Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/20/2014 1:51:20 PM EDT
How the hell do you do it.  I've been trying a new AIWB holster for the last couple of days, and I can't stand how the gun is digging into me. I'm only carrying a G27, I don't see how you could (comfortably) carry anything bigger than that AIWB.  Am I missing something?  I love how it conceals, but hate how it feels.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:34:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I carry a G23 or a G27, top of slide is at my centerline. It's all about finding that sweet spot where the holster works with your body. I carry both in a G23 holster, and the extra length really helps cutting down on the gun jabbing my thigh. For me the longer holster follows my leg better. I used to carry my 27 in a 27 holster, but ditched that quickly. The shorter length got caught in my thigh too easily.

That's just what works for me though, it's different for everyone. One of my friends just can't make AIWB work, but he's a little heavier set.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:26:06 PM EDT
[#2]
The longer the gun, the less it digs into you.  Low rise pants aren't good either.  You want the pressure from your belt up in your gut, not along your pelvic bone.  I also find 1.5" belt is better than a 1.75" as the bottom of the wider belt presses the pistol into my pelvic bone.

What holster?

ETA:  Digs into your gut or pelvic bone?

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:50:40 AM EDT
[#3]
1) What holster?
2) What belt?
3) What pant size? (Do you carry IWB already)

I carry a G17 every day with a JM Custom holster and have really grown to like it. Moving it an inch or two in either direction can make a huge difference in comfort. A good, heavy 1 3/4 belt makes a HUGE difference as well. A Wilderness instructor 5 stitch or Völund Atlas really helps keep everything in place.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:49:37 AM EDT
[#4]
It's a no name kydex holster I picked up at a local shop.  I'll try to post pictures later.  Belt is 1.5" Blackhawk rigger's belt.  And it's digging into the pelvic bone for the most part.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:59:31 AM EDT
[#5]
P239 in a JM Kydex holster. I love it, I can't carry at 4 o'clock anymore since I've gotten so used to this set up. Holster rides in the inside on my right thigh and I am built thin. I have no issues getting in and out of the car or sitting down for a long time. I can cover up with just a t shirt just fine most of the time too.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:41:46 AM EDT
[#6]
CZ p07 in jm custom. I like the other people who responded would like to see what holster your running. Aiwb really is holster dependent
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:50:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's a no name kydex holster I picked up at a local shop.  I'll try to post pictures later.  Belt is 1.5" Blackhawk rigger's belt.  And it's digging into the pelvic bone for the most part.
View Quote

Slide it a touch closer to centerline. IM me if you want to borrow a spare JM Custom I have. It's made for a G34 so it'll help spread the load. I've found 17 sized holsters to be the best sized for appendix, long enough to help conceal but short enough to not restrict free movement. I ordered the 34 to give it a try and it is a bit too long for me as I work off a ladder, crawl under houses, and traverse attics at work. It's made for a 1 3/4 belt but you can at least get the idea.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:15:24 PM EDT
[#8]
All right, here's the holster.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:01:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, that holster wouldn't work well at all for me. A longer holster makes a huge difference for me as far as concealment and comfort goes, a short holster tries to flip over my belt and won't stay in place. I also really prefer rigid belt loops as the soft loops allow too much flop for me.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:47:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I carry a Shield AIWB. Even moving your holster a wee bit from where you've been uncomfortably carrying can make a difference. I use a single clip Kydex holster on a rigid belt. Maybe try moving it a little bit more back towards your hip. Just try different spots on your belt and see what works best.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:43:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Longer holsters carry more comfortably up to a point. My G34 is quite uncomfortable AIWB as it is just too long. The 17 and 19 both carry more comfortably than the 26 though.

I also think the loop is in the wrong place on your holster. It is along the slide which is pulling the slide into you and allowing the grip to turn outward. It would conceal better AND be more comfortable with the loop closer to the grip.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:28:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Try it with a holster specifically designed for AIWB such as these:
http://dalefrickeholsters.com/product/archangel-appendix-carry/
http://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/AIWB.html

Keep in mind also you with a gun of that grip size, the grip is short and will ride close to the top of your belt with a standard belt loop. You are going to want to get a high ride belt loop for that type of gun so you can actually wrap your draw hand's fingers around the grip of the gun, without grinding your knuckles on the top of your belt. If the short grip of the gun is too close to your belt, it will slow down your draw and if done repeatedly you will rub the skin right off the top of your knuckles.

Take a look at this pic for instance, you want some space between your grip and the top of your belt so you can quickly get a full finger grip around the gun and draw it.

Also the ideal spot for comfort IMO is the crease between your groin and inner thigh.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:49:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I carry (well, carried rather before I moved to this shithole of a state) a G19 AIWB in an INCOG. Took me a little getting used to, but I just played with it and wore it around the house until I found the "sweet spot."
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 1:35:17 AM EDT
[#14]
+ 1 for the Dale Fricke AIWB holster. Wilderness Instructor belt with the "buckle" offset at about 2 o'clock.  I carry a G23 in one and I think its the best holster I've ever used.  Quality is A#1     Spend a little extra money and carry all the time!

PS  Airforcewes....what belt is that your using there?
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 2:04:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
+ 1 for the Dale Fricke AIWB holster.  I carry a G23 in one and I think its the best holster I've ever used.  Quality is A#1     Spend a little extra money and carry all the time!

PS  Airforcewes....what belt is that your using there?
View Quote

That isn't a pic of me, just a pic off a holster site I used to illustrate how a handgun should be situated in the AIWB position. I'm not sure what belt that is. I personally use an Ares Gear Ranger belt.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 10:54:51 AM EDT
[#16]
I carry a G17 every day. I found that I prefer a fullsize over a  compact when I carry AIWB. I also use a foam wedge for extra tuck and a soft contact point. I carry about 1-2" from center line, with a Volund 1.75" Atlas belt.

g17 by 4DAIVIPAI2K5, on Flickr
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 2:25:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote
I personally have switched back to leather for AIWB.  Leather will stretch at the bottom of the belt, nylon bunches up because it won't contour.

Your holster is not AIWB.  Get one from JM custom, Keeper's Concealment, or Nuosu.  All are good options, each with their pros and cons.  IMO AIWB hosters are a balance of comfort, bulk, and tuck.  Each of the holsters listed are balanced differently.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 3:46:36 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I personally have switched back to leather for AIWB.  Leather will stretch at the bottom of the belt, nylon bunches up because it won't contour.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Your holster is not AIWB.  Get one from JM custom, Keeper's Concealment, or Nuosu.  All are good options, each with their pros and cons.  IMO AIWB hosters are a balance of comfort, bulk, and tuck.  Each of the holsters listed are balanced differently.
I really like the holster I got from Nuosu.  I wasn't sure about the wedge at first but it really pulls the grip in closer to the body for better concealment and is pretty comfortable holster for aiwb, which can be hard to accomplish.

Link Posted: 12/25/2014 3:52:48 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I really like the holster I got from Nuosu.  I wasn't sure about the wedge at first but it really pulls the grip in closer to the body for better concealment and is pretty comfortable holster for aiwb, which can be hard to accomplish.  
Keepers also has the foam wedge, but I think Nuosu has a better shape.  It will tuck both vertically and horizontally.

Link Posted: 12/25/2014 11:22:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Keepers also has the foam wedge, but I think Nuosu has a better shape.  It will tuck both vertically and horizontally.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plus that nuosu dude is sexy
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 12:54:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 11:08:46 PM EDT
[#22]
For the love of God get a real holster for AIWB and not some shit off brand holster.  I personally recommend JM Custom or Custom Carry Concepts Shaggy.  It sounds counter intuitive but if you are carrying a compact pistol get a holster for a full size gun as a shorter holster will tend to cant outward due to the weight.  A real AIWB holster will have some sort of wedge to tuck the butt of the grip in tight, and will have the proper spacing for kydex loops or pull the dot loops.  If you need a decent holster quickly you could also go with a Dale Frinckle Archangel, however I recommend JM or CCC as the Archangel tends to be more of a straight drop and the JM and CCC have a very slight curve to them.  This works better for me however YMMV.  Some people love the Raven VG2 however it's not for me, but it is a fairly cheap option that you can get in a matter of days.

For the record I carry a MP9FS w/ TLR3 10-12 hours a day in a JM Custom holster with the extra tuck option with a ARES Ranger belt.  Once you get AIWB dialed in you'll realize you can carry a bigger gun and conceal just the same as a compact.

Oh and I always carry wearing an undershirt otherwise whatever I'm carrying will hurt like hell.

Link Posted: 12/29/2014 8:10:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Oh and I always carry wearing an undershirt otherwise whatever I'm carrying will hurt like hell.

View Quote

Agree X 100!
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 4:17:59 PM EDT
[#24]
AIWB can either be the most or least comfortable depending on the holster.

The way most people here carry AIWB doesn't work for me and frankly, I have no idea how it works for them.  I'm 5'8", 170lbs of average build and a FS either digs under my ribs or cuts the circulation off to my leg/right nut.  Even with a compact like a Shield, +/- 1" of holster height is all that it takes to go from uncomfortable to unnoticeable.

Bear in mind, this only applies to sitting or bending over.  I have sciatica and other lower back problems and cannot carry anything larger than a LCP (which has got to be the worst, most craptastic pistol I've ever owned) IWB at 5:00.  In fact, my LCP is unreliable after about 4-5 rounds but my carry locations are limited due to the back so I'm stuck with it for now.

Dialed in correctly, AIWB is comfortable but still limits movement (at least for me).  When I had a Shield with the perfect, homemade AIWB, I could sit comfortably in a vehicle but it was uncomfortable in my recliner and dug under my ribs if I was tying my shoes.

Bottom line for me, AIWB is perfect if I'll be standing alot.  For a full range of movement, 5:00 is still the best option for IWB.  One other thing that I've noticed is that I could not tuck my shift with AIWB.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 11:59:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The way most people here carry AIWB doesn't work for me and frankly, I have no idea how it works for them.  I'm 5'8", 170lbs of average build and a FS either digs under my ribs or cuts the circulation off to my leg/right nut.  Even with a compact like a Shield, +/- 1" of holster height is all that it takes to go from uncomfortable to unnoticeable.

Bear in mind, this only applies to sitting or bending over.  I have sciatica and other lower back problems and cannot carry anything larger than a LCP (which has got to be the worst, most craptastic pistol I've ever owned) IWB at 5:00.  In fact, my LCP is unreliable after about 4-5 rounds but my carry locations are limited due to the back so I'm stuck with it for now.

Dialed in correctly, AIWB is comfortable but still limits movement (at least for me).  When I had a Shield with the perfect, homemade AIWB, I could sit comfortably in a vehicle but it was uncomfortable in my recliner and dug under my ribs if I was tying my shoes.

Bottom line for me, AIWB is perfect if I'll be standing alot.  For a full range of movement, 5:00 is still the best option for IWB.  One other thing that I've noticed is that I could not tuck my shift with AIWB.
View Quote

You might be having problems because the shield is such a short gun.  Maybe your leg is pressing up on the bottom of the holster when you move and then pushing the gun up jamming you in the ribs.  A longer holster would ensure that the holster stays "locked in" the crease between your leg and groin.  Longer holster = better for AIWB.  Sounds jacked up and reverse of what you'd think but when I carried a MP9C I had AIWB holsters made specific to that gun and it sucked for comfort.  

You can absolutely tuck in your shirt for AIWB.  I carry a MP9FS and TLR-3 daily in business casual (slacks and button up shirt) with nothing showing, using my regular AIWB holster.  No stupid C clips, or velcro, or anything like that.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 1:59:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Keep in mind also you with a gun of that grip size, the grip is short and will ride close to the top of your belt with a standard belt loop. You are going to want to get a high ride belt loop for that type of gun so you can actually wrap your draw hand's fingers around the grip of the gun, without grinding your knuckles on the top of your belt. If the short grip of the gun is too close to your belt, it will slow down your draw and if done repeatedly you will rub the skin right off the top of your knuckles.

Take a look at this pic for instance, you want some space between your grip and the top of your belt so you can quickly get a full finger grip around the gun and draw it.
http://www.jmcustomkydex.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/lg/AIWBd.jpg

Also the ideal spot for comfort IMO is the crease between your groin and inner thigh.
View Quote

That looks danged uncomfortable with such a big pistol!
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 2:10:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You might be having problems because the shield is such a short gun.  Maybe your leg is pressing up on the bottom of the holster when you move and then pushing the gun up jamming you in the ribs.  A longer holster would ensure that the holster stays "locked in" the crease between your leg and groin.  Longer holster = better for AIWB.  Sounds jacked up and reverse of what you'd think but when I carried a MP9C I had AIWB holsters made specific to that gun and it sucked for comfort.  

You can absolutely tuck in your shirt for AIWB.  I carry a MP9FS and TLR-3 daily in business casual (slacks and button up shirt) with nothing showing, using my regular AIWB holster.  No stupid C clips, or velcro, or anything like that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, when I carry my G23 or G27 AIWB it's in the G23 holster, and I have no issues.

Tried carrying my Shield appendix, and that was just uncomfortable. Holster kept digging into my thigh, but with my Glock holster, it stays positioned perfect in the crease where my thigh meets body.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 12:19:26 PM EDT
[#28]
You HAVE to use a dedicated, purpose built AIWB holster.  JM Custom, CCC Shaggy, or JRC (if you like leather).

The "no name" holster is your problem.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 12:33:59 PM EDT
[#29]

2014-01-22 09.29.46 by DancesWithGSD, on Flickr

This is what I use.  Very basic.  The Raven Vanguard II.  Just covers the trigger guard and has a belt loop with a snap.  Perfect for AIWB.  And conceals a real gun.  Also has the mobility to move around as you change positions, such as getting in and out of vehicles.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 12:40:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
[email=https://www.flickr.com/photos/115147318@N08/12092604634/]https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7305/12092604634_5556113cb1.jpg[/email]

This is what I use.  Very basic.  The Raven Vanguard II.  Just covers the trigger guard and has a belt loop with a snap.  Perfect for AIWB.  And conceals a real gun.  Also has the mobility to move around as you change positions, such as getting in and out of vehicles.
View Quote

You can't train with it (draw, shoot, and reholster) and it sucks flat out compared to a purpose built AIWB holster with a wedge to tuck the pistol.  Spend some money on a real holster, I know from experience.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 12:50:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You can't train with it (draw, shoot, and reholster) and it sucks flat out compared to a purpose built AIWB hostler with a wedge to tuck the pistol.  Spend some money on a real holster, I know from experience.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
[email=https://www.flickr.com/photos/115147318@N08/12092604634/]https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7305/12092604634_5556113cb1.jpg[/email]

You can't train with it (draw, shoot, and reholster) and it sucks flat out compared to a purpose built AIWB hostler with a wedge to tuck the pistol.  Spend some money on a real holster, I know from experience.

I use a kydex iwb to train with.  In a real life self defense situation, I don't require the ability to reholster quickly.  It's worth the trade-off, to me anyways, of not having a bulky and restricting holster.  Also I wouldn't reholster a loaded pistol while pointing at my balls anyways.  I usually train from the 3:00 position and just practice draws from AIWB.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 12:52:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I use a kydex iwb to train with.  In a real life self defense situation, I don't require the ability to reholster quickly.  It's worth the trade-off, to me anyways, of not having a bulky and restricting holster.  Also I wouldn't reholster a loaded pistol while pointing at my balls anyways.  I usually train from the 3:00 position and just practice draws from AIWB.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Curious, which AIWB holsters do you define as "bulky and restrictive?"

Also, reholstering is something you do in training classes and in competition.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 1:01:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The supertuck/minotaur style iwb holsters I would consider less comfortable than just using the VII.  I'm sure there are some dedicated AIWB that I would like.  But for me anyways, it ain't broke so I'm probably not going to fix it.  And like I said, I'm not going to reholster a live gun pointing at my junk.   I'm well aware of the necessity of reholstering in order to train.  I've taken handgun classes, which is actually where I found out about the VII.  The guy who was teaching a class used one personally every day to CCW his g19.  I tried it and liked it.  The real benefit is that it moves with you, but yet is secure.  And, if you don't want to carry at your appendix, you can move it to 3:00, or wherever.  Also, you can unload and charge the gun without ever exposing the trigger, which is pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 2:40:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The supertuck/minotaur style iwb holsters I would consider less comfortable than just using the VII.  I'm sure there are some dedicated AIWB that I would like.  But for me anyways, it ain't broke so I'm probably not going to fix it.  And like I said, I'm not going to reholster a live gun pointing at my junk.   I'm well aware of the necessity of reholstering in order to train.  I've taken handgun classes, which is actually where I found out about the VII.  The guy who was teaching a class used one personally every day to CCW his g19.  I tried it and liked it.  The real benefit is that it moves with you, but yet is secure.  And, if you don't want to carry at your appendix, you can move it to 3:00, or wherever.  Also, you can unload and charge the gun without ever exposing the trigger, which is pretty sweet.
View Quote

You haven't tried the good AIWB holsters like the ones I previously mentioned.  

Reholstering AIWB can be done safely, especially with a hammer fired weapon or one with the Gadget.  I personally think that the VII is good for protecting the trigger guard in my range bag and that's it.  It does not tuck the weapon nor hold it one spot so it gives up comfort and concealment to the purpose built holsters.  It also makes people like you think that it's a viable AIWB holster.  I understand that it works for you and that's cool but for those that train with and compete with their pistols in AIWB, it's not even a choice.  And again, it's far more uncomfortable than say a JM Custom AIWB with extra tuck, zero cant, and split kydex loop.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 3:50:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Reholstering AIWB can be done safely, especially with a hammer fired weapon or one with the Gadget.  I personally think that the VII is good for protecting the trigger guard in my range bag and that's it.  It does not tuck the weapon nor hold it one spot so it gives up comfort and concealment to the purpose built holsters.  It also makes people like you think that it's a viable AIWB holster.  I understand that it works for you and that's cool but for those that train with and compete with their pistols in AIWB, it's not even a choice.  And again, it's far more uncomfortable than say a JM Custom AIWB with extra tuck, zero cant, and split kydex loop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe I'll give the one you suggested a try since one can't have enough gun stuff.  What style guard do you use?
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 1:14:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Maybe I'll give the one you suggested a try since one can't have enough gun stuff.  What style guard do you use?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Medium.  Keep me posted on your purchase.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 2:09:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

I will probably be ordering a JMC AIWB holster soon.  I have carried AIWB holster as long as 16 hours daily at times.  Do you find the extra tuck to be less comfortable than the no tuck?  Also does the extra tuck really keep the muzzle oriented away from you body much more during reholstering as compared to the no tuck?
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 2:12:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I will probably be ordering a JMC AIWB holster soon.  I have carried AIWB holster as long as 16 hours daily at times.  Do you find the extra tuck to be less comfortable than the no tuck?  Also does the extra tuck really keep the muzzle oriented away from you body much more during reholstering as compared to the no tuck?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In order.  No.  Kinda, you can add a foam bumper/wedge if you like.  The key is to reholster slowly and using the grip, angle the muzzle outwards.

You CANNOT go wrong with JM Custom.  FYI, they have never sent me a free holster.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 3:17:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

In order.  No.  Kinda, you can add a foam bumper/wedge if you like.  The key is to reholster slowly and using the grip, angle the muzzle outwards.

You CANNOT go wrong with JM Custom.  FYI, they have never sent me a free holster.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do the part in red already, I was just wondering if the extra tuck meant you didn't need to consciously do this anymore.  Thanks for the feedback!
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 3:24:06 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I do the part in read already, I was just wondering if the extra tuck meant you didn't need to consciously do this anymore.  Thanks for the feedback!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do the part in read already, I was just wondering if the extra tuck meant you didn't need to consciously do this anymore.  Thanks for the feedback!

For the record I've heard of people not liking the extra tuck.

I would recommend getting it.  If it digs into your pelvic, the foam will help.  I would get a foam block and contour it around the cylindrical wedge so it lays flat against you instead of having a small area pressing into you.

eta:  This is what I'm talking about with the foam.   My own, not jm custom

Link Posted: 1/1/2015 3:28:37 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
You can't train with it (draw, shoot, and reholster) and it sucks flat out compared to a purpose built AIWB holster with a wedge to tuck the pistol.  Spend some money on a real holster, I know from experience.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The Vanguard does tuck mildly.  the shape of the shank is unique. It also adds much less bulk than other holsters.

Link Posted: 1/1/2015 3:35:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The Vanguard does tuck mildly.  the shape of the shank is unique. It also adds much less bulk than other holsters.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The bulk is a non issue with a good AIWB holster.  I don't have my V2 anymore but it actually printed more due to the cant and soft loop than my Shaggy or JM Custom.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 3:44:51 PM EDT
[#43]

That holster adds bulk to the waistline. A

good aiwb design balances tuck,  comfort,  and bulk.  

V2 isn't better than a good aiwb but is better for aiwb than a standard taco holster imo
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 3:50:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.607986701729336634&w=150&h=112&c=7&p=0&dpr=3&pid=1.7

V2 isn't better than a good aiwb but is better for aiwb than a standard taco holster imo
View Quote

For me; a guy who trains and competes with AIWB, the VG2 will never be an option.  Yes, the good holster have more bulk but said bulk is purpose designed and aids in tucking the gun for comfort and concealment.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 3:56:22 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
For me; a guy who trains and competes with AIWB, the VG2 will never be an option.  Yes, the good holster have more bulk but said bulk is purpose designed and aids in tucking the gun for comfort and concealment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.607986701729336634&w=150&h=112&c=7&p=0&dpr=3&pid=1.7

Yeah i think everyone agrees the v2 is not for comp. I'm not saying you should buy one but i can't criticize others for using it.   My brother has one.

I couldn't find anything i liked so i designed my own.

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 5:15:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Another vote for JM Custom. He makes a really good holster. I ordered an IWB3 for my Shield. The clip makes it easy to put it on and take it off quickly which is useful for my job. I can wear it up front while standing or slide it to the side when sitting/kneeling. I ordered a Raven for my M&Pc to carry OWB, but I will definitely be ordering a JM for IWB carry.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 12:55:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.jmcustomkydex.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/lg/AIWBd.jpg

It isn't. That is a Glock 19 I believe. It isn't uncomfortable at all. Nor is it with a G17, although the longer slide is more noticeable to the user. Longer slide guns are defiantly felt more while moving/sitting with this carry method. A medium length slide like a G19 or an M&P C are ideal for this style of carry IMO.

I to have the J&M AIWB holster. The extra tuck option is worth it IMO. I would recommend the high ride kydex belt loop. I do like that foam wedge the poster above made himself. Either way that holster is extremely comfortable with my M&P 9C, I have worn it for hours on end here in FL with zero complaints, even when in the car or sitting in a booth at a restaurant.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 12:54:58 PM EDT
[#48]
This thread relevant to my interests. I tried AIWB carry with my S&W 3913 and SD9VE the past few days. Wasn't as uncomfortable as I thought, especially since I was only using my Remora holster. Was surprised at how little I was printing considering I'm 5'6", 155.

Methinks with a dedicated holster this might be my new method.

Looking hard at the JM holsters. Does anyone have any experience with the "George" version?
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 2:46:58 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

This thread relevant to my interests. I tried AIWB carry with my S&W 3913 and SD9VE the past few days. Wasn't as uncomfortable as I thought, especially since I was only using my Remora holster. Was surprised at how little I was printing considering I'm 5'6", 155.

Looking hard at the JM holsters. Does anyone have any experience with the "George" version?
View Quote
Look at keepers concealment too.

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:21:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

The George version is built for a skinny guy.  Said guy whom it was purpose built for hangs out on (not trying to drive traffic!) pistol-forum.com under the handle "GJM."
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top