Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:53:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I still don't understand why night sights aren't available for Kel-tecs...
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 3:35:53 PM EDT
[#2]
If any gun I use for any reason doesn't have them already when I buy it, I don't bother adding them later unless they're dirt cheap. They work great in low light, but only when I can't really identify a target. If I use a flashlight then the sight silhouette is as clear as can be. They have a small window when they're very useful, but not worth the money IMO. I also don't like the random life expectancy. I have a Trijicon front sight on my Beretta Elite dated 05' that still has some glow left. I also had a Trijicon front sight for my G19 dated 13' that died out in 6 months. So much for half life expectancy. I know there's a warranty, but who wants to be sending in sights at random times to get replaced. Not me.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 8:54:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I mostly carry my G26 gen4 exclusively and it has standard Trijicon nights on it. Same with my gen3 G19 and G23 that see occasional carry.

My P2000sk in both .40 and .357 Sig has standard sights, but I carry that too sometimes.

Why not have night sights? I like them. But chances are good there won't be too much careful sighting at self defense ranges.

I'm fine either way, but prefer night sights.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:03:48 AM EDT
[#4]
All Glock plastics replaced with steel night sights.  Kahr and 1911 steel sights no.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:30:16 AM EDT
[#5]
my off duty carry does have night sights. imho might as well have every step up you can if you do have to draw.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:25:53 PM EDT
[#6]
night sights and weapons lights if it leaves the safe or the house
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:51:36 PM EDT
[#7]
All of my pistols have night sights.  I pretty much price them into the price of the gun.  If I can buy the gun with night sights, great.  Otherwise it's an automatic addition, along with extended mag release, slide release and mag base plates.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:03:23 AM EDT
[#8]
All have night sights.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:58:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All of my pistols have night sights.  I pretty much price them into the price of the gun.  If I can buy the gun with night sights, great.  Otherwise it's an automatic addition, along with extended mag release, slide release and mag base plates.
View Quote

..and a couple of extra magazines and a holster or two.  (and a partridge in a pear tree)  

I also have a Sig laser unit for my P290RS that I don't care that much for.  I also can't take it into Crook county, which is near by.  (Cabella's and LL Bean would be the motivation for going there)  You also need to run your carry ammo thru it, and enough practice ammo to get decent with it.

I have quickly learned a new carry gun is much more expensive than just the gun itself.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 6:12:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I have night sights on my colder weather carry gun, a Ruger SR9c, but that's because it's rarely carried (Florida doesn't have much cold weather) and mostly used as home defense with a taclight. I don't like the night sights that much but I already bought the damn things. 3 dot sights in general don't work very well for me.

My average carry pistol, a M&P Bodyguard .380, sports the stock blacked out sights in the rear with the front sight simply painted with a bright green model paint. It lets me acquire my front sight extremely fast, faster than my night sights. If i'm ever in a situation where I cant see my front sight, chances are it's time to pull out my flashlight anyways because i'm not taking a shot without knowing exactly what I'm aiming at and whats behind and in front of it.

Night sights, IMO, can be great when accompanied with a flashlight but I would never ONLY rely on them for targeting at night.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 4:37:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Trijicons on all carry handguns, plus a flashlight in my pocket.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 1:07:17 AM EDT
[#12]
XS Big Dot sights on my M&P C. Best sights on the market for carry guns IMO.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 4:27:11 PM EDT
[#13]
My Sig-P220 and my CZ-75 bothe have CT grip laser sights
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:58:20 PM EDT
[#14]
My recent carry does not have night sights YET. All my previous carry guns did.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 11:01:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Trijicons on the 19 and truglow on the 30
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 11:53:48 AM EDT
[#16]
On my G22(factory installed) and on my PPQ had to fork the money because I broke off the front sight. Figure mind as well get some NS. Those are meprolight
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top