Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2014 11:44:17 PM EDT
My normal carry is a Glock 19 in a Supertuck at 3:30 and extra mag in a Glock sport mag pouch at 9:00

Been doing this for a few years now with a 5.11 nylon belt and it wasn't stiff enough to begin with, and has lost rigidity over time.

So I'm looking for a new belt

1.5"
Not leather (nylon etc)
Stiff
Very low profile buckle or no buckle
Cheaper the better, I'm not gonna pay $100 for a belt

eta:
I appreciate the suggestions but none of them were really what I was looking for, I did a bit more browsing and purchased an Uncle Mike's Ultra Inner Duty Belt

My initial thoughts are that it rocks
It is rock solid and my holster and mag carriers are much more comfortable
It is very stiff and seems to work wayyyy better to hang stuff off of than my older belt
No buckle, which is a big plus for me
Also I may end up purchasing a duty/battle/war belt that for an OWB rig since it should mount secure very well with hook and loop to the inner belt

I have a 32 waist and purchased in a medium, fits well but only about 6" of overlap with an IWB holster/G19. Just put an order down for a large too and will see if more overlap is better

Ill update if it ends up sucking

eta 2: about a month in, doing very well
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 12:04:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Ares ranger.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 7:56:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Volund Gearworks Atlas G-Hook
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 10:27:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Wilderness Original Instructor Belt.  I have the CSM (basically a Kydex sheet sandwiched between 2 layers of nylon webbing) and it works great for both IWB and OWB carry.  I carry either a Sig P227 or a P226 both w/ or w/o and Surefire X300U and it performs flawlessly.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 10:36:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

this and dont look back
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 11:16:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Beltman.  Don't get the liner, it is unneeded. High quality belts.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 12:34:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I have Comp-tac's leather kydex reinforced belt.  I can wear it and it does not scream look at me I am carrying because it looks like any other best just stiffer.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 12:53:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

this and dont look back
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this and dont look back

Link Posted: 12/12/2014 1:01:14 PM EDT
[#8]
So many people didn't read OP.

Atlas G-hook is the only belt listed here that meets your specifications.  I wasn't a big fan as the nylon feels papery compared to my Wilderness belt, and I realized I just hate nylon belts.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 8:05:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have Comp-tac's leather kydex reinforced belt.  I can wear it and it does not scream look at me I am carrying because it looks like any other best just stiffer.
View Quote

I had one and the kydex broke over time. And my wilderness 5 stitch lost its stiffness. Areas ranger and don't look back
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 12:08:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Wilderness Original Instructor Belt.  I have the CSM (basically a Kydex sheet sandwiched between 2 layers of nylon webbing) and it works great for both IWB and OWB carry.  I carry either a Sig P227 or a P226 both w/ or w/o and Surefire X300U and it performs flawlessly.
View Quote

I've bought a lot of carry belts over the last year and the one I use most is the one I bought way before I carried.  Wilderness Instructor 5 Stitch.  1.5" / $45  Ease of use and adaptability for IWB or OWB second to none!
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 1:56:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I've bought a belt from Dillon Precision about 18 years ago.  Only gun belt I've ever used.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 10:20:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Last chance heavy duty I picked it up at Cabalas
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 10:55:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Wilderness
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:54:33 PM EDT
[#14]
I appreciate the suggestions but none of them were really what I was looking for, I did a bit more browsing and purchased an Uncle Mike's Ultra Inner Duty Belt

My initial thoughts are that it rocks
It is rock solid and my holster and mag carriers are much more comfortable
It is very stiff and seems to work wayyyy better to hang stuff off of than my older belt
No buckle, which is a big plus for me
Also I may end up purchasing a duty/battle/war belt that for an OWB rig since it should mount secure very well with hook and loop to the inner belt

I have a 32 waist and purchased in a medium, fits well but only about 6" of overlap with an IWB holster/G19. Just put an order down for a large too and will see if more overlap is better

Ill update if it ends up sucking
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:08:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this and dont look back

Another vote for this.  I have been wearing mine for about two weeks now and very happy with it.  Matt is a great guy to deal with.  Probably going to order a second one soon.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:53:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I used a Wilderness 5-stitch Instructor belt for many years until I got a DSG Alpha belt. I highly recommend the DSG. It's stiffer than the Wilderness, and the buckle is excellent.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:32:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

This!
1.5" belt, triple stitch.

Supports every gun I wear, up to and including a 4" N frame.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top