Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2014 12:13:05 PM EDT
5'10", 270lbs.  Huge beer belly.

I've been a fan of RM Holsters' PADDLE HOLSTER for awhile.  I got one for my G42 (along with a mag-pouch) and--on the recommendation of the owner--decided to TRY their LOWRIDER (even though I have had and sold like 6-8 of the most popular IWB holsters over the last 10 years--most of them hybrids with leather and kydex).  I didn't see HOW a kydex-only could feel very comfortable, nor how it would work when I sat down, etc., but I really liked the idea of carrying my G19, and OWB just prints too much for my liking (great at classes or on the range though).  I go a few places where they have a "no gun" policy (like movie theaters).

I put the LOWRIDER on last night with a pair of pants and it felt great--my stipple job was a bit rough, so I had to hike up the exoficio boxers a bit, but I was shocked that it didn't bother me at all and kept the gun in place.  The draw is definitely a bit different--the grip IS lower than I'm used to, but during 25-30 practice presentations, I never had a problem:  gun came out with a good grip, extended mag-release never got pushed (and the gun wasn't even too difficult to get back in the holster).  I sat, walked, and left it in for about 2 hours.  The holster is EASY-ON-EASY-OFF since it just snaps over your belt.

I KNOW that it's always going to be personal preference--I've seen a few of these threads with all the usual recommendations.  I've tried ALMOST ALL of them except the Silent Thunder Fusion (which was on my list) and a few others that are really pricey (over $80 with regular leather).  

Overall, I'm impressed and definitely look forward to carrying the G19.

I'm sure the cute G42 will still get some time out of the safe for summer carry and quick trips to the store.  I'll post some pics later.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:08:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Dap contact cement and some tin leather and you can line the outside of the holster yourself.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:37:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I use the www.rmholsters.com Low Rider exclusively as my IWB rig.  I've tried many and have a very full used holster tub to prove it and have not found a more comfortable, more concealable, or easier drawing rig.  

Here is a custom one Kee made me for my new Unity Tactical ATOM rig.

First class product with first class service.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:52:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Also my favorite holster to date. I love being able to take it on and off quickly and easily.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 9:50:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Got one for my Glock 26
Very comfy holster
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:55:39 AM EDT
[#5]
He's such a standup guy who you can tell will work with you to make sure you're happy.  He said lots of bigger guys used the LowRider, so I took a chance and it paid off (it wasn't really much of a chance due to his offer of a full refund, but I'd just sell it for a loss, since I'd rather lose a few bucks than to bug a good person about a return and refund).  

The g19 went to the movies for the first time ever the other night (FURY was really good) and it wasn't any more noticeable than my Shield in an OWB.  Prior to the LowRider, the g19 ONLY went with me on the very rare occasion when I had to go to a bad side of town at night (usually with a backup 33rd mag in a pocket).

*--I'm still waiting for my wife to leave her fancy iphone laying around so I can get a few pics.  

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:06:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Are people really still using one piece kydex belt loops as part of holsters?
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:52:02 PM EDT
[#7]
JS and RM do--two of my favorites.
I've had paddle styles from both that have been used for years--didn't realize anyone ever had a problem.  If they did, either the design sucked or the wearer didn't know how to put on and take them off; I have at least three to four thousand iterations with Kydex paddle and loop with no issues (though I guess I do upgrad to different pistols or styles ever 600-1500 iterations).

The RM and JS style holds guns much closer than most metal or plastic loops for me (often the loops are way too deep), though the "wing" style do a good job.  And the easy on and off means Its easy to take off and throw in the safe when I get home.  

My dad worked his whole life (as a sky Marshall and SA for Customs/ICE/Homeland) without ever carrying IWB, but I wanted him to try out my "upgraded" G19 (even though he shoots his G23), so I loaned him my gun and this holster for qualification (he has to do it to keep his CCW while retired).  He liked it so much, he's ordering one since he wants to be able to carry his g23 sometimes (these days he usually carries a snubby or his german PPK).
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 2:04:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I also have this holster and have used it since 2007 for my Glock G19.  It is the most comfortable IWB holster I have ever used.  I also have the extreme cant OWB holster which is also a very nice holster.

Wayne
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 6:30:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Just be sure to keep an eye on the fold where the Kydex does the hairpin into the clip. Over time, it may develop a stress crack there.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 1:12:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I've been there. lose it you'll feel much better too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top