy in my church CC's while he's playing bass guitar on stage.  He knows that I CC, but the vast majority don't have a clue.  We have several policemen that attend our church, I've came out and asked them if they CC'd off duty; a few do, but most don't.  I'm amazed at that.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:09:32 PM EDT
[#23]
I always get an "I love youuuu" when someone hugs me and realizes I am carrying
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:14:40 PM EDT
[#24]
when they move in for the hug sneeze in their face!

But for real It happens to me all the time, luckily its people that know me and shrug it off. I am not sure what I would do if it was a random person I wasn't comfortable with them knowing I had a gun, probably really would sneeze in their face.....
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 2:39:48 PM EDT
[#25]
If I let some one close enough to me to get a hug. They already knowme well enough to also know that I'm always armed.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 5:54:31 PM EDT
[#26]
I try to not let any one know I am carrying a gun.

If I have to use it I want the surprise to be on my side.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 7:40:49 PM EDT
[#27]
My much younger cousin slapped my G19 on Christmas Day (was IWB) and she freaked when she realized what it was. Her mother is VERY anti gun. Was pretty funny when the family was split in half in a huge debate over CC.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:35:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I dont hug people Im not either related to or sleeping with.
View Quote

This. This hugging **** has gotten WAY out of hand in the last dozen years or so.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:48:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I got made on a first date she went low and I had no where to go and she had her arms around me before I knew it.  She got a whole hand full of Glock and I got the puzzled what is that look.  She released the hug and did not say a word but with a look at me ok this is happening nod and never said another thing about it the whole night. She even later on in the night hit herself on the slide.

The best is when an older lady gives you a hug, asks in front of everyone and aloud what you have on your back.  I always reply it is my musical instrument.
View Quote

I read this with what I can only characterize as "wild surmise".
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:54:49 PM EDT
[#30]
When I see a hug coming I extend my hand to shake. A woman is supposed to initiate the handshake, so I'm breaking the rule there, but it works. They can accept the shake, or skewer themselves on an outstretched arm.

I'm in construction, so I don't have many guys trying to hug me.

My wife is always hugging me. She always feels for my gun and goes "pew, pew, pew". This is extremely annoying.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:04:50 PM EDT
[#31]
I've always told them it was a heart monitor the doctor Wanted me to wear for a few days....

Never had anyone ask anymore...
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:38:44 PM EDT
[#32]
I had an older lady bump me in the side during an wedding, she stood there for a second looking at me and ask me:

"Are you expecting trouble, young man?"

I said:

"No ma'am, if I was expecting trouble I would have brought my rifle".

She smiled and carried on....
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 12:42:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My wife is always hugging me. She always feels for my gun and goes "pew, pew, pew". This is extremely annoying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

For some reason I find this freaking hilarious!

Quoted:
I had an older lady bump me in the side during an wedding, she stood there for a second looking at me and ask me:

I said:

Nice!
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 1:19:27 AM EDT
[#34]
I usually carry appendix so unless they're getting super close it's not really a problem.

One time I had a friend get discovered by a girl who hugged him when we were leaving and he told her it was a portable answering machine. When she said huh?, he said when trouble calls, it answers. Then did the Horatio Caine sunglasses move and walked out. I rost.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 1:23:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
he said when trouble calls, it answers. Then did the Horatio Caine sunglasses move and walked out.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/6/2015 10:50:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I try to not let any one know I am carrying a gun.

If I have to use it I want the surprise to be on my side.
View Quote

I'd rather the people I'm with know, so they can get down/out of the way should the need arise
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 9:51:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Usually keep my right hand down about waist level and lead with my left (1911 @ 3:30)...steers their left hand over my arm to shoulder area.
I could be wrong but...seems my brothers girlfriend, who knows, try's to bust me...innocently, unknown to others,with nothing said of course
Sometimes with a room full of people ...just fishing I guess.
Mostly just family and friends and I'm sure none would be shocked...maybe a couple would be offended but.....
they'd have to get over it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 9:36:29 AM EDT
[#38]
My kid hugs me and purposely hugs the gun, too. I find that irritating.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 10:34:29 AM EDT
[#39]
I have only been discovered by a hug once, it was on a first date. She hugged me and felt the gun, then she showed me her glock.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 11:35:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
If I let some one close enough to me to get a hug. They already knowme well enough to also know that I'm always armed.
View Quote

Pretty much sums it up for me as well!
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 2:36:56 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I said:

View Quote
thread winner right there

Link Posted: 1/9/2015 9:16:34 PM EDT
[#42]
I give hug with left hand and protect my gun with the right so they never feel a thing
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 5:00:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I have only been discovered by a hug once, it was on a first date. She hugged me and felt the gun, then she showed me her glock.
View Quote

Classic
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 3:27:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

You married her right?
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 3:35:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Realtor chick hugged the SO then turned to me.  I read somewhere to go low with your arms so they go high.  It worked.
View Quote

First home?      realtor chick don't gaf.  Just wants the $$$

You could have a fucking Nuke strapped to your back.   Guess what?     She's gonna go for the commission every time.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 12:01:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You could have a fucking Nuke strapped to your back.   Guess what?     She's gonna go for the commission every time.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I still can't figure out what the OP was he was running that involved a realtor.  I guess it's classified.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 7:24:35 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I usually carry appendix so unless they're getting super close it's not really a problem.

One time I had a friend get discovered by a girl who hugged him when we were leaving and he told her it was a portable answering machine. When she said huh?, he said when trouble calls, it answers. Then did the Horatio Caine sunglasses move and walked out. I rost.
View Quote

I for the life of me will never understand why people aim a loaded weapon at their junk
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:56:05 PM EDT
[#48]
I always hug under the arms of the lady who wants to I've me a hug at parties or family gatherings so they never feel my gun.

Never a problem, although the ladies love to hug me.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:11:15 AM EDT
[#49]
What's up with all this hugging of people you barely know? haven't you people ever heard of stranger danger? Seriously though if we aren't related or bumping uglies than we aren't hugging.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:57:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Never been worried about a hug even a church half the old ladies carry around here
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top