Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2014 2:11:37 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I'd like to carry a full size SIG P226 or P229 and am having a hard time finding a quality jacket or leather jacket with a good CCW inside pocket that isn't just some large pouch.  What are you guys using and what do you like for a CCW jacket for a duty size gun?
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 10:54:31 AM EDT
[#1]
OWB holster on a good belt under the jacket is usually how I roll. I guess  if you found a jacket with a large inside pocket you could stuff a G-Code Incog or a Compact Infadel in there and secure it with the belt clips.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 11:01:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't fall for that gimmicky crap. If you are going to carry a gun, do it proper and not in some stoopid pouch in a 'gun garment'. Just wear what you wear normally and the right holster will fit right in with that. Get a good belt and a good holster, or more than one for different carry types. A larger Sig like what you describe would be super lame to carry in a pocket of a jacket or vest.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 7:06:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't fall for that gimmicky crap. If you are going to carry a gun, do it proper and not in some stoopid pouch in a 'gun garment'. Just wear what you wear normally and the right holster will fit right in with that. Get a good belt and a good holster, or more than one for different carry types. A larger Sig like what you describe would be super lame to carry in a pocket of a jacket or vest.
View Quote

This. Carry it on your body, IWB or OWB.

Jackets get left behind, get left on chair backs across the room, and drawing will never be as smooth as with a dedicated holster/belt rig.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:20:26 PM EDT
[#4]
The jacket option sucks as a holster. They droop noticeably to the side under the weight, and it is not comfortable. Just use a belt holster and let the jacket be a cover garment.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:06:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I also vote not for the jacket and avoid the IPSC shoot me vest as well. I was at the movies and a guy showed up wearing one . It screamed I have a gun
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:48:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OWB holster on a good belt under the jacket is usually how I roll. I guess  if you found a jacket with a large inside pocket you could stuff a G-Code Incog or a Compact Infadel in there and secure it with the belt clips.
View Quote

+1

I wear an OWB holster on my belt for either a commander 1911 or the big S&W 1076 10mm.  Go inside, take the jacket off and OC while we're eating.  Being anal about absolute concealment is tiring.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:21:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Couple years ago I bought one of those Sig-Tac jackets that have an inner "pouch" on each side.  It will hold a normal sized pistol, but weighs the jacket down.  

The jacket is nice, and looks to be made by Carhartt.  I wore it a couple times around the house and played Travis Bickle in the mirror.  I can see limited scenarios where it may be a good method to carry, but I prefer to carry on the belt.  Still, its a nice casual jacket.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top